Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^Seriously dude, you made me go like WTF?????? What has happened here? I want the original Mitch back! :lol: Anyway, you know what to do with that piece of shit that you say when you get your RR1 :lol:

The real take is fucking awesome as always dude, :kickass: job.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh fuck, I've wanted to do that in a while but I kept forgetting, haha!!!

That's not my real submission, although my real one isn't much better...:lol:
It's a tough riff and this shitty guitar made anything I played sound like a complete piece of shit, so I had to increase the gain a bit and I fucking hate it!

I can't wait for my new RR to get here, it'll sound so much better.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e6ue9o

LOL that BLACKWIDOW !!!! Intro is fucking Awsome

you sound like Alexi playing Guitar in Coma or something :p

well Sell me the Piece of Crap than :rofl::lol:

^Maybe I don't need one, but still was shitload of fun and I'm going to miss live gigs until I find new members :erk: But anyway, better to stop things when they're not working aye?

Thanks to everyone anyway, support is never bad in this situations :)

And to get goint with the thread, here's some stuff for you people to enjoy (or not :lol:):

ROTW 23 - Black Widow - intro
ROTW 23 Advanced - Black Widow - Melody

BTW, I found the intro more difficult than the melody :lol:

And as I promissed some time ago, some Kylähullut for you people. Sorry for the sound, it went a lil' bit too loud and cracks a bit, so turn your speakers down a bit:

Kylähullut -Kääpiot solo
yeah, I think it's best that you guys broke up now rather than later on. Saves you time and energy.

Good job on the black widow entries, I can tell you like the melody better because it was played better than the intro. And your Kylahullut solo was nice and cleeean.

:lol: ok, seriously, were you testing something out? what exactly were you doing for that recording? I wanna know :heh:

Good playing on all those ROTW guys!

Now a question: We all know that Alexi always makes those crazy custom Alexi squirrils and now I want to know how the fuck he do those ones like in this vid at 4:13
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHyweJJYKk&feature=related[/ame]
First he plays the string clean and then he makes it sound dirty and I don't know how. I thought he's playing 2 or more strings but he didn't. He can do it with nearly every string on every fret and I've tried it about thousand times but it always sounds crappy.

Thanks for teh lols on my BW intro. :kickass:!

And Arcane, I've done that a few times before. He's actually just picking the string so hard and close to the bridge that the string makes the trem moves and makes a slight "flutter". I don't think I could do it whenever I wanted to but it's happened a few times and you don't need to use the bar for it, of course.

Dare I say that his playing there is a bit sloppy?
Maybe a bad setup too. And interesting squealy things.

It's a lot more simple than that.

• I play the orignal song with Windows Media Player or Cool Edit Pro (import it in).

• I play over it with the PX4 turned on and make sure all the volumes are ok and the tone is good.

• Then I just open Windows Movie Maker, select "Capture Video", and then for "Audio Device", I select my soundcard, which records the PX4 sound (line in) instead of capturing what the mic on the cam hears.

• For "Audio Input Source", I choose "What U Hear", so then when I click record and play the mp3 with WMP or CEP, it records the video AND me playing through line in AND the orignal song, because it's set to record ANY audio that it hears, including error messages on your computer or something like MSN alerts.

This is how I record all my videos and it's how you get the best sound. If you need any addition help, I'll give my best.

Oh, and you're using a webcam for that? I have a digital camera and I don't think it woüld work that way.

mmh... I will record new vids for YouTube but I will record all my next vids with 2 or 3 guitars (2 rythm,lead) like Tim did in a few vids. So can I do it the same way like you? I ask cause I don't know if I can only record what I play and cut the Bt or whatever or if I can make only vids like you. If I can't cut the BT and insert it later, I can't upload vids on youtube cause then it won't sound good when I pan the two vids cause I think that it will sound like I have a delay in it...

Or is it easier to record every track with my digicam and plug my cable into my soundcard, record it with my laptop and try to sync the video and audio at the end? I haven't ever worked with Movie Maker or sth. so is it easy to bring two or more vids into one video or should I use another program for it?

@Arcane: WOW! The rythm tone is so fucking close to the original! I even thought that you had recorded it over the original song at first. And the lead was fucking great dude. Really nice recording! :kickass:

yeah, I think it's best that you guys broke up now rather than later on. Saves you time and energy.

Good job on the black widow entries, I can tell you like the melody better because it was played better than the intro. And your Kylahullut solo was nice and cleeean.

Thanks, but actually the reason why the melody is played better is because it's easier than the riff. It's quite tricky to nail the timing and playing on the intro. Give it a shot and you'll see. And the Kaapiot solo well, I've played it so many times just for fun that I decided to record it, just that I fucked up the levels and it sounds reaaaaaally dirty :lol:

And about the band, yeah, it's better to split now. And actually I've already gotten myself a new drummer, so it's not that bad :lol: I'll post some pics from the last gig on the GPs thread later on, there are some cool ones :)

Val - ROTW # 22 Sixpounder Solo

I've tried another amp setting for this record. Amp Model is Crunch with a bit reverb, MM04 full.

Hey dude :D

it sounds very awesome

very good playing

but what i have to say is that the Solo Sound is very Duff /muddy

like your playing a Neck pickup :rofl:

can you try to play the Solo with a little Sharper Brighter Tone ,im intrested in how that would sound :rofl:

@Arcane: WOW! The rythm tone is so fucking close to the original! I even thought that you had recorded it over the original song at first. And the lead was fucking great dude. Really nice recording! :kickass:

That is the original. It's the Rockhouse DVD backing track, minus lead guitars.

But Arcane, very good playing! I noticed the first arpeggio was perfect, but as it went on, you kinda lost your timing and it fell behind the beat a tiny bit, but overall great submission!