Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I found this VERY old recording of me playing Lake Bodom intro.

I think it's something like 2-3 years old and it really sounds pretty much like crap. :lol:

I apparently used my shitty amp to record because the tone (and overall sound quality) is awful.

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy! :lol:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zmm65g

I don't see how that's a shitty recording Epi. To me it sounds very good. :)
Well done.

:lol: Epi, you and Mitch are the same. ''Oh well this recording sucks and the tone is shit but anyways here you go'' and then they're always brilliant (or atleast way over what any other of us gets, :lol:). Really cool recording, but bake bodom?? :lol:

:lol: Epi, you and Mitch are the same. ''Oh well this recording sucks and the tone is shit but anyways here you go'' and then they're always brilliant (or atleast way over what any other of us gets, :lol:). Really cool recording, but bake bodom?? :lol:
Bake Lodom :lol:

:lol: I didn't see that in the first moment :lol:

Ok this evening I'm going to my real place (I'm in a sort of ''holidays'' and I only have the family laptop in here) and I'll spend there the evening, so hopefully I'll get some recordings done there where I have all the stuff working (or at least it was before I left :lol:).

Ok my evening wasn't as good as I hoped but I got to do 2 things, one new and one old:

OLD: I was never happy with the original (kinda off time towards the end and that stuff), so...
ROTW 7 - Downfall solo (advanced part) take 2
I made it a bit longer and finished the song because I love the melody at the end, enjoy!

NEW: Ok, the solo has defeated me, so only intro lead for...
ROTW 17 - Deadnight Warrior intro
It's taken me a whole fucking week to get that intro down, and still could be better, but I think this one is decent enough to post.

And Mitch and Arcane: I'm going to use both of your BTs for the WNGF solo, but it's going to take me a bit longer to record it than what I thought.

Thanks! First run in the DW intro could be clearer as well as some notes in the actual intro lead, but I'm quite happy about it considering that a week ago I couldn't go faster than 50% of speed with it, :lol:

anyone remember what ROTW 13 was? I know the advanced part was the Rebel Yell solo, but what about the normal part? (sorry, i'm too lazy to go back thru the pages and check)

Yup. What I recorded is how far you've gotta go:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=844658&songID=6807406

And no one has done the AYDY intro. I might do it today, since I'm not working.

And here's a full SINERGY MIDNIGHT MADNESS backing track, no bass.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8vgvqa

And here's me playing over the first half:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/att9o0
I just love the transition from the acoustic part to that kick ass heavy riff :kickass:
And nice Midnight Madness recording :)

I sanyone here with Windows fucking Vista? I've bought a new Notebook but now I have the problem that I can't record sth. when I go directly into my soundcard cause I can't hear anything when I plug my cable in it. I can record stuff with f.ex. adobe audition but can't hear me playing and when I press play after recording it sounds totally crap cause all you can hear is big noise... Anyone here who can help?

I do have Vista and I have the same problem, that's why my recordings aren't coming as usually as I used to, because I have to go back to my place where I have another computer with XP where I can record normally. If anyone has the solution for Vista recording it'll me much appreciated.

shit, I have vista, and I remember encountering the same problem...but I've forgoten how I fixed it...I figured out how to record on my new laptop before my accident, so it could be my memory on how I did it is just completely gone. sorry guys...if it comes back to me, I'll def. let you know.

YAY! I finally got a cam! Well here's a first vid, feedback would be nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of recording problems, I'm having an issue where when I record audio, the recorded audio is sped up from how it was really recorded. I'm on XP, and I tried recording using different programs (audacity, then also tried sony acid). I'm playing along with another audio track, and when I listen to it afterwards the audio is always sped up and faster than the audio track i'm playing along with.

I tried watching the waveform while I record, and everything looks fine, and then in audacity as sooon as i press stop the waveform gets shrunk in size, which makes it faster. I have no idea why it's doing this. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Btw Crzy_Aus that violin cover is sick, I've never seen a violin cover of cob before. those fast runs sound really good.