Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

that was pretty nice, considering the short amount of time you guys have played for. and I love the fact that she holds her guitar in the classical position even tho it's not a V or X shape. rock on guys :headbang:

Hehe thanks :)

When she first started, she didn't know where to start so I kinda taught her (though I'd only been playing like 6/7 months at the time so I didn't have too much of a background in guitar as it was lol), so I taught her the classical position cause I like it better for metal :D

Thanks, but I think I'll just record the solo over the original song just to show you people how I get it and get some advice.

Nah, ppl always record of the original solos when they won't show there mistakes. Its easy to play over a solo cause you can hit lots of wrong notes and nobody would notice it. Record it over the BT that we can clearly hear it is you.

@ Mitch: sounds great. it sucks that your tone is so good and mine isn't. you always have a pluspoint cause of your great sound.

@orb nice vid dude!! there is some fast runs in that song that was kinda off...but still great work...i couldn't have done it better myself....

-[chop]-;7576069 said:
@orb nice vid dude!! there is some fast runs in that song that was kinda off...but still great work...i couldn't have done it better myself....

;) <3

@orb: Great vid man! Amazing one considering the time you and your friend have been playing dude!

Nah, ppl always record of the original solos when they won't show there mistakes. Its easy to play over a solo cause you can hit lots of wrong notes and nobody would notice it. Record it over the BT that we can clearly hear it is you.

@ Mitch: sounds great. it sucks that your tone is so good and mine isn't. you always have a pluspoint cause of your great sound.

I DON'T have the BT, and I'm not going to tune my guitar down do drop C just to record that short bit when I have the Deadnight Warrior thing going on that is giving me a pretty hard time. And if I record it with the original song don't worry, I'll put the solo loud enough for you to hear all my mistakes :rolleyes:

@orb: Great vid man! Amazing one considering the time you and your friend have been playing dude!

I DON'T have the BT, and I'm not going to tune my guitar down do drop C just to record that short bit when I have the Deadnight Warrior thing going on that is giving me a pretty hard time. And if I record it with the original song don't worry, I'll put the solo loud enough for you to hear all my mistakes :rolleyes:

Are we talking about the DNW thing or the WNGF solo?!?o_O

WNGF.

DW I will record it with BT and everything when I get the intro lead and the solo down or I come up with something that doesn't sound like shit and, most important, when I sort out why the fuck my computer now records all the sounds and not only the guitar like it used to do. Now I can only put a BT and record a track over it, because if I record more there's a huge mess of 2 or 3 drumtracks/basstracks/keytracks at the same time and sounds like shit.

I have that BT, but I do have to downtune to C to record the rythm guitars, because only the lead sounds week and not good, that's why I asked for somebody to record the rythm for me if someone has the guitar tuned to drop C atm.

Well, I'll try and change the chords that need the downtuning for other C chords and I'll try and record my own BT and then the lead without recording over the actual song. Until then:

1st try

BTW, the 2nd part of the solo seems quite rushed now that I hear it again, but anyway, I'll try to work that out for then next take if I can.

It would but my guitar says otherwise, :lol: F string snapped this morning and I have no replacement strings, so if I can't go to the store tomorrow no guitar until Monday :cry:, which I hope doesn't happen.

I just read the Alexi doing ballad shit thread and now I want to ask if somebody would like to record my Hate me! acoustic version..? I would do it by myself but the "pickup" for my acoustic is defect for the first two strings and I don't want to use my ESP for the clean parts... If somebody is interested I would make a BT and re-tab it with easier finger positions for the acoustic.

Oooh lake bodom intro... that's a tough one to get clean!

Can't wait to hear all the submissions :D

I just read the Alexi doing ballad shit thread and now I want to ask if somebody would like to record my Hate me! acoustic version..? I would do it by myself but the "pickup" for my acoustic is defect for the first two strings and I don't want to use my ESP for the clean parts... If somebody is interested I would make a BT and re-tab it with easier finger positions for the acoustic.

Ich würds gerne mal aufnehmen, habe aber leider auch keine vernünftige Akoustik da - von daher wirds wohl nichts werden.

Lake Bodom? Sounds interesting, now I just need my new strings, :lol: Argh I must get up to date with my ROTWs and get that WNGF solo done, but I lack an F (G) string atm :cry: I hope that I can go to town this evening and get one.