Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

yeah! where are the RIFFS indeed. Also, one thing that has made me lose interest in this thread is the fact that a lot of them come from the newer albums.

Same. It's a reason it's taking me so long to record mine, because I have to learn/practice them. If it was from HB or FTR, I'd probably already know it.

Totally agreed on that. I'd love some more of Hatebreeder FTR, or HCDR. But that's just my opinion of course.
Maybe it's nice to do the bridge of Bodom After Midnight (bars 70-89) next. Just a suggestion :)
And it does contain lead :p

That's a cool part, although it's not a riff so it kinda goes against what I said. It'd be fine for an advanced part, though. The chorus riff or intro could be the "riff". Maybe even the verse.

I can't find any picks :cry:.

I'll give you one of mine, I have about 85. :lol:

d5ngx.jpg

(This pic is about a year old too! I have then since updated it with a Paul Gilbert & Yngwie Malmsteen pick, at least)

A cool new riff for this week would be this facking damn hard thing before the solo of Bodom Beach Terror. I've practised it today the first time and I have to say that it is the most difficult riff to play clean I ever tried. But now I rule it :) If it will be the next ROTW I will post it - if not I will record it incl. the solo and post it then :)

This weeks will be easier, I promise :) It's just, when I did have just riffs a certain SOMEONE complained.. But yeah, this week's will be better :)

I haven't contributed recently cos I'm slowly working thru them, and my hand is pretty sore right now, cos of that lump I have on it :(

Still, the ESP is in drop C, so I'll take a bash at all the songs in that tuning :)

This weeks will be easier, I promise :) It's just, when I did have just riffs a certain SOMEONE complained.. But yeah, this week's will be better :)

I haven't contributed recently cos I'm slowly working thru them, and my hand is pretty sore right now, cos of that lump I have on it :(

Still, the ESP is in drop C, so I'll take a bash at all the songs in that tuning :)

I don't know who you're referring to by 'someone', but if anyone complains, it's surely for a good reason. I'd love to see 10 people taking part in this, but no one will because of the choice of riffs that are too hard or are from the newer albums. I only wanted to suggest ideas to help this thread in general.

Sweeeet. I have around 5 picks, one I caught from some gig and it has this strange shape, like fin, and stuff. Another special is one with the CRY reaper.

I'd love one with the Ferrari logo!

I haven't seen the CRY reaper but I have a Something Wild pick.

16gwk5x.jpg

Boooo next time make a pattern, a form or use the color of the picks to create an image, something, tsssshhhh :zombie:

How's this? :lol: (colour order)

15nul9u.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty hard :lol:.

He did it on purpose. :lol:

Arcane said:
facking damn hard thing before the solo of Bodom Beach Terror. I've practised it today the first time and I have to say that it is the most difficult riff to play clean I ever tried.
Gayheart said:
I can't play that properly either!

That lighter is hot mitch! Trade you for the JE1200? hahahaha

Maybe I'll stop being such a lazy piece of shit and actually take part in the ROTW this week.

And maybe my animation teacher will stop giving us 4 things to do at once each week T_T