Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I dunno how you're playing it, but this is how I played it:

4jt000.jpg

n18gwm.jpg

And to Mystique & Flappy:

I uploaded all your recent recordings to the soundclick page.

RIFF OF THE WEEK SOUNDCLICK

C'mon people, let's get some more action going on in here!!!
Thanks for adding the recordings Mitch!
And that's the way I play the DNW intro too yea.
Maybe I can get the PMIB solo done tomorrow but I'm not sure, if not it wil probably be in the weekend since I'm away from tuesday 'till friday.

Is it just me...or do the drums sound different??? It sounds like someone programmed the same drums and played them over the backing tracks, to emphasize the snare sound.

Oh hey Mitch, can you upload or send me the BT you used for The Bitch is Back? Already sent you a PM but I'm not sure if you saw it :p

Nice one man. Want it on the soundclick or should I wait for your other version?

And I can't play that picking bit properly either. :lol:

Awesome!! Can't wait. :D

And thanks for the comment. ;)

Yeah, indeed. I added chorus to the lead so it clipped so bad. Turning up the volume didn't seem to do anything. Oh well.

And the only BT I have is in D (from Epi) so I just used that. I don't think it matters...

The "staccato" is just because I had the gain so low. This guitar sounds really weird and I needed it that low for it to sound good. And yes, read above regarding 00:37.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if PMIB counted. I'll record mine tonight.

:lol: WTF!!! It's not an easy sweep at that speed, and those picking things aren't exactly easy either. At least in my opinion. I'll wait until Tim chooses that as an advanced part one week...

4jt000.jpg

n18gwm.jpg

And to Mystique & Flappy:

I uploaded all your recent recordings to the soundclick page.

RIFF OF THE WEEK SOUNDCLICK

lol dude, that font scared me as I scrolled down from studying the tab :lol: Thank you though.

And I don't think I can handle the DW intro...especially after the way Jose's been talking about it :lol: It'd be hard for me to keep those triplets clean at 218bmp.

@Arcane: thanks for that whammy explanation...although when I do that on my guitar, it makes a different effect, so maybe you really do need to have a floyd to do that, which is kinda weird...

Oh hey Mitch, can you upload or send me the BT you used for The Bitch is Back? Already sent you a PM but I'm not sure if you saw it :p

I can do it, sure.

The keys are also different in some parts I think. Maybe they re-record all those BT only for the DVDs...don't know.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It sounds like alot of work for the whole band, just for Alexi's DVD, which probably only took a day or two. Who knows!

I can do it, sure.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It sounds like alot of work for the whole band, just for Alexi's DVD, which probably only took a day or two. Who knows!

I really doubt they did that...I saw that interview with Hennka and he seemed to know almost nothing about the instructional dvd, and he would've mentioned if they actually had to record some stuff for it.

I really doubt they did that...I saw that interview with Hennka and he seemed to know almost nothing about the instructional dvd, and he would've mentioned if they actually had to record some stuff for it.

Yeah exactly. I think adding fake drums and keys over them is the best thing to assume.

And here's that BT. I cut it to the solos because I actually had to pay alot of money for this, plus the book...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/69s19n

No problem!

And the recording was very good! Not bad for someone whos claims to not be able to play fast. You did well for a solo that is very difficult. I had to record it in parts again because I couldn't handle it all in one go.

And here's my submission for week 17: Punch Me I Bleed Solo:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a16dqr

It's not perfect but my arm was aching after doing those high bends for ages so it got harder to play as I played it more and more. :erk:

Thanks so much dude. :kickass:
I owe you one :)

EDIT:

- Week 6: The Bitch is Back 1st solo + interlude
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=864597&songID=6856186

Advice is very welcome :)
very cool! it was nice and clean :) harmonies sounded great.
No problem!

And the recording was very good! Not bad for someone whos claims to not be able to play fast. You did well for a solo that is very difficult. I had to record it in parts again because I couldn't handle it all in one go.

It's not perfect but my arm was aching after doing those high bends for ages so it got harder to play as I played it more and more. :erk:

I almost feel like it's useless commenting on your submissions now :lol:

No problem!

It kind of shows, but it's still very good! Way better than I can do :lol:.

Hmm I think I play a different version than you do, since I haven't come across any 12-12-12 sweeps. Those would indeed make it quite harder to play :p
I play the Tokyo Warhearts version from the Tab thread.

The 12-12-12 sweeps are in the WNGF solo, ;)

I haven't any tabs here for WNGF atm but here's a short part of the BT

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4gj5bi

Thanks, but I think I'll just record the solo over the original song just to show you people how I get it and get some advice.

And the only BT I have is in D (from Epi) so I just used that. I don't think it matters...

:lol: WTF!!! It's not an easy sweep at that speed, and those picking things aren't exactly easy either. At least in my opinion. I'll wait until Tim chooses that as an advanced part one week...

4jt000.jpg

n18gwm.jpg

Ok ok I have the same BT.

:lol: IMO the sweep is not that hard (I mean is the typical Alexi Laiho sweep, :lol:), and dunno why but I can get then picking quite good, or at least that's what it seems when I play. I hope it doesn't sound like shit when I record, :lol:

I'm playing the DW intro lead the same way, and it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too harder than the WNGF solo for me, :lol:

And give me 2-3 days and I'll submit DW, PMIB and my try at the WNGF solo. What I think that will be a lack in my list is going to be Blooddrunk intro, :lol: Oh, and I might re-record Downfall solo to get the last part mroe in time and more accurate than the last time and because it's fun to play, :lol:

And I don't think I can handle the DW intro...especially after the way Jose's been talking about it :lol: It'd be hard for me to keep those triplets clean at 218bmp.

Don't pay attention to what I say, I just rant too much when i can't get the things at 100% speed, :lol: Mitch nailed it.

No problem!

:kickass:

No problem!

That sounds great! The punch me I bleed solo has always been my favorite from the are you dead yet album. As usual your tone sounds fantastic :)

My friend Gallowmere and I recorded Children Of Bodom, check it out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that was pretty nice, considering the short amount of time you guys have played for. and I love the fact that she holds her guitar in the classical position even tho it's not a V or X shape. rock on guys :headbang: