Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Changed it now! I think the problem was that there aren't any notable riffs in this song, it's pretty much entirely melody, if you get me!

I know exactly what you mean, yes. A cool part also would be the outro!

But I recorded an audio earlier, it's kinda shit and I tried different "mixing" again. Blah.

Audio:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/echdbu

Video:
[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FiC5Q0njpxg[/ame]

^Nicely played! :kickass:

Ok, be ready to get your ears beeding :lol: I tried Hatebreeder solos and then TDE intro and I kind of screwed it up, specially TDE intro. Tell me what you think, both about the recordings and the tone. Flappy, is still that ''distance'' thing in there now? :lol:

Hatebreeder solos

Towards Dead End intro

Both have improvised parts because there were things that I couldn't learn properly or remeber and play them full speed.

Tim, you've done it again...this intro is a very silly one because it's very difficult. There's not even an alternative riff for people that don't wanna do the intro. You've got to think of parts of the song that are a bit easier, and then maybe put the intro as the 2nd level.

Afterall, this is the Riff of the week, not crazysweeppickinglicksthatnoonecanplay :p.

Agreed, it's driving me nuts, and my contribution sucks balls this weel :erk:

Ok, here's my YouTube Vid of it. But it's a crappy audio quality and it'S partly sloppy, but FIRST! :) I will do it again tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrbzF5bQ13s

Nice playing!

I know exactly what you mean, yes. A cool part also would be the outro!

But I recorded an audio earlier, it's kinda shit and I tried different "mixing" again. Blah.

Audio:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/echdbu

Video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FiC5Q0njpxg

Both really cool man. Sweet playing and tone as always :kickass: I like how in the vid you kind of follow the melodic line instead of playing everything note per note after the sweeps.

Cool tone and playing, although there's something weird with the begining, like if it was not the exact chord or something. And big :lol: at the own/original transitio :lol:

Nice one Marfal.
And nice ones Jose, allthough too bad that you had to improvise on the Hatebreeder solo's pretty much :p
And yea the distance is back again, especially in TDE intro =(

Awesome recordings, guys! I'll update the soundclick sometime soon.

Orb: I actually think the outro is pretty easy. It sounds great and is really fun to play! The only reason I didn't play that part on my vid is because I didn't practice before I recorded it so I had forgotten how to play it, so I messed it up and cut it short! :erk:

And I'm going to work on videos of Midnight Madness & Gallowmere, both including Laiho's solos. They're gonna be fuckin' difficult to play through all the way without mistakes, everyone pray for me. :lol:

Ok, be ready to get your ears beeding :lol: I tried Hatebreeder solos and then TDE intro and I kind of screwed it up, specially TDE intro. Tell me what you think, both about the recordings and the tone. Flappy, is still that ''distance'' thing in there now? :lol:

Hatebreeder solos

Towards Dead End intro
That wasn't bad at all, if you had spent some more time and practise in it you'd nail it totally.:kickass:

Cool tone and playing, although there's something weird with the begining, like if it was not the exact chord or something. And big :lol: at the own/original transitio :lol:

yea I wanted to do something different so I played once major/minor chords (like the rythem guitar during the hatebreeder solo's) and once regular power chords, but the regular was way too quiet so the major/minors were left.

Oh, and that was ME playing at the end!:mad::p

------------------------------

Because I love you guys:kickass::
Hatebreeder solo's all the way whoohoow

Nah honestly, this sucked:Smug:

I checked out the wrath within and your tone sounds sooo similar to the synth! altho there are a few parts that could use more practice, it was really nice overall.

Hatebreeder solos

Towards Dead End intro

I listened to the Towards Dead End intro, and your first set of sweeps were very good! btw, what ever happened to the tab of your solo :mad:

I haven't picked up my guitar for 2 weeks now and it feels hooorrible! 2 of my fingers got hurt pretty bad so I couldn't play properly. I even dreamt of playing last night :(

Haha, good old Marfal Laiho :p

I haven't picked up my guitar for 2 weeks now and it feels hooorrible! 2 of my fingers got hurt pretty bad so I couldn't play properly. I even dreamt of playing last night :(

Dang! I hate not playing! I was having some trouble with my right hand recently, like a kinda cramp in my middle and ring finger which hurt to play, but it's gone now :D

Nice one Marfal.
And nice ones Jose, allthough too bad that you had to improvise on the Hatebreeder solo's pretty much :p
And yea the distance is back again, especially in TDE intro =(

What?? :cry: I thought it was the chorus so I supressed it and I just left the track as it was recorded, with no chorus, and not even from the sound coming from the pedal. FUCK MY TONE! :lol:

About the improvisation it's just that I decided to throw some imp stuff instead of a crappy-ear destroyer version of the original solo hehe.

