Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I agree. Threads like this actually give you something to learn and practice if you're at that point where you're kinda stuck with your playing and aren't sure what to do (*hint, hint* Nick :p). This thread and the forum jams we have in the guitar player's thread definitely help a person improve some skills. And the fact that we share criticism also comes in handy.

@ Mystique: that's pretty good! But the thing at 4" scared me! :lol: The first bar when the two guitars play the rythm are a bit out of sync but the whole thing is pretty well played. :)

Do you (I mean everybody) record each track while playing with the backing track ONLY for each track recording or do you record the first guitar while listening to the backing track, then record the second guitar while listening to the backing track + 1st guitar already recorded and so on?

Do you (I mean everybody) record each track while playing with the backing track ONLY for each track recording or do you record the first guitar while listening to the backing track, then record the second guitar while listening to the backing track + 1st guitar already recorded and so on?
The last option. To me it feels better to record lead over an already recorded rythm track. In most recording software you can just mute the tracks with one click though.

I agree. Threads like this actually give you something to learn and practice if you're at that point where you're kinda stuck with your playing and aren't sure what to do (*hint, hint* Nick :p). This thread and the forum jams we have in the guitar player's thread definitely help a person improve some skills. And the fact that we share criticism also comes in handy.
Hehe to me that isnt even possible to get stuck and dont know what to do :p

Just read theory, learn scales and stuff ;)

Fuck, that'll give me a reason to re-string my Jackson. I've been putting it off for like over a week 'cuz I'm a lazy mofo, but now I'll have to if I wanna practice this.

What was last weeks one, the AYDY intro and chorus, wasn't it?

@ Mystique: that's pretty good! But the thing at 4" scared me! :lol: The first bar when the two guitars play the rythm are a bit out of sync but the whole thing is pretty well played. :)

:lol: thanks. the thing with the whammy bar I did in the beginning just came out of nowhere...just wanted to do something different I guess.

And for me, it's the same thing Flappy said.

Hehe to me that isnt even possible to get stuck and dont know what to do :p

Just read theory, learn scales and stuff ;)

Are you serious? You've never even once had a moment where you were kinda stuck with your playing? Cuz I know we all plan to learn this and that, theory included, but sometimes we just get bored of it so we don't feel like doing it, and then we feel stuck and don't know where to go from there.

Fuck, that'll give me a reason to re-string my Jackson. I've been putting it off for like over a week 'cuz I'm a lazy mofo, but now I'll have to if I wanna practice this.

You live in Italy now? I will give you the right tab in a few hours for PMIB. And Resident Evil rulez!

True, but I got nothing in response to my last contribution :lol: So atm I'm jusst waiting until I'm not lazy to downtune my gutiar to drop C and get AYDY and PMIB done :lol:

I really need to update everything on here actually..

True :lol:

I record all the rythm guitars ONLY WITH THE BT and then I turn them on to record the leads.

Suggestion for the next ROTW: Punch Me I Bleed solo :)

Done!

ROTW Week.. Erm.. like, 15? or 18 or something...

BUNCH ME I PLEAD SOLO!

I hope I got the DVD reference right.. :p

Fuck you both! A solo again? You want me to stay inside practising for the rest of the summer or what?? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

And yeah, last week was AYDY.

:lol: thanks. the thing with the whammy bar I did in the beginning just came out of nowhere...just wanted to do something different I guess.

And for me, it's the same thing Flappy said.

Are you serious? You've never even once had a moment where you were kinda stuck with your playing? Cuz I know we all plan to learn this and that, theory included, but sometimes we just get bored of it so we don't feel like doing it, and then we feel stuck and don't know where to go from there.
Well i've of course had those days when i dont feel like playing guitar but i've still had my plans ;)

Calm down Jose, at least he's putting the solos as the advanced parts now. They're optional if you feel like tackling them. If not, then just do the main riff that's listed. I like the option of them being there, because it pushes me to learn new things (if I haven't already learnt it) and actually practice it to a point where it's at a recording level, performance wise.

The rhythm doesn't seem impossible, and if you can't do the lead like the album, just create something by yourself to make it easier. I would, if I couldn't play what I wanted for something like this.

I just wanna check to see if we're all aware of the weeks and riffs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

01. Silent Night, Bodom Night [Intro]
02. Trashed, Lost & Strungout [Intro]
03. Hate Me! [Intro]
04. Hellhounds On My Trail [Interlude & Solo]
05. Tie My Rope [Intro]
06. The Bitch Is Back [Interlude]
07. Downfall [Intro & Solo]
08. Follow The Reaper [Chorus]
09. Everytime I Die [Solo]
10. Needled 24/7 [Intro]
11. Blooddrunk [Intro]
12. Roadkill Morning [Interlude & Solo]
13. Rebel Yell [Intro & Solo]
14. Banned From Heaven [Intro & Solo]
15. Kissing The Shadows [Intro]
16. Are You Dead Yet? [Intro]
17. Deadnight Warrior [Intro]

Did the Punch Me I Bleed solo actually count as week 17? or did u only say it to please Flappy?

damn, this thread has been going on for 17 weeks! and for this ROTW do you want the deadnight warrior intro as played in Tokyo Warhearts? cuz that's the only version of it in the tab thread.

hey Mitch, could you please put my ROTW 3 on the soundclick page?

:lol: I'm sorry Mitch, I didn't want to sound harash neither was I really pissed, but for this week don't you think that the intro is actually mroe difficult than the solo? I mean, I can get the solo to sound quite decent (I change some sweeps, but it doesn't sound that bad), but I can't go further than the first bar of the intro lead :lol::lol::lol:

damn, this thread has been going on for 17 weeks! and for this ROTW do you want the deadnight warrior intro as played in Tokyo Warhearts? cuz that's the only version of it in the tab thread.

hey Mitch, could you please put my ROTW 3 on the soundclick page?

I don't think he really cares which version you play, it's all for fun, at the end of the day. :kickass:

And yes, I will do that sometime tonight.

:lol: I'm sorry Mitch, I didn't want to sound harash neither was I really pissed, but for this week don't you think that the intro is actually mroe difficult than the solo? I mean, I can get the solo to sound quite decent (I change some sweeps, but it doesn't sound that bad), but I can't go further than the first bar of the intro lead :lol::lol::lol:

Well actually, I just recorded ROTW 17# and I found the solo impossible to play cleanly all the way through, and the intro was rather "easy".

And I won't lie, I totally cheated on the solo...recorded the sweeps separately. :lol: The first four 3-string arps were all one take, then I had to do the 5-string Emin separate and then the D#dim arp separate 'cause I haven't practised those kinda of sweeps in years, so I literally can't go between them anymore. :erk:

The "production" is fucking terrible and I hate it, but CEP really is getting weird. If I record an amazing rhythm tone, and then save it as a 320kps mp3, it turns to shit. Even if I save it as a .wav file, it's not the same as if I just listen to it through playback in CEP, it sucks.

Well, here's my shitty sounding attempt at week 17's Riff Of The Week:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7jv1s

Yeah, the intro tone is thin. But I moved my hand up towards the neck a tiny bit more when palm muting and it thinned it out like that, but because of the guitar, it sounds weird. I'm hoping the RR1 with poplar body sounds better than both BC Rich (basswood) & Jackson (alder).

And for the solo, I just made it up myself. I changed a few parts because I couldn't play it the original way without practice. :lol:

I made a quick tab of what I played:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/izr5qn