Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

It's:

E----
B-----
G-----
D-10-
A-8-
E----

It's just an F5 an octave higher. There's actually parts in the song that use that position, I think I just did it an octave lower because it sounded horrible in MIDI...my bad.

If you listen to the song, you can hear it during all of those parts, I just tabbed it an octave lower...

And for anyone who's interested, here's the complete update on all Riff Of The Weeks so far:

01. Silent Night, Bodom Night [Intro]
02. Trashed, Lost & Strungout [Intro]
03. Hate Me! [Intro]
04. Hellhounds On My Trail [Interlude & Solo]
05. Tie My Rope [Intro]
06. The Bitch Is Back [Interlude & Solo]
07. Downfall [Intro & Solo]
08. Follow The Reaper [Chorus]
09. Everytime I Die [Solo]
10. Needled 24/7 [Intro]
11. Blooddrunk [Intro]
12. Roadkill Morning [Interlude & Solo]
13. Rebel Yell [Intro & Solo]
14. Banned From Heaven [Intro & Solo]
15. Kissing The Shadows [Intro & Verse Melody & Solo...]
16. Are You Dead Yet? [Intro & Chorus Melody]
17. Deadnight Warrior [Intro & Solo]
18. Punch Me I Bleed [Solo]
19. Lake Bodom [Intro]
20. Smile Pretty For The Devil [Chorus Melody & Solo]

There's been a huge lack of contributions lately. Because no one cares? Or because they're too hard?

It's understandable, I mean, where's the RIFFS?

Deadnight Warrior Intro SOLO & main SOLO
Punch Me I Bleed SOLO
Lake Bodom INTRO lead
Smile Pretty For The Devil Chorus MELODY & SOLO.

Tim, I think you might need to start revising these and giving everyone an equal chance and being able to nail this stuff? For example, Riff of the Week could be Bodom Beach Terror Intro and maybe the riff after. An intermediate part could be the chorus melody and riffs, and the advanced part could be the solo.

If you're not great at leads, then Week 17-20 are useless. Just an idea!

Great idea mitch and thanks for the actual list update.

I would really suggest bodom beach terror (intro) for now, most people here should be able to nail it, advaced could be the part after that (Verse), so it would be a very easy one.
I would promise(!) (fuck me if i dont) to do both here.
If someone would export them to mp3 for me i could even upload on soundclick.

I would definetally be interested in giving some a shot.
I dont have the brilliance to make such brilliant recordings but I'll give it a try.
I gave the smile pretty solo a shot.
I just recorded of a digi cam, and i fooked up a few times.
First try tho 8==D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just downloaded "Reaper" that program you guys were talking about a few pages ago. Its pretty good :)
the rofltastic thing is that the Mic I use to record is the one you get with "Rock Band" haha

Thansk for the list Mitch! I'll see if I can record some of them until next week. I just started practicing more serioulsy two weeks ago. I actually wanted to record something two days ago but the Reaper program is not picking up any signal from my PX4..weird. But I'm sure it will be a quick fix :).

Yeah man, fucking awesome! I'm attempting it now and I'm getting so pissed off, I wanna throw my fucking guitar on the ground and break the piece of shit. This Jackson's alder body sounds fucking HORRIBLE, ARGH.

I'm attempting the SPFTD solo and I haven't practised it since I learnt it months ago and I fucking hate it!!!

I don't think I'll sell my Jackson Stars ever but I'll definitely play the poplar body RR more when I get it.

Well here's my crap recording of it:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s17op4

I'm so shit at mixing and it just clips 'cause I don't know how to sort this out. If I turn the rhythm guitars down, you can't hear them. If I turn them up, you can't hear the lead. If I turn them all down, you hear nothing. If I turn them all up, it's too fucking loud and clips!!!
This shitty backing track doesn't help either. I need to start using DKFH and Cubase, I think.

Seriously Mitch, if that is shit to you then I want my recordings to be the shittiest thing ever :lol: Great recording man!

