Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

what programs do you guys actually use for editing? or dont u use any? ;)
you got some really nice covers here btw^^

Arcane, Steve, Tim(don't know if I forgot someone), could you guys point out again what I needed to make backing tracks off, things got a little complicated:D.
Also, if there was something not by Children Of Bodom involved, or anything I can't find in tabthread, please send me the gp file again.
I'll probably work tomorrow on it.:)

I just recorded Sinergy's Gallowmere intro so for anyone who's interested:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7037052
It might be a little different than the tab :p

^I use Reaper for recordings.

Nice, though I think the melody part that starts with the pickup to bar 21 sounds a lot better palm muted like on the recording.

Though I've changed my opinion on that quite a few times, so I haven't even made up my mind and I'm giving advice on it... lol

Nice, though I think the melody part that starts with the pickup to bar 21 sounds a lot better palm muted like on the recording.

Though I've changed my opinion on that quite a few times, so I haven't even made up my mind and I'm giving advice on it... lol
You are totally right. Great that you bring this into discussion, cause I noticed it too. I had an earlier recording which wasn't palmmuted at all. This one is actually, but maybe not too much. I think it might also have to with that I recorded 4 guitars for that part, which might take the palmmute effect away a bit. I might try one again and palmmute it way more :D

^Hell yes!!! I've been waiting for that one, I fucking love TDE, and that intro is so cool!

Well, I don't care if other ppl like my tone or not in my recordings as long as it sounds great when I play at home/rehearsal place/live/ whatever...

It's not that I care if people likes my tone, it's just that I like others tone better than mine so I want to geta better one.

I just recorded Sinergy's Gallowmere intro so for anyone who's interested:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7037052
It might be a little different than the tab :p

^I use Reaper for recordings.

Really cool recording of Gallowmere! :kickass:

Tim, you've done it again...this intro is a very silly one because it's very difficult. There's not even an alternative riff for people that don't wanna do the intro. You've got to think of parts of the song that are a bit easier, and then maybe put the intro as the 2nd level.

Afterall, this is the Riff of the week, not crazysweeppickinglicksthatnoonecanplay :p.

Ok, here's my YouTube Vid of it. But it's a crappy audio quality and it'S partly sloppy, but FIRST! :) I will do it again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, you've done it again...this intro is a very silly one because it's very difficult. There's not even an alternative riff for people that don't wanna do the intro. You've got to think of parts of the song that are a bit easier, and then maybe put the intro as the 2nd level.

Afterall, this is the Riff of the week, not crazysweeppickinglicksthatnoonecanplay :p.

Hmm.. True.. I know exactly what to do..

*Changes name to crazysweeppickinglicksthatnoonecanplay of the week*

Haha :D I'll put in an alternative riff though, I know just the one! :)