Awesome recordings, guys! I'll update the soundclick sometime soon.

Orb: I actually think the outro is pretty easy. It sounds great and is really fun to play! The only reason I didn't play that part on my vid is because I didn't practice before I recorded it so I had forgotten how to play it, so I messed it up and cut it short!:

And I'm going to work on videos of Midnight Madness & Gallowmere, both including Laiho's solos. They're gonna be fuckin' difficult to play through all the way without mistakes, everyone pray for me. :lol:

We will, don't worry :lol: And I agree about the outro thing.

That wasn't bad at all, if you had spent some more time and practise in it you'd nail it totally.:kickass:

yea I wanted to do something different so I played once major/minor chords (like the rythem guitar during the hatebreeder solo's) and once regular power chords, but the regular was way too quiet so the major/minors were left.

------------------------------

Because I love you guys:kickass::
Hatebreeder solo's all the way whoohoow

Nah honestly, this sucked:Smug:

About the practising, it may be, because i'm starting to realize that one of my worst habits is not practicing something more than an evening. I mean, except on T,L&S, where Arcane got me pissed with a ''if you can't play it don't record it'' kind of comment and I spent a whole week getting those melodies down (interwebz melodrama lulz :lol:), for all the other ROTWs it's been just sitting up ane vening, playing it 10-20 times and recording. Do you guys do it that way or do you spend more time practising the things?

Nice HB solo!

I listened to the Towards Dead End intro, and your first set of sweeps were very good! btw, what ever happened to the tab of your solo :mad:

I haven't picked up my guitar for 2 weeks now and it feels hooorrible! 2 of my fingers got hurt pretty bad so I couldn't play properly. I even dreamt of playing last night

Thanks about the TDE comment. I just wish I could play the original sweeps instead of ''fitting'' in Emin-shaped variations :lol:

About the tab, I just suck at tabbing. I've not been able to complete further than 2 bars in all this time, so if you don't mind I would rather record it myself or if you want you camn ask some of the good tabbers around to tab it for you, because I really suck at that. I'm sorry :(

And about the lack of playing, I feel your pain. I start feeling anxious after three days, so go figure :lol:

Dang! I hate not playing! I was having some trouble with my right hand recently, like a kinda cramp in my middle and ring finger which hurt to play, but it's gone now :D
You were also the one who had to have surgery for something on your hand right? I forgot exactly what that was, but how is that thing doing now? I hope it's completely gone.

That's a bad sign =(
:ill: really? I thought maybe it's just the anxiety of not playing coming out in your dreams.

Thanks about the TDE comment. I just wish I could play the original sweeps instead of ''fitting'' in Emin-shaped variations :lol:

About the tab, I just suck at tabbing. I've not been able to complete further than 2 bars in all this time, so if you don't mind I would rather record it myself or if you want you camn ask some of the good tabbers around to tab it for you, because I really suck at that. I'm sorry :(

And about the lack of playing, I feel your pain. I start feeling anxious after three days, so go figure :lol:
lol, it's ok then. I haven't heard from Fetzer in quite a while, so let's just hope this project is still on. I'll talk to you on msn.

When I record songs ChildrenOfCOB, I practise it a few times and after 30 minutes or sth. I record it, delete it, record it again, upload it, post it here then I'm annoyed about it cause it was too sloppy, play it much better but didn't record it again and be pissed because of that, play another song or Playstation.

And I can't remember this T,L&S comment...^^ When did I wrote it?

:lol:@ the Playstation bit. Cool to know that I'm not the only one. The only ''problem'' is that you're waaaaay out of my league playing wise, so if i work the same way as you do then my recordings will make people kill themselves, :lol: I supose that if you take 30 min I should take an hour and a half or so at least :lol:

And the T,L&S, well, it was ROTW 2 or something, so it was loooooooooooooong time ago, but don't worry, it wasn't anything really anoying or anything, just that I got pissed and I started trying and trying unti eventually I got it right :lol: