Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I've bought an S&D blackout and first want to install it into my guitar... I think I will start all those ROTW's in 2 or 3 days... but maybe I will record the Hate me or ETID thing today...but I have to go to work in one hour... let's see...

Thanks for the comments, guys!! It took ages to record that solo 'cause I was soooo tired and I kept falling asleep while sitting here. :lol: If it was for something more serious, I'd probably try and get it sounding cleaner.

And I've recorded about 12 videos of COB/Sinergy today so I'm gonna upload them to youtube and post here.

Okay, so here's the videos that I recorded today. There's 9 that I'm happy with showing. Most of them have silly mistakes all over the place because I wasn't worrying too much about perfection, but just hitting the strings hard and having a good time with it all. :kickass:

Watch the end of BANNED FROM HEAVEN, I break a string. :headbang:

BANNED FROM HEAVEN SOLO:

DOWNFALL SOLO:

WRATH WITHIN SOLO:

BODOM AFTER MIDNIGHT:

TRIPLE CORPSE HAMMERBLOW:

TOWARDS DEAD END:

SINERGY - SHADOW ISLAND:

HATE ME!:

EVERYTIME I DIE:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok then, after Mitch's vids this is going to be nothing :lol:, but I re-recorded some parts of BFH and made louder the already recorded ones, so I think now sounds better, plus I recorded the solo. Not especially good, but at least I tried :lol:

ROTW 14 - Banned From Heaven (intro and solo)

And I recorded Kissing The Shadows, and I'm quite happy with it. Let me know what you guys think. The thig I like more about it are the harmonics, :lol:

ROTW 15 - Kissing The Shadows (intro and first melody)

Enjoy them (or don't).

I've bought an S&D blackout and first want to install it into my guitar... I think I will start all those ROTW's in 2 or 3 days... but maybe I will record the Hate me or ETID thing today...but I have to go to work in one hour... let's see...

Ah that's ok. Take some time then if you want, but give it a go when you have free time.

This is to who ever makes backing tracks.. How do you do the keyboard parts? Do you just add effects to MIDI tracks?

Also, all my ROTWs will come soon... Soonish.. In a while..

Come on, thread master, :lol: It's been ages since your last recording!

Okay, so here's the videos that I recorded today. There's 9 that I'm happy with showing. Most of them have silly mistakes all over the place because I wasn't worrying too much about perfection, but just hitting the strings hard and having a good time with it all. :kickass:

Watch the end of BANNED FROM HEAVEN, I break a string. :headbang:

*TONS OF COOL VIDS*

Really cool vids Mitch, nice playing as always. And finally you recorded TDE vid that you wanted to record some time ago :kickass:

And I recorded Kissing The Shadows, and I'm quite happy with it. Let me know what you guys think. The thig I like more about it are the harmonics, :lol:

ROTW 15 - Kissing The Shadows (intro and first melody)

Enjoy them (or don't).

can I be honest? I think you should practice it a bit more, especially that last part and record again. start off practicing at like 60% with GP and then build up from there. but yeah, the harmonics were nice :)

Course you can, it's the only reason I record for. I don't want the comments to be sweet but untrue, :lol:

Once again, it's the same as with Needled's intro lead. With time (say a couple of weeks or so) I can get it better, but atm (today or in 2-3 days time) not, and I want to keep going with them, so I record them and then when I get them better I re-record them and upload again. But yeah, nice to know what is worse about it so I can focus more on it. My main focus atm is making it sound clean, which is a bit difficult with the shitty soundcard my sister's laptop has, but I try, :lol:

Oh man, I missed so much of this thread..

Can someone list down all of the ROTW so far?

I'll see if I can record anything, I've hardly played anything bodom for the last month and not practiced much. I hope I can get back to it in about 2 weeks when I get one of the guitars back down to D.

^I might try it tomorrow or so, thanks!

I think is one of your best cover!
Good job!

Thanks dude :kickass:

Oh man, I missed so much of this thread..

Can someone list down all of the ROTW so far?

I'll see if I can record anything, I've hardly played anything bodom for the last month and not practiced much. I hope I can get back to it in about 2 weeks when I get one of the guitars back down to D.

You have 4 guitars and none of them is in D? DO you have them all in E or do you have each guitar in weird tunings?