Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

This is the faster I can get with the BBT riff atm. No solo. I'm sorry for such a shitty sumbmission this week, specially compared to Arcane's :lol:

FUCK! That was brilliant dude! Mitch's going to have to work really hard if he wants to be top this week too! Only comment is: what the fuck happens with that snare?? :lol: It's so loud! Anyway, really cool and props on mastering that pre solo riff, it's a real nightmare to play on time.

Thx man! I'm thinking of doing it again with a better pre-solo riff. Maybe I can get a record without this anoying out of sync shit and one with more bass in the guitars :) But I don't know what you mean with the snare... I think it sounds normal.

I also like your record. When I started to play this riff the first time I can't do it faster than 90bpm or sth. but it's easier to play when you palm mute the whole riff (. prevent the scrape on your strings a bit when you do those fast string jumps)

@ Flappy: nice playing!

^Thanks.
I'm trying that BBT riff now and it seriously is one of the hardest riffs I've ever tried to play, on that speed. I doubt I will be able to play it at the normal speed to make a good recording. Yours is brilliant, very clean.
Looking forward to Mitch's version a lot too.

Does anyone still have the tab for the Rebel Yell intro & solo? Mitch uploaded it a while ago but the link is invalid now.

:lol: wtf. stop getting annoyed with other people's opinions.

I will when people stops stating as fact what is mere opinion and matter of tastes, or at least when they give good arguments so a serios discussion can be held and not the typical ''neoclassicool FTW new thrashy shit GTFO''.

Thx man! I'm thinking of doing it again with a better pre-solo riff. Maybe I can get a record without this anoying out of sync shit and one with more bass in the guitars :) But I don't know what you mean with the snare... I think it sounds normal.

I also like your record. When I started to play this riff the first time I can't do it faster than 90bpm or sth. but it's easier to play when you palm mute the whole riff (. prevent the scrape on your strings a bit when you do those fast string jumps)

Thanks, and you're kinda right about the palm muting thing. The hardest part are those D string notes which are so fucking hard to hit :lol:

About the snare maybe it's just me, but it sounded a bit too loud or something, but still the point of the recordings are the guitar parts and those were perfect, so props on that one man. I hope that now that you have your guitar back you get to do more of the ROTWs, cos until now all your submissions have been great :kickass:

Don't worry man, it was only because some people complained that the riffs were too focused on the last albums, so now I hope we have more than Mitch, Arcane, Tim and myself :lol: I'm still working on BBT's full speed, but it's a fucking mess atm :lol: And then I have SPFTD lead which I'm playing worse every day, so maybe I should record it already :lol: I'll be doing all the drop C ones next week cos this one I can't tune down my guitar because I have 2 gigs and I need it. Well, first one is done and was fucking cool. I'll review it with some headbanging pics for Inhe and Corny in the GP thread :lol:

Oh, and thanks for the BTs dude!

Don't worry man, it was only because some people complained that the riffs were too focused on the last albums, so now I hope we have more than Mitch, Arcane, Tim and myself :lol: I'm still working on BBT's full speed, but it's a fucking mess atm :lol: And then I have SPFTD lead which I'm playing worse every day, so maybe I should record it already :lol: I'll be doing all the drop C ones next week cos this one I can't tune down my guitar because I have 2 gigs and I need it. Well, first one is done and was fucking cool. I'll review it with some headbanging pics for Inhe and Corny in the GP thread :lol:

Oh, and thanks for the BTs dude!

I was only joking, but I'm gonna try taking part more in this thread, especially if it's about older stuff. I love this week's ROTW.
About the BT's: no problem dude.:)

I will when people stops stating as fact what is mere opinion and matter of tastes, or at least when they give good arguments so a serios discussion can be held and not the typical ''neoclassicool FTW new thrashy shit GTFO''.
Don't put words in other people's mouths. never does anyone say, "Listen up guys, this is a fact: New Bodom sucks." We all just share our thoughts and opinions, we don't sit here and say "I'm right and you're wrong." Maybe there are some douchebags that do, but I haven't been one of them. People are free to express their opinions, just let it go. If you don't like someone else's opinion, don't tell them to shut up.

Recording of the Week - Black Widow (Intro - Bars 1 - 26)

*Advanced* -Black Widow (Melody - Bars 43 - 55)

Good choice! I was also planning on doing last week's riff, but I haven't touched my guitar in 5 days cuz I've been so busy with school :( I'll try my best to make a submission for this one as well, altho it may come a bit late.

Don't put words in other people's mouths. never does anyone say, "Listen up guys, this is a fact: New Bodom sucks." We all just share our thoughts and opinions, we don't sit here and say "I'm right and you're wrong." Maybe there are some douchebags that do, but I haven't been one of them. People are free to express their opinions, just let it go. If you don't like someone else's opinion, don't tell them to shut up.

Good choice! I was also planning on doing last week's riff, but I haven't touched my guitar in 5 days cuz I've been so busy with school :( I'll try my best to make a submission for this one as well, altho it may come a bit late.

Well, I hope to hear everyone's submissions!

And @Mystique and Children of COB: Quit arguing, or I'll er.. Kick your asses? I dunno?

I haven't posted in this thread in a while but here's a few bits. I'll try to get everyone's most recent stuff uploaded later if I remember.

Mitch ROTW 22 - Sixpounder [Intro]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv3iUbvvyFk]Mitch ROTW 23 - Black Widow [Full video cover][/ame]

I will record it again with audio with marfal's awesome backing tracks, thanks dude.

Arcane, Bodom Beach Terror was really cool. I don't even think I will attempt it 'cause I know I won't be able to play it that well.

Nice ones Warheart, keep up the good playing. I like how some of your recordings are sometimes so note-to-note identical to the real songs. And I think you should do BBT anyway :D With a bit of practice I'm sure you will nail it.

I haven't posted in this thread in a while but here's a few bits. I'll try to get everyone's most recent stuff uploaded later if I remember.

Mitch ROTW 22 - Sixpounder [Intro]
Mitch ROTW 23 - Black Widow [Full video cover]

I will record it again with audio with marfal's awesome backing tracks, thanks dude.

Arcane, Bodom Beach Terror was really cool. I don't even think I will attempt it 'cause I know I won't be able to play it that well.
damn dude, that last part in Black Widow was insane! well done.