Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Ok, I've tried to record the BBT bridge + solo but I fucked up a bit the left/right panning and tone at the beginning. I've tried to become a more stereo sound so I choose a wide filed whatever from adobe audition for the first part and now it sounds like I have too much treble and no bass but I forgot the treble in the complete solo and this balance shit was a bad try... whatever, it's not soooo bad but it could be better. Oh and it seems that I'm a bit out of sync for some reason but it wasn't my fault... I think it happens after saving or sth...

BBT bridge plus solo

Never commented on this as I hadn't listened to it (didn't want to dl the mp3 lol) but this is REALLLYLLYYYY good! :)

Everything sounds fantastic, tho once you get into the solo, after you do the fast picking bending part, you switch to the right pan, and it sounds like you change the tone too, and it sounds more muted. I like your tone better on the fast picking part, it's a lot clearer :)

Don't put words in other people's mouths. never does anyone say, "Listen up guys, this is a fact: New Bodom sucks." We all just share our thoughts and opinions, we don't sit here and say "I'm right and you're wrong." Maybe there are some douchebags that do, but I haven't been one of them. People are free to express their opinions, just let it go. If you don't like someone else's opinion, don't tell them to shut up.

Maybe not the way you meant that to be, but when someone takes the slightest chance to say how old Bodom was better (to your taste or not, that's not the problem) it gets quite annoying.

Well, I hope to hear everyone's submissions!

And @Mystique and Children of COB: Quit arguing, or I'll er.. Kick your asses? I dunno?

Hm, with such a warning I think I'll stop now :rolleyes::lol:

Sorry Tim, never meant to spam this nice thread, so the above will be my last word on the matter in here.

Nice ones Warheart, keep up the good playing. I like how some of your recordings are sometimes so note-to-note identical to the real songs. And I think you should do BBT anyway :D With a bit of practice I'm sure you will nail it.

QFT! :kickass: Come on Mitch, you can do it!

^ what?! what happened to your band? didn't you guys just record the demo? I remember you posted your album artwork and stuff a long time ago...

That sucks man =(. Hope you get a new one soon =)
Ensi you should definetely join in, it is indeed a lot of fun.
And anyone care to share the Rebel Yell backing track? :p

Yep, we have the arwork done and the drum and bass tracks recorded, and I was suposed to be the next to go in, but we had a really awful and crapy gig last Saturday and seems like the drummer and the singer weren't really happy with the band lately, and the gig worked like the trigger for the gun and they decided to quit. What I regret is that they did it through an internet forum instead of sitting down with me or at least giving me a phone call. Bassist had been some time not enjoying the rehearshals as much as he used to and wanted to tell me, but not before the gig so it wouldn't be a sad one, but it ended up being the worst gig in our short history so it wouldn't have made a difference. I still have to talk to him in person because he told me he doesn't want to go over it through the internet but face to face, which I'm glad that he's doing. But still, awful lot of shit this weekend. Perfect to complete the shittiest year of my life, including my arm injury and the most boring summer of my life in general terms.

Congratulations Jose!

^Maybe I don't need one, but still was shitload of fun and I'm going to miss live gigs until I find new members :erk: But anyway, better to stop things when they're not working aye?

Thanks to everyone anyway, support is never bad in this situations :)

And to get goint with the thread, here's some stuff for you people to enjoy (or not :lol:):

ROTW 23 - Black Widow - intro
ROTW 23 Advanced - Black Widow - Melody

BTW, I found the intro more difficult than the melody :lol:

And as I promissed some time ago, some Kylähullut for you people. Sorry for the sound, it went a lil' bit too loud and cracks a bit, so turn your speakers down a bit:

Kylähullut -Kääpiot solo

So Mitch, you record the sound from Korg PX4 directly to the PC while also recording the video on your camera....and then you mix together video, your guitar MP3 and original MP3 so it sounds good, right? What program are you using so you can delete the sound track from the video and replace it with MP3 and MP3 of your playing with Korg PX4 together?

So Mitch, you record the sound from Korg PX4 directly to the PC while also recording the video on your camera....and then you mix together video, your guitar MP3 and original MP3 so it sounds good, right? What program are you using so you can delete the sound track from the video and replace it with MP3 and MP3 of your playing with Korg PX4 together?

It's a lot more simple than that.

• I play the orignal song with Windows Media Player or Cool Edit Pro (import it in).

• I play over it with the PX4 turned on and make sure all the volumes are ok and the tone is good.

• Then I just open Windows Movie Maker, select "Capture Video", and then for "Audio Device", I select my soundcard, which records the PX4 sound (line in) instead of capturing what the mic on the cam hears.

• For "Audio Input Source", I choose "What U Hear", so then when I click record and play the mp3 with WMP or CEP, it records the video AND me playing through line in AND the orignal song, because it's set to record ANY audio that it hears, including error messages on your computer or something like MSN alerts.

This is how I record all my videos and it's how you get the best sound. If you need any addition help, I'll give my best.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh fuck, I've wanted to do that in a while but I kept forgetting, haha!!!

That's not my real submission, although my real one isn't much better...:lol:
It's a tough riff and this shitty guitar made anything I played sound like a complete piece of shit, so I had to increase the gain a bit and I fucking hate it!

I can't wait for my new RR to get here, it'll sound so much better.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e6ue9o