Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

┼Victim of the Night┼;7783333 said:
I didn't see this... very nice playing, Mitch. :)

Thank you. :)

You have seen the video before, because it's the one I did a while ago, but the audio one was new, I only made it for this thread.

I'm glad to know you enjoyed it!

:ill: really? I thought maybe it's just the anxiety of not playing coming out in your dreams.
Yea, well for me at least. I always have it when I'm away on holiday and I'm not able to play for like 4 weeks. I really miss my dose of guitar every day then and I start playing guitar in my head and everything. If I walk down the street you can see my hands move because I'm playing guitar in my head :p
No joke.

But luckily last year was probably the last holiday with my parents so I won't have to miss my guitar for 4 weeks this year again =p

But with you, you are able to play the guitar =(
Well whatever, I don't know. I saw the new James Bond yesterday and it sucked a bit.

Yea, well for me at least. I always have it when I'm away on holiday and I'm not able to play for like 4 weeks. I really miss my dose of guitar every day then and I start playing guitar in my head and everything. If I walk down the street you can see my hands move because I'm playing guitar in my head :p
No joke.

But luckily last year was probably the last holiday with my parents so I won't have to miss my guitar for 4 weeks this year again =p

But with you, you are able to play the guitar =(
Well whatever, I don't know. I saw the new James Bond yesterday and it sucked a bit.

:lol: nice change of topic. I know what you mean tho. Actually when I listen to my iPod and I'm walking around on campus, my fingers start moving sometimes too, like I'm imagining how the song would be played, haha. And I was finally able to start playing again yesterday (altho earlier this year I had to go about 3 or 4 months without playing) and I noticed it hurts to play a little. I guess I lost the callouses on my fingers. Does this happen to you after 4 weeks of no play?

p.s. playing guitar in your head, like imagining your fingers doing the actual movements, will help your playing in real life. mental power ftw.

p.s. playing guitar in your head, like imagining your fingers doing the actual movements, will help your playing in real life. mental power ftw.

I actually think that works! Whenever I get stuck on something, I just think "I can do this, it's not that hard!" and then after a little while I can get it :D

Also, that lump on my hand is still there :mad: The doctor still hasn't got back to me about it.. Son of a bitch!

:lol: nice change of topic. I know what you mean tho. Actually when I listen to my iPod and I'm walking around on campus, my fingers start moving sometimes too, like I'm imagining how the song would be played, haha. And I was finally able to start playing again yesterday (altho earlier this year I had to go about 3 or 4 months without playing) and I noticed it hurts to play a little. I guess I lost the callouses on my fingers. Does this happen to you after 4 weeks of no play?

Yea when I play after 4 weeks of no play it hurts like hell. Also it sounds like hell, which I hate because I have to play for like 1 month to get at my normal skill level again.
But ah well, I guess if it hurts a lot it's a good sign, since it means that you play a lot normally. For me at least =)

That sounds familiar to me :lol: Crossing a big campus until you get to class can get pretty boring, but not if you're trying to figure out stuff in yout mind hehe.

About hurting when I play, well, my last long break from guitar playing was 4-6 weeks when I injuried my shoulder, and it kinda hurted but the worst thing was that my playing was soooooo below my standart and it took me A LOT to bring it back.

I actually think that works! Whenever I get stuck on something, I just think "I can do this, it's not that hard!" and then after a little while I can get it :D

Also, that lump on my hand is still there :mad: The doctor still hasn't got back to me about it.. Son of a bitch!

Sorry to hear about that lump Tim! Stab that doctor and get a new one :lol:

aw man, are you serious?! how are you able to play with it still there? I would think it hurts for you to play....

Yea when I play after 4 weeks of no play it hurts like hell. Also it sounds like hell, which I hate because I have to play for like 1 month to get at my normal skill level again.
But ah well, I guess if it hurts a lot it's a good sign, since it means that you play a lot normally. For me at least =)
hmm...I thought the opposite. If it hurts that's a bad sign cuz you haven't built up the callouses on your fingers enough, which means you don't really practice a lot. Like if you play a lot, then your fingertips should stay rough for quite a while, so it shouldn't hurt after a lapse of playing. But I don't know. Just an observation.

That sounds familiar to me :lol: Crossing a big campus until you get to class can get pretty boring, but not if you're trying to figure out stuff in yout mind hehe.

About hurting when I play, well, my last long break from guitar playing was 4-6 weeks when I injuried my shoulder, and it kinda hurted but the worst thing was that my playing was soooooo below my standart and it took me A LOT to bring it back.
yeah, I know what you mean :( we had our injuries at the same time. it felt horrible not being able to play and then listening to bodom and admiring Alexi so much but not being able to practice.

Thanks for the concern Jose and Mystique! To be honest it doesn't hurt much any more, I've got used to it! Hehe! Still, it's a bit inconvenient! And I get what you mean Mystique, about Alexi with his shoulder! That man is a beast!! :D

Recording of the Week - Hate Crew Deathroll (Intro - Bars 1 - 11 - UG Tab)

*Advanced* - Hate Crew Deathroll (Chorus Melody - Bars 70 - 87)

PLEASE NOTE: The intro part has repeats in the tab, which is why it only says bars 1 - 11!

Good choice Tim!

Sounds well played now, but I say get a new battery and it'll be amazing.

It is indeed, and soooooo tricky to play and sing at the same time :lol:
Damn I always thought he played the rythm at that part but I just saw on youtube he actually does lead and singing at the same time =\
I envy him so much for that.

It's not so difficult to play leads and sing at the same time as long all notes got the same speed. It's only hard when you play another speed instead of what you sing or when you play in another melody. The HCDR isn't so hard. Yesterday I've tried the first time playing and singing Nothing ELse Matters and it's pretty easy. Ah, don't know. Some songs work and some not. :)

And thx for the comments! Maybe I have the time to buy a new battery tomorrow and record the leads again.