Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^You're right it's really funny to play, and when you pay it as tight as you it's even cooler. Really nice recording!

:lol: Good luck on playing the rythms like that for half an hour :lol: I rarely like the recordings until the first half an hour of trying when I record, that's why I hadrly ever record stuff with only down-picking except if the riff actually needs it. Congrats to you if you can though :kickass:

^You're right it's really funny to play, and when you pay it as tight as you it's even cooler. Really nice recording!

:lol: Good luck on playing the rythms like that for half an hour :lol: I rarely like the recordings until the first half an hour of trying when I record, that's why I hadrly ever record stuff with only down-picking except if the riff actually needs it. Congrats to you if you can though :kickass:
but how else would you play power chords if you don't down pick them? I mean you can't really alternate pick them :lol:

Little Sinergy riff I recorded

Passage to the Fourth World
dude that tone was pretty awesome! and there's so much Jesper in that riff :D I love it.

really? It feels so weird when I do that. I read somewhere (or was it Mitch who advised me a long time ago) that learning how to downpick really fast for rhythm is a good thing to learn. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Really fucked up this one this morning ... going to redo it maybe.
I recorded with a to fuzzy sound on the cab simulation and ended up trying to make it sound good with an EQ ... :loco:

The actual Bed of Razors Melody is played so bad that i left it in the background. :D
I would call it "beta" version.

How would it be if everybody marks his recordings with yellow/red whatever so you can easily find them on first view ?

Bed of Razors (Intro)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hkckj3

And if someone wants to play the lead better than i did or thinks his rythm tone sucks, heres a backingtrack version (Rythm Guitars):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2vgnfv

really? It feels so weird when I do that. I read somewhere (or was it Mitch who advised me a long time ago) that learning how to downpick really fast for rhythm is a good thing to learn. Maybe I'm wrong tho.
It is a good thing to learn, since for some riffs it sounds simply way more brutal to downpick it all. With Bed of Razors that's not really the case I think, but for instance with the intro riff of Hate Crew Deathroll it sounds way better imo.
For learning good downpicking you should learn the intro of Metallica's Master of Puppets, and pick it down all the way :p

And nice recording Zirkonflex =) It could be a bit more smooth, but that's just practice.
And thanks for that rythm BT, I think I'll use it since my rythm tone sucks.

I dont really know what I have to think about those videos.
I often have the feeling that they didnt not really want do to this ... look at those Gauchos/Guchos whatever on YT.
They are definatley not there because they have fun. :Smug:

But your video is different, pretty cool though. :D

Das ist ein band von Argentinia mit 3 kleine jungens :')
Ohja, sie spielen metal. Und gut.

Was that good german? :p
Check his solo at 2:24 :zombie:

Last edited by a moderator: