Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Pretty cool Tim.
But what happens after the first riff? It's very hard to hear you from like 0:17 and on.
Very nice pinch harmonic at 0:09 :headbang:
And are you going to record the solo? :)

Finally !

Iam mow ready to record with my digital setup (which works faster and is not so complicated).
It sounds nearly the same as the miced box.
Iam going to be home again at around half past 10, think this is to late to record.
But however iam going to do stuff tomorrow.

Could we do some standard d parts next week ?
I would be pleased :D

Pretty cool Tim.
But what happens after the first riff? It's very hard to hear you from like 0:17 and on.
Very nice pinch harmonic at 0:09 :headbang:
And are you going to record the solo? :)

Thanks mate! And I really don't know :S It sounded ok on my computer, but what the heck, it turned out ok.. Hehe! And I was quite proud of the harmonics :D

I think I'll pass on the solo! I wanna focus on getting all the old ROTWs done first!

EDIT: Ah wait, yeah, it went really quiet for some reason! Ah well!

Hey guys, I know it's not a cob cover (sinergy), but sinergy stuff has been ROTW's in the past so I figured I'd post this here too :)

I just finished recording a cover of Written in Stone, by Sinergy! :D

Things wrong with it:
1: I converted tempos incorrectly (multiplied by 2/3rds instead of 3/4ths), so as soon as it gets to the first distortion part it switches tempos and I play the entire song at 10.5 bpm too fast T_T Lol this made it harder to play... what a stupid mistake.
2: I didn't do the rest of roope's solo :p Mitch didn't finish tabbing it and I didn't want to use the noobs' tabs on UG ;)
3: I suck at acoustic parts :D (not to mention not having an acoustic guitar for the actual acoustic part as opposed to the clean electric parts).

Let me know what you think! I spent a lot of time making it :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=869041&songID=6925055

Nice one mate!

Also, when you say "I suck at acoustic parts" then you're going to! Think positive and you can achieve a lot more than you'd think!

Heh, I'll try to go into my next acoustic foray with a positive attitude :) I really did try on them tho, I just had a ton of trouble getting them to sound clean (playingwise, not tonewise lol)

Well, it's been a long time, and there are some sloppy bits, but..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xxkzxq
FIRST!
nice! I really liked the pinched harmonic at 9 seconds as well :)

Hey guys, I know it's not a cob cover (sinergy), but sinergy stuff has been ROTW's in the past so I figured I'd post this here too :)

I just finished recording a cover of Written in Stone, by Sinergy! :D

Things wrong with it:
1: I converted tempos incorrectly (multiplied by 2/3rds instead of 3/4ths), so as soon as it gets to the first distortion part it switches tempos and I play the entire song at 10.5 bpm too fast T_T Lol this made it harder to play... what a stupid mistake.
2: I didn't do the rest of roope's solo :p Mitch didn't finish tabbing it and I didn't want to use the noobs' tabs on UG ;)
3: I suck at acoustic parts :D (not to mention not having an acoustic guitar for the actual acoustic part as opposed to the clean electric parts).

Let me know what you think! I spent a lot of time making it :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=869041&songID=6925055

I really think you should practice the intro at slower speeds and then record again. Also, the guitars are much too low compared to the volume of the drums. You did some of the distortion parts nicely, (the harmonies were nice and the pinched harmonics were pretty good) but overall you really need to work on this song. Now that you know your conversions were wrong, play it at the right speed. It's such a beautiful song, don't mess it up! I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything, just giving my opinion.

Alright thanks for the advice!

EDIT: Not going to be doing re-recording today as I pulled an all nighter last night, but I remixed the file to have quieter drums and more bass on the backing track. Hopefully it's better now that you can hear the harmonies and arpeggios clearer :)

Nice playing and your BT'S are pretty cool! I need BT'S for Next In Line and Trashed!!!!!!!!! And a good one for Hate me! single with good keys!!!!!
A very subtle way to ask him if he could make those BT's for you :lol:

This is the faster I can get with the BBT riff atm. No solo. I'm sorry for such a shitty sumbmission this week, specially compared to Arcane's :lol:

@marfal: Cool! A bit too bassy but cool playing.

Ok, I've tried to record the BBT bridge + solo but I fucked up a bit the left/right panning and tone at the beginning. I've tried to become a more stereo sound so I choose a wide filed whatever from adobe audition for the first part and now it sounds like I have too much treble and no bass but I forgot the treble in the complete solo and this balance shit was a bad try... whatever, it's not soooo bad but it could be better. Oh and it seems that I'm a bit out of sync for some reason but it wasn't my fault... I think it happens after saving or sth...

BBT bridge plus solo

FUCK! That was brilliant dude! Mitch's going to have to work really hard if he wants to be top this week too! Only comment is: what the fuck happens with that snare?? :lol: It's so loud! Anyway, really cool and props on mastering that pre solo riff, it's a real nightmare to play on time.

Recording of the Week - Sixpounder (Intro - Bars 1 - 19)

*Advanced* -Sixpounder (Solo - Bars 86 - 98)

Wait, the 2nd solo? You must be joking :lol: This week's will only have Mitch and Arcane's as advanced sumbmissions, or maybe Altitudes with his old attempt which rocked.

yeah seriously. it's just annoying. and all the D standard songs are written better anyway.

Cut that shit.

Well, it's been a long time, and there are some sloppy bits, but..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xxkzxq
FIRST!

Fuck you! That was my trademark! :lol: Nice one though. It's going to take me a while to record that one because I have 2 gigs this week and I need my guitar in D standard, so you'll have to wait to next week for my submission, but to keep the thing going I'll record the Kaapiot solo which is real fun to play hehe.