And for anyone who's interested, here's the complete update on all Riff Of The Weeks so far:

03. Hate Me! [Intro]
05. Tie My Rope [Intro]
10. Needled 24/7 [Intro]
11. Blooddrunk [Intro]
19. Lake Bodom [Intro]

There's been a huge lack of contributions lately. Because no one cares? Or because they're too hard?

Punch Me I Bleed SOLO
Lake Bodom INTRO lead

Tim, I think you might need to start revising these and giving everyone an equal chance and being able to nail this stuff? For example, Riff of the Week could be Bodom Beach Terror Intro and maybe the riff after. An intermediate part could be the chorus melody and riffs, and the advanced part could be the solo.

Yes! At least someone agrees with me about this ''all leads'' trend :lol:

And BTW, my reason for the lack of recordings is that my laptop has Vistaids and I can't get it to record :S I'll be back in my place in less than twoo weeks and I'll try to get everything done then.

I dont have the brilliance to make such brilliant recordings but I'll give it a try.
First try tho 8==D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CSeCAynmI

That was great!

I just downloaded "Reaper" that program you guys were talking about a few pages ago. Its pretty good :)
the rofltastic thing is that the Mic I use to record is the one you get with "Rock Band" haha

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah man, fucking awesome! I'm attempting it now and I'm getting so pissed off, I wanna throw my fucking guitar on the ground and break the piece of shit. This Jackson's alder body sounds fucking HORRIBLE, ARGH.

You know who to contact when you get tired of it :p

^:lol: Did someone get butthurt about that? :lol: I've actually always thought they were kinda the same, and also remember that I ordered the RR24 because I got tired of Ishibashi and Ikebe and their japanese characters and shit so I went to Musik Produktiv where everything was in english and got the RR24 :lol: But I'd still like to own a J2SP, which is the closer replica of the OMG Wildchild I could get. And knowing the fanboi I am, I must get my hands on one one day :lol:

:lol: I'm sorry, but I happen to be spanish so some things come out the way they shouldn't specially when it's late and I'm sleepy and I have to check each post twice before clicking the ''Post'' button, and even like that some stuff slips away :lol:

03. Hate Me! [Intro]
05. Tie My Rope [Intro]
10. Needled 24/7 [Intro]
11. Blooddrunk [Intro]
19. Lake Bodom [Intro]

Punch Me I Bleed SOLO
Lake Bodom INTRO lead

yeah! where are the RIFFS indeed. Also, one thing that has made me lose interest in this thread is the fact that a lot of them come from the newer albums.
First try tho 8==D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CSeCAynmI
you hold your pick like PG does :p Nice work.

Attempting what?

Alder body was also one of the reason why I decided to sell my Jackson Stars Custom RR. Poplar all the way for me!

I thought omgAleksi has alder bodies on his guitars....
and what exactly is poplar? another form of alder?

Also, one thing that has made me lose interest in this thread is the fact that a lot of them come from the newer albums.
Totally agreed on that. I'd love some more of Hatebreeder FTR, or HCDR. But that's just my opinion of course.
Maybe it's nice to do the bridge of Bodom After Midnight (bars 70-89) next. Just a suggestion :)
And it does contain lead :p

Alexi does have alder bodies and i like alder :D
Its actually the best wood i have been playing, and i played poplar (wich sounds funny in english).
But you can of course argue about using different wood with different pickups so poplar might sound better in a specific way on a specific guitar.

Weh need more old stuff in here thats true.

Iam going to do Bodom Beach Terror and some old stuff today anyway.

Argh, i just saw an RR1 (black with EMG's, used of course) on ebay for 1000 Dollars ... They didnt want to ship to germany :erk:

Was http://cgi.ebay.com/jackson-Randy-Rhoads-RR-1-U-S-A_W0QQitemZ130255352484QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130255352484&_trkparms=72%3A1163|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 here.

@ nazghul:

I dont know how to fix that yet but REAPER only records the Microphone in (red) when set to default.
Try this and keep the volume low on the px, it might work.