Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Recording of the Week - Bed of Razorz (Bars 5 - 25)

Recording of the Week (Endurance) - Bed of Razorz (Bars 5 - 67)

*Advanced* - Bed of Razorz (Solo - Bars 86 - 98)

!*RECORDING OF THE WEEK SPECIAL*! - Bed of Razorz (Improvised Solo - Bars 106 - 113)

Now how's about that for a ROTW and a half?!

Also, this weeks is dedicated to Mystiques youtube video!

ALSO I'll be changing the layout of the front page. As I left it a few months it's become outdated, plus apparently sendspace links run out! SO I'll just be keeping a list of contributors names, and perhaps some videos!

And I expect A LOT of entries to this one!

Rock the fuck on people!

Yeah I'm pretty sure a lot of people will contribute this week, BoR is a very popularly played bodom song!

Thank you for the dedication Tim :oops:
I guess I'll be the first for this week:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice vid Mystique. Maybe you could put in some slight bending or vibrato, for instance in the lead from 0:23.

And does anyone have a correct tab for this, with the correct bars and stuff?

Mystique, that's a pretty clean cover, good job!

However, like Flappy said, I think vibrato will add a lot of color to your sound and will make you sound a lot more like bodom, since alexi uses a lot of vibrato.

Thanks for the advice guys :) And I always think I'm doing vibrato where it's needed, but I guess it's really weak. this may be a stupid question but what's the best way to practice your vibrato?

and here, I think this tab is pretty good http://www.sendspace.com/file/xa81r9. I would personally change the fingerings for the intro so it plays like this:

E--7-------------6--------------7------------7-10-8-7-------
B----8-7----7-8-----8-7----7-8----8-7-8-10-----------10-8-7- and so on
G---------9--------------9-----------

Woop, nicely done! But to assert your authority (and to annoy Jose) you have to say..

FIRST!

And does anyone have a correct tab for this, with the correct bars and stuff?

I got it from UG! It was version 7 I think? The last one before the Power tab one!

The one and only Kissing the Shadows ! :headbang:
Finally someone :D
Very nice except for the "changing" part where you got faster to play the hard lick and the fret/string noise.

FUCK !

Thanks dude!

Week 16 was Are You Dead Yet? [Intro & Chorus Melody]

I tried it but I hate that song and I don't know it well so I kept fucking it up.

That's an awesome pic, Jose.

Really? You hate AYDY? I think it's a pretty easy one, I'll see if I get the guitar down to drop C and record that one.

And thanks about the pic :kickass: That one is from my band's last live performance (at least until I find new members), and I'll post some more of them in the GP's thread or in the own pictures when I've uploaded them.

Both this one and BW are amazing! And your tone fucking rocks!

Recording of the Week - Bed of Razorz (Bars 5 - 25)

Recording of the Week (Endurance) - Bed of Razorz (Bars 5 - 67)

*Advanced* - Bed of Razorz (Solo - Bars 86 - 98)

!*RECORDING OF THE WEEK SPECIAL*! - Bed of Razorz (Improvised Solo - Bars 106 - 113)

Now how's about that for a ROTW and a half?!

Also, this weeks is dedicated to Mystiques youtube video!

ALSO I'll be changing the layout of the front page. As I left it a few months it's become outdated, plus apparently sendspace links run out! SO I'll just be keeping a list of contributors names, and perhaps some videos!

And I expect A LOT of entries to this one!

Rock the fuck on people!

:lol: Nice one this week, and such a huge amount of options :lol: I'll have to see what I do this time.

I'll make BTs tomorrow, and I probably record it tomorrow evening.

:kickass:

Yeah I'm pretty sure a lot of people will contribute this week, BoR is a very popularly played bodom song!

That was pretty good! BTW, are you down-picking the rythm stuff all the time?

Thanks for the advice guys :) And I always think I'm doing vibrato where it's needed, but I guess it's really weak. this may be a stupid question but what's the best way to practice your vibrato?

and here, I think this tab is pretty good http://www.sendspace.com/file/xa81r9. I would personally change the fingerings for the intro so it plays like this:

E--7-------------6--------------7------------7-10-8-7-------
B----8-7----7-8-----8-7----7-8----8-7-8-10-----------10-8-7- and so on
G---------9--------------9-----------

That's way harder than the other way for me :ill:

Woop, nicely done! But to assert your authority (and to annoy Jose) you have to say..

FIRST!

:lol: Fuck, I'm getting really slow lately!

Cool!

:lol: sleeper already told me about that :lol: It's just that when I read things that I'd like to reply I don't want to stop replying only because there are 10 posts after that one except when the matter is already solved/clear/whatever :lol: