Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Nice job! Which ROTW is that Kissing the Shadows one? I think you should practice it just a bit more. it's nearly perfect but you seem to mess up a tiny bit at 17 seconds in. It's a hard one tho in terms of speed. well done :)

Thanks :) And yeah, I recorded it at midnight last night, after several attempts, so my arm was sore! So I'll re-do that melody later on :D And it was week 15 :)

Don't shave your balls when you're drunk. It hurts. Two times.

Who the fuck SHAVES his balls?

Use a damn scissor and trim that shit, man.

This forum just took a turn for the worst :|

Für Arcane:

Bodom Beach Terror BT

:D:D:D

And now the sidenotes,
The rarfile contains the whole thing + all tracks seperated, for adjusting volumes, panning, adding reverb, whatever in your DAW.
The pad soundfont might sound a bit weird, but I can't really hear how it is in the original file (how the hell did you tab that lol), if you really dislike it and want me to look for a better one, just ask, no problem to me.:)(This goes for the other soundfonts also)
That's about it. enjoy:headbang:

^That's what happens when someone doesn't read what the thread is about :lol:

Ok, here we go. I didn't know we had to do the melody with the guitar and the chorus is too much for me faster than 75% at least for now :lol: So here goes my easiest submission to this thread hehe. At least this time it's really accurate and I myself like the tone a lot, tell me what you people think!

Hate Crew Deathroll intro

Jose, I cry a little everytime you don't use one of my posts in your multiquotes :(

Don't worry, here you are :D

It's not so difficult to play leads and sing at the same time as long all notes got the same speed. It's only hard when you play another speed instead of what you sing or when you play in another melody. The HCDR isn't so hard. Yesterday I've tried the first time playing and singing Nothing ELse Matters and it's pretty easy. Ah, don't know. Some songs work and some not. :)

And thx for the comments! Maybe I have the time to buy a new battery tomorrow and record the leads again.

Ya yayayayayaoww! :D

Yea well I don't know how he does it, but I've never heard anyone sing in any way similar to Alexi. Maybe his singing should be described as very harsh clean. It's not a real scream I think. If I try it I get some really fucked up shit :rofl: So I can only do clean or screamy, in which I both suck =]

@Arcane: Yea I can like sing and play the first melody but when he goes up the neck and plays the lower one I can't do it together anymore.

You guys can play and sing that shit??? I can't even play it properly, so no thoughts on singing it :lol:

Yeah the second part in the 7th-10th fret is a really tricky one.

Really? I find trickier (to play) the first bit (the one that is repeated).

I just wish I could sing :( Hehe! Well, atleast, sing WELL!

Also, we're talking about how Alexi sings and plays over the top of the HCDR melody, why doesn't he play the HHOMT one while he sings?

Oh, and Jose.. FIRST :D http://www.sendspace.com/file/vsfnpy

Fuck you! Oh and BTW I didn't know we were supossed to record Janne's melody too :lol:

He also don't play the Downfall leads while he sings...

Oh everybody know Bruce Darnell?

Here's a pic with him and an Edwards Scythe

bruce-darnell-10833496-MBQF,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=227.jpg

Didn't know the dude :ill:

About Downfall, dunno you guys, but I can't sing and play that melody at the same time. I can play it and I can sing it if I play the rythm part, but I can't play the lead and sing.

New battery - new recording. Warheart Solo

Nice tone and playing dude!

Don't shave your balls when you're drunk. It hurts. Two times.

:lol: Why would you do that??

^Don't worry dude, shit happens :lol:

@Flappy: forgot to commento on your sumbission. Fucking brilliant dude! I loved it, really cooll playing and really nice tone! What are you using again if you don't mind?

so I finally started learning the Wrath Within melody at bar 113...and sheesh! this thing is harder than it sounds. I mean, it's not too bad after a few times of playing it, but what's giving me trouble right now is the pull off at the 19-17th fret on the high E.

neverminddd. I just realized I was doing something wrong XD

Jose, I love you :D Haha! And yeah, Jannes melody was just a last minute kinda "hey, that'd sound good!" And thanks for multiquoting me, TWICE! :D

And Mystique, I know which bit you mean, and it was a bitch for me too! I might re-record mine actually, because of that damn delay :mad:

And FridgePack, despite being in the wrong thread, your claims about SPSIMD and AH are true :)

@Flappy: forgot to commento on your sumbission. Fucking brilliant dude! I loved it, really cooll playing and really nice tone! What are you using again if you don't mind?
Gracias dude! I use a Line 6 Toneport UX2 with the Gearbox software for the tone and Reaper for recording.

And yours is verrryy good! The tone is awesome and there's no trace of the distance you sometimes have, thumbs up! :kickass:

Right, I've updated the Soundclick, here's the new additions:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=844658&content=music

25. Chokehold Solo - Marfal
26. Wrath Within Interlude - Jose
26. Wrath Within Interlude - Marfal
27. Hatebreeder Solos - Arcane
27. Hatebreeder Solos - Flappy
27. Hatebreeder Solos - Jose
28. Towards Dead End Intro - Mitch
28. Towards Dead End Intro - Jose
29. Hate Crew Deathroll Intro - Jose
29. Hate Crew Deathroll Intro - Tim Merrick
29. Hate Crew Deathroll Intro & Solo - Mitch

Marfal, I like your harmony ideas for the Chokehold solo! And that lil' tapping thing that Alexi sometimes does, it gave it more of a personal feel, and I respect that. :)

Jose, the Wrath Within interlude was great. Nothing that I can hear that needs work, good job.

Marfal, yours also was a great recording. I think maybe that central rhythm guitar might have needed shifting over to one side 'cuz it kinda occupies the middle space too much, imo.

Arcane, very nice work on the solos. Maybe you shouldn't use crappy GP as your backing track though! :p

Flappy, I really liked the sound of the rhythm guitars. It gave it a really cool atmosphere, similar to the original for some reason.

Jose, that rhythm thing you did in the intro before starting the riff was fucking great!! :kickass: I know it was only a dead string scratch, but it really fit well.

Mitch, that sucked.

Jose, really great stuff. Although I think there were a few wrong arpeggios. The second should be an Amin in root position, sounded like you were hitting a different high note but apart from that, good stuff.

Jose, the rhythm tone in HCDR really rocked hard dude. Tight ass playing too!

Tim, cool idea to do the intro melody! And I recognise the Beatcraft snare, ahhh! :D

Mitch, ok ok I'll admit, I cannot play the chorus melody because I've never learnt it, and for playing it for 15mins, it's pretty tricky when you're alternate picking it and trying to remember loads of different things, soooo I just recorded the solo instead. :lol:

I think the Advanced part should be the solo, and the Insane bit should be the chorus. :lol:

Dude, your HCDR solo was perfect. You should only try to trill or however its called this whammyslidehammeronpulloffuptobar22 thing! That would make it sounds awesome. Hard to beat this but I will try to record the full song today!

Oh and plz remove my Hatebreeder solo from the soundclick page, cause you'Re right. The gp midi is crap and I will record it with the BT again.