Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Aw that's incredibly awesome Aus! Nice job. Can imagine that it must be quite hard to play that on violin.

That's very original. The thing is that when playing fast, you play a lot of wrong notes but I can believe it's hard. The slower parts sound very good! By the way, violin looks so hard but not only because there is no frets but also because of the position of the left hand. It looks un-natural. Do left-handed violins exist? (I'm not left-handed)

I sanyone here with Windows fucking Vista? I've bought a new Notebook but now I have the problem that I can't record sth. when I go directly into my soundcard cause I can't hear anything when I plug my cable in it. I can record stuff with f.ex. adobe audition but can't hear me playing and when I press play after recording it sounds totally crap cause all you can hear is big noise... Anyone here who can help?

I do have Vista and I have the same problem, that's why my recordings aren't coming as usually as I used to, because I have to go back to my place where I have another computer with XP where I can record normally. If anyone has the solution for Vista recording it'll me much appreciated.

shit, I have vista, and I remember encountering the same problem...but I've forgoten how I fixed it...I figured out how to record on my new laptop before my accident, so it could be my memory on how I did it is just completely gone. sorry guys...if it comes back to me, I'll def. let you know.

Right click on that volume icon on your task bar (near the Time) You'll see something like "Open the mixer, Playing trhingy, Reccording thingy, Sound (sorry I have Vista in french so I don't know the terms)) click on the playing one, click Properties on the one that is active, than something like Level. I'm not sure of the terms and it may change with your soundcard, so just play their and find something that is probably mute.

YAY! I finally got a cam! Well here's a first vid, feedback would be nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvWoD5Sw-0

That was an excellent video! Great job dude!

That's very original. The thing is that when playing fast, you play a lot of wrong notes but I can believe it's hard. The slower parts sound very good! By the way, violin looks so hard but not only because there is no frets but also because of the position of the left hand. It looks un-natural. Do left-handed violins exist? (I'm not left-handed)

Well, yeah I'm faking most of the time but it's "close" to the right ones I guess. It's not a note-by-note cover anyway.

And no, I have never heard of any famous left-handed violinists, so probably they don't exist. As for the hand position, it's probably the only way to hold something long sticking out between your chin and shoulder :lol:

Well, yeah I'm faking most of the time but it's "close" to the right ones I guess. It's not a note-by-note cover anyway.

And no, I have never heard of any famous left-handed violinists, so probably they don't exist. As for the hand position, it's probably the only way to hold something long sticking out between your chin and shoulder :lol:

Get strap buttons on your violin and hang it like a guitar, would be epic:lol:

:lol: It was already featured as ''only for Mitch'' and ''Insane'' when we did Kissing The Shadows on week 15, :lol: And I'm glad it's like that :D

zirkonflex: I know, but still... We used to have other stuff as advanced, and if we set the level too high less people contributes. I'll still give it a go though.

I still haven't done Lake Bodom yet, but I'll try and get this one done.

Here's something I was working on earlier:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/osst49

It's the 3rd guitar solo in the Sinergy song, "Wake Up In Hell" and I was thinking of it earlier but couldn't remember how to play it so I learnt it and ended up recording it.

I learnt it on my BC Rich Warlock where the action is superlow so the fast picking things at the end were easy, but then I grabbed my Jackson to record it because it has a better lead tone and the action was wayyy higher so I had a lot of trouble getting them clean. I've lowered it now and can't be bothered re-recording it. I'll probably make a video of it when I'm not dead tired.

Okay since no one had an answer to my recording problem, can you guys tell me what software you use to record?

Although I doubt the software's at fault since I tried 2 different ones, I'd like to try some more. This problem of speeding up my recorded tracks is extremely frustrating.

The greatest i know is REAPER (Yes, indeed a bit funny if you record cob with it).
Its Shareware (free, you have to wait 3 seconds when starting if you dont have it activated) extremely powerfull and easy to use.
You can even customize its look full however you want it (Colours etc.)

Heres its Website

Its works great for me and i dont want to miss it anymore.

Ok, my first little entry here.
Its actually not a COW but a sound demo for my recording setup (Iam going to do COW's with this now).
Its bad played because i learned that song like half an hour ago and it was just one take :D.
This riff also confuses me alot, its kinda weird to play if you do it like it is on the record.
I simplified it a bit.

Its the Intro to Children of Bodom and please excuse it beiing in .wav, i couldnt export it well.

CoB beginning Riff by me (backing by Arcane):

http://www.file-upload.net/download-1111194/ChildrenofBodom-beginning-.wav.html