Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I don't think he really cares which version you play, it's all for fun, at the end of the day. :kickass:

And yes, I will do that sometime tonight.
thankee.

it's not the same as if I just listen to it through playback in CEP, it sucks.

Well, here's my shitty sounding attempt at week 17's Riff Of The Week:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7jv1s

isn't that normal? whenever I export an audio mixdown, the result is ALWAYS crappier than the playback on the actual recording program.

and don't worry about your tone; we know good playing when we hear it ;)

Maybe it's "normal", but in my opinion, it shouldn't work like that. It's just a shame that all that hard work finding a good tone is ruined by that, even at the highest bitrate setting. Oh well.

Thanks for the comment, though! :)

Yes, it sound spretty good imo.
I've tried the PMIB solo. I changed a short part of the solo with an easier part , cause I can't get it without any fucking mistakes and I was like 5 sec in a barbarian mode (destroy my guitar and all what I can get into my hands). And I know why I can't get a good tone - my soundcard is crap. I have a perfect tone when I play only over my amp but when I record stuff... yes. Ok, here it is

Punch me I bleed solo

I've tried the PMIB solo. I changed a short part of the solo with an easier part , cause I can't get it without any fucking mistakes and I was like 5 sec in a barbarian mode (destroy my guitar and all what I can get into my hands). And I know why I can't get a good tone - my soundcard is crap. I have a perfect tone when I play only over my amp but when I record stuff... yes. Ok, here it is

Punch me I bleed solo

Good! and nice whammy flutter at the end:headbang:

Punch me I bleed solo

First of all its very nice, but i had a lot of problems with that recording to.
Do you use Mics or line in ?
Have you downloadet asio4all ?

Punch me I bleed solo

wow, the rhythm tone sounded pretty professional! what effect are you using for the lead?
and yeah, that whammy thing at the end was cool. how do you do that exactly?

Yeah, the intro tone is thin. But I moved my hand up towards the neck a tiny bit more when palm muting and it thinned it out like that, but because of the guitar, it sounds weird. I'm hoping the RR1 with poplar body sounds better than both BC Rich (basswood) & Jackson (alder).

And for the solo, I just made it up myself. I changed a few parts because I couldn't play it the original way without practice. :lol:

I made a quick tab of what I played:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/izr5qn

Jackson RR1 will sound better than any of your other guitars.

And this solo is very cool! I like it better than the original!:headbang:

I don't think he really cares which version you play, it's all for fun, at the end of the day. :kickass:

And yes, I will do that sometime tonight.

Well actually, I just recorded ROTW 17# and I found the solo impossible to play cleanly all the way through, and the intro was rather "easy".

And I won't lie, I totally cheated on the solo...recorded the sweeps separately. :lol: The first four 3-string arps were all one take, then I had to do the 5-string Emin separate and then the D#dim arp separate 'cause I haven't practised those kinda of sweeps in years, so I literally can't go between them anymore. :erk:

The "production" is fucking terrible and I hate it, but CEP really is getting weird. If I record an amazing rhythm tone, and then save it as a 320kps mp3, it turns to shit. Even if I save it as a .wav file, it's not the same as if I just listen to it through playback in CEP, it sucks.

Well, here's my shitty sounding attempt at week 17's Riff Of The Week:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7jv1s

The rythm tone sounds good, the thing gets kinda fucked up when the lead comes in, but anyway, that's better quality than our usualk recordings still, :lol: Good playing and nice solo dude.

BTW, do we have to tune our guitars down to C# or is the BT in D? If the BT is made for C# playing could someone help me out with a D standard BT? I don't have FL in this computer so I can't do it myself. Please? :D

The live intro lead is not that hard, but the normal song lead is going to be a pain in the ass for me.

isn't that normal? whenever I export an audio mixdown, the result is ALWAYS crappier than the playback on the actual recording program.

and don't worry about your tone; we know good playing when we hear it ;)

Not for me, my tone is usually crappy cos my soundcard is crap, but I hear the same when I record as when I export it to mp3.

Punch me I bleed solo

Cool!

@ Mitch: Too bad the mp3 sounds that bad. 00:22 sounds like staccato (perhaps you wanted it to sound like that) and 00:37 sounds terrible. But nice play.

@ Arcane: Nice lead tone but maybe too much reverb. And cool tremolo trick at the end!

First of all its very nice, but i had a lot of problems with that recording to.
Do you use Mics or line in ?
Have you downloadet asio4all ?

I use line in for recording but it always sounds like crap. I don't know asio4all. I use adobe audiotion 3.0.

Mytique said:
wow, the rhythm tone sounded pretty professional! what effect are you using for the lead?
and yeah, that whammy thing at the end was cool. how do you do that exactly?

I use a echo in my lead tone to become a more areal sound but I noticed after saving that the sound was better without any effects but can't make it annul and I won't record it again. I will make a new record when I'm not to lazy and when I can play the original part (where I changed the notes for easier playing).

