Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^:lol:

I liked the AYDY one Jose, allthough it sounds like it is a bit far away if you know what I mean :rofl: Like there was a blanket in front of the mic (not that you're using a one).
You could do better on the rest with some more practice.

I fucked up with the chorus and the reverb, hence the ''distant'' sound of the lead guitar :lol: Blooddrunk and PMIB definitely need a re-record one day, but Sixpounder wasn't that bad, wasn't it?

Hey! Sorry, I've been away all weekend!

This weeks ROTW is as follows!

Recording of the Week - Chokehold (Cocked N Loaded) (Bars 1 - 32)

*Advanced* - Chokehold (Cocked N Loaded) (First Solo - Bars 72 - 81 (Ben Johnson Version) or Solo Tab)

What's wrong with Chockehold? I've always seen it as a kinda weird song, but I definitely like it, and the solo is indeed cool. But the first riff is a bitch to nail :( Anyway, we'll try. Jus re-stringed, so I should be able to get cool sounds now that the 2 months old rusty strings are gone :lol:

The Phenom sent me his presets :p
We both use a Toneport and Gearbox software.

I think your tone is pretty cool, allthough it often has that "distant" thingy. I you could get rid of that, it would be nice. And no need to get a Toneport then :p

Well I'm going to get some sleep now, g'night!

I'll try to get rid of it. Is it in all of the tracks or only on the lead tracks? Because if it's on the lead tracks then it's the reverb and the chorus, but if it's in all the tracks then I don't know what happens because the rythm tracks are raw. I do nothing to them besides playing and recording.

I just listened to your Black Widow recording and that one actually doesn't really have the distant sound. It was probably just a one (or couple) time thing :)

Try removing the reverb +/or chorus and see how it sounds.

Too much reverb can really easily make something sound far away or distant.

Nice one Arcane! Well played and cool tone :kickass:

I just listened to your Black Widow recording and that one actually doesn't really have the distant sound. It was probably just a one (or couple) time thing :)

Then it must be the reverb and the chorus. I'll try and get rid of them for my next recording and see how it goes. Check my 2nd Downfall recording and tell me what do you think of that tone. I think that one was pretty cool.

Try removing the reverb +/or chorus and see how it sounds.

Too much reverb can really easily make something sound far away or distant.

Yeah, that must be it.

Yea dude that is a pretty nice tone. And a nice recording too! :p
Except for a bend which could have been better it's really good. Better than for instance the Blooddrunk or Punch Me I Bleed ones you posted yesterday.