Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Jose, I love you Haha! And yeah, Jannes melody was just a last minute kinda "hey, that'd sound good!" And thanks for multiquoting me, TWICE! :D

You're right, it sounded good! And you're wellcome, multiquoting seems to have become my trademark in here, so I won't let you down :lol:

Gracias dude! I use a Line 6 Toneport UX2 with the Gearbox software for the tone and Reaper for recording.

And yours is verrryy good! The tone is awesome and there's no trace of the distance you sometimes have, thumbs up! :kickass:

Thanks a lot! My tone may be changing a bit in a week or so as I FINALLY got a J50BC (thanks Nazgul!) and I'm going to try and get it installed this week :kickass: We'll see what happens.

Agreed! Nice job Jose!

Thanks! (double multiquote again, you must be happy :lol:)

Right, I've updated the Soundclick, here's the new additions:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=844658&content=music

25. Chokehold Solo - Marfal
26. Wrath Within Interlude - Jose
26. Wrath Within Interlude - Marfal
27. Hatebreeder Solos - Arcane
27. Hatebreeder Solos - Flappy
27. Hatebreeder Solos - Jose
28. Towards Dead End Intro - Mitch
28. Towards Dead End Intro - Jose
29. Hate Crew Deathroll Intro - Jose
29. Hate Crew Deathroll Intro - Tim Merrick
29. Hate Crew Deathroll Intro & Solo - Mitch

Marfal, I like your harmony ideas for the Chokehold solo! And that lil' tapping thing that Alexi sometimes does, it gave it more of a personal feel, and I respect that. :)

Jose, the Wrath Within interlude was great. Nothing that I can hear that needs work, good job.

Marfal, yours also was a great recording. I think maybe that central rhythm guitar might have needed shifting over to one side 'cuz it kinda occupies the middle space too much, imo.

Arcane, very nice work on the solos. Maybe you shouldn't use crappy GP as your backing track though! :p

Flappy, I really liked the sound of the rhythm guitars. It gave it a really cool atmosphere, similar to the original for some reason.

Jose, that rhythm thing you did in the intro before starting the riff was fucking great!! :kickass: I know it was only a dead string scratch, but it really fit well.

Mitch, that sucked.

Jose, really great stuff. Although I think there were a few wrong arpeggios. The second should be an Amin in root position, sounded like you were hitting a different high note but apart from that, good stuff.

Jose, the rhythm tone in HCDR really rocked hard dude. Tight ass playing too!

Tim, cool idea to do the intro melody! And I recognise the Beatcraft snare, ahhh! :D

Mitch, ok ok I'll admit, I cannot play the chorus melody because I've never learnt it, and for playing it for 15mins, it's pretty tricky when you're alternate picking it and trying to remember loads of different things, soooo I just recorded the solo instead. :lol:

I think the Advanced part should be the solo, and the Insane bit should be the chorus. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the comments Mitch! And yeah, my TDE intro was a lil bit changed because I kept fucking up the right arpegios, so I went for variations of the Emin arpegio all over the fretboard as it was easier for me. Not as accurate as others but at least wasn't ear bleeding as it'd have been if I had played the real arpegios :lol:

GREAT HCD sumbission! Nice tone as always and tight playing as fuck, the solo was amazing!

YES! I am finally getting a OWN Line 6 toneport UX-1 next week. If anyone of you don't have one i suggest you grab them now since they are REALLY CHEAP because Line 6 is replacing them with another looks and a new name (POD Studio, black looking thing). As far as i see there's nothing different...only that the price of the original toneports has dropped tremendously (UX1 is about a 100€ while the new POD studio is 130€).

Going to start submitting to this thread then aswell i guess!

Going to buy one from the local musicstore on Monday(I see it on the shelf there all the time so now i will fucking take it home!). Thomann currently has them for a bit over 100€ (105 actually...)

You have a decent local musicstore, I have one that charges 1750€ for a RR24 :erk:

Ever asked themo how much they are WILLING to sell it for? My music store always lists just the Listing price but when someone comes to buy it they tell what price they will sell it for. Just like the Ibanez MTM2...it was 560€ and he said that he can sell it to me for 460€. Still...fuckin 1750€ :lol: You could get a RR1 for that.

The price they sell stuff for me is always the same or below Thomann price. Could be you are just unlucky though :lol: They are very friendly and cool at the musicstore i buy my stuff. I have decided to buy all my guitars and amps there from now on.

Phenom, where did you buy your UX-1 from?

My ux2 was about 170, but I'm good at buying retour models so I bought one for 150 at musicstore Köln.

Besides, I got gearbox and Ableton live with it, and the fucker that sent it back used the serial codes. Even afterwards I mailed ableton and got new registration codes etc, but at the end it didn't work like it should anyway.

I think they ask 90 - 100 euro for a ux1
You have a decent local musicstore, I have one that charges 1750€ for a RR24 :erk:

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

^I know :lol:

Ever asked themo how much they are WILLING to sell it for? My music store always lists just the Listing price but when someone comes to buy it they tell what price they will sell it for. Just like the Ibanez MTM2...it was 560€ and he said that he can sell it to me for 460€. Still...fuckin 1750€ :lol: You could get a RR1 for that.

The price they sell stuff for me is always the same or below Thomann price. Could be you are just unlucky though :lol: They are very friendly and cool at the musicstore i buy my stuff. I have decided to buy all my guitars and amps there from now on.

Well, I'm glad to know that the only retards inhabit in my town :lol: I indeed asked them how much would it be to get the RR24 there because I too prefer to buy to a person to whom I can later go and complain than to an online store, but they wouldn't go down from that price. After a lot of struggling they said that MAYBE they could take it down to 1500-1600€, but not less. Musik Produktiv said 1010€, I went to Musik Produktiv. When I wanted to get a Pandora, here is 30€ over Musik Produktiv-Thomann price. They're just plain assholes.

Holy crap you remember that?? :lol:

Yeah I did, but I couldn't be more glad, cos originaly I had ordered the non limited yellow one, but when I opened the box and saw the red one I was like ''holy mother of god, why didn't I order this one from the start?''. If I had ordered the ltd then it may have been different (I'd have shipped it back and have the correct one given), but I don't regret a single bit having gotten this one.