The whammy thing at the end was just a little 'gimmick'. I don't think that it sounds good and I just forgot to delete it :) You can do this with only original Floyds or Schaller tremolos. Just hit a random harmonic on f.ex. g-string and let the tremolo flutter/flap (don't know the word for it). I hit the harmonic on 3rd fret g string. In the song Next In Line Alexi did the same at 1:41, 1:42. He hits the harmonics on 5 fret g-string and 7 fret b-string. Or in this You Tube video at the end of the guitar heroes recording session (he did it with like 6 or 7 notes).

But thx for the comments!

@Mitch

Yeah, those are all right, although the PMIB solo was week 17, which means that this week is week 18? Which would be the DNW Intro and solo :)

Good work everyone though!!

I PROMISE I'll do them all soon.. Hehe! :D

I've already solved the BT problem, so don't worry about it in case anyone had, :lol:

On topic, I'm sick of that intro, :lol: I can't get it down faster than 75%, it's driving me crazy. I've already come up with something else to play but I want to get the original done. The solo I think I'll just do a bit of my own version, :lol:

Why can't we have an easy solo like We're Not Gonna Fall? :lol: I learned it today and I've playe it like 23654623453468 times this evening, :lol:

I've already solved the BT problem, so don't worry about it in case anyone had, :lol:

On topic, I'm sick of that intro, :lol: I can't get it down faster than 75%, it's driving me crazy. I've already come up with something else to play but I want to get the original done. The solo I think I'll just do a bit of my own version, :lol:

Why can't we have an easy solo like We're Not Gonna Fall? :lol: I learned it today and I've playe it like 23654623453468 times this evening, :lol:
You are able to play the WNGF solo on full speed but not the DNW intro? :zombie:
For me I guess it's exactly the other way round.:p

^?¿?¿?¿ The We're Not Gonna Fall solo is an easy sweep+a fast run+a couple of bendings, :lol: And then there's the 2nd part which is a couple of slides, but I don't find anything that difficuly in there.

The DW intro has all the slides at the start then the 12-12-12 sweep (which for me are the most difficult sweeps), then the tap+slide+12-12-12 sweep again and then you have a run that starts at a speed and halfway through it gets faster. For me is definitely way more difficult.

Hmm I think I play a different version than you do, since I haven't come across any 12-12-12 sweeps. Those would indeed make it quite harder to play :p
I play the Tokyo Warhearts version from the Tab thread.

Punch me I bleed solo

Nice one man. Want it on the soundclick or should I wait for your other version?

And I can't play that picking bit properly either. :lol:

Jackson RR1 will sound better than any of your other guitars.

And this solo is very cool! I like it better than the original!:headbang:

Awesome!! Can't wait. :D

And thanks for the comment. ;)

The rythm tone sounds good, the thing gets kinda fucked up when the lead comes in, but anyway, that's better quality than our usualk recordings still, :lol: Good playing and nice solo dude.

BTW, do we have to tune our guitars down to C# or is the BT in D? If the BT is made for C# playing could someone help me out with a D standard BT? I don't have FL in this computer so I can't do it myself. Please? :D

Yeah, indeed. I added chorus to the lead so it clipped so bad. Turning up the volume didn't seem to do anything. Oh well.

And the only BT I have is in D (from Epi) so I just used that. I don't think it matters...

@ Mitch: Too bad the mp3 sounds that bad. 00:22 sounds like staccato (perhaps you wanted it to sound like that) and 00:37 sounds terrible. But nice play.

The "staccato" is just because I had the gain so low. This guitar sounds really weird and I needed it that low for it to sound good. And yes, read above regarding 00:37.

@Mitch

Yeah, those are all right, although the PMIB solo was week 17, which means that this week is week 18? Which would be the DNW Intro and solo :)

Good work everyone though!!

I PROMISE I'll do them all soon.. Hehe! :D

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if PMIB counted. I'll record mine tonight.

:

:lol: WTF!!! It's not an easy sweep at that speed, and those picking things aren't exactly easy either. At least in my opinion. I'll wait until Tim chooses that as an advanced part one week...

The DW intro has all the slides at the start then the 12-12-12 sweep (which for me are the most difficult sweeps), then the tap+slide+12-12-12 sweep again and then you have a run that starts at a speed and halfway through it gets faster. For me is definitely way more difficult.

I dunno how you're playing it, but this is how I played it:

4jt000.jpg

n18gwm.jpg

And to Mystique & Flappy:

I uploaded all your recent recordings to the soundclick page.

RIFF OF THE WEEK SOUNDCLICK

C'mon people, let's get some more action going on in here!!!

not yet. I will record it again tomorrow or in the next and I will try to get a better sound. I will experiment a bit with adobe and maybe I will find a way to make my recordings with a better sound.