Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Dude, your HCDR solo was perfect. You should only try to trill or however its called this whammyslidehammeronpulloffuptobar22 thing! That would make it sounds awesome. Hard to beat this but I will try to record the full song today!

Oh and plz remove my Hatebreeder solo from the soundclick page, cause you'Re right. The gp midi is crap and I will record it with the BT again.

Cheers dude! And yes, I was trying to do that, but the whammy arm is shit, so when I was hitting it, it just wasn't working, and I was getting loads of horrible string noise and the only way I could get it to sound good without using my RR1 was to just not do the flutters. :erk:

And I will remove your HB solo, sure.

Hate Crew Deathroll (Intro)
(this record was posted before)
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6968129

and good job for all of you guys!:kickass:

Must have missed it, I'll add it today!

Mitch, your post made me laugh! Haha! :D I loved all the self comments :p Also, I'm gonna re-record the WW dual solo at some point, just to get rid of that stupid delay!

:kickass:

Here's another two of mine Mitch!

Cool, I'll add those too!

Awesome submission Mitch, very tight playing on the solo's! :kickass:
And you forgot to add my HCDR intro + chorus: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7062950 :)

@Reaperscythe: Nice playing dude!

Thanks Flappy. I'll add yours today too!

Thanks a lot! My tone may be changing a bit in a week or so as I FINALLY got a J50BC (thanks Nazgul!) and I'm going to try and get it installed this week :kickass: We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the comments Mitch! And yeah, my TDE intro was a lil bit changed because I kept fucking up the right arpegios, so I went for variations of the Emin arpegio all over the fretboard as it was easier for me. Not as accurate as others but at least wasn't ear bleeding as it'd have been if I had played the real arpegios :lol:

GREAT HCD sumbission! Nice tone as always and tight playing as fuck, the solo was amazing!

Congrats on getting a J-50BC, can't wait to hear it!

And that's cool with the TDE intro, I change solos all the time if I can't play them properly if I haven't learnt/practised them before.

And thanks for the comment! I'm quite happy with the way it turned out!

Anyone have a good YouTube link for the Hate Crew Deathroll/Downfall medley? Or maybe a good audiofile?

I don't know what this is...when did they do it? I've never heard them join these two songs before.

Maybe you should try reinstalling it?

I would suggest this also.

And here's something cool that I might have to get! :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/children-of-b...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318
29xum9c.jpg

They played HCDR/Downfall last week in Helsinki and Tampere. [... I couldn't tell if it was the song's vicious riffs or the fact that it was placed near the end of their set when more people had made their way in, but "Hate Crew Deathroll" got the best crowd response on both nights. In Helsinki, the band went into the singalong breakdown near the song's end, but when the crowd was supposed to sing the chorus for the second time, Alexi changed the lyrics: "We're the Hate Crew, we stand and we won't fall / We're all for none, DOWNFALL!". Janne played immediately a few bars of the Downfall intro and Alexi came in with the main riff faster than usual.]

Hmm... you can't do this flutter stuff with your Schaller or does it only sounds horrible? I thought OFR and Schaller where nearly the same..?!?

They played HCDR/Downfall last week in Helsinki and Tampere. [... I couldn't tell if it was the song's vicious riffs or the fact that it was placed near the end of their set when more people had made their way in, but "Hate Crew Deathroll" got the best crowd response on both nights. In Helsinki, the band went into the singalong breakdown near the song's end, but when the crowd was supposed to sing the chorus for the second time, Alexi changed the lyrics: "We're the Hate Crew, we stand and we won't fall / We're all for none, DOWNFALL!". Janne played immediately a few bars of the Downfall intro and Alexi came in with the main riff faster than usual.]

Hmm... you can't do this flutter stuff with your Schaller or does it only sounds horrible? I thought OFR and Schaller where nearly the same..?!?

Ah right, I read about this somewhere a few days back, I haven't heard anything yet!

And my OFR is MUCH better than the Schaller one. I don't know if they're all like this or if I've just got a weird one, but they feel nothing alike.

Haha, do it!!

Fine! :lol:

Thanks a lot! My tone may be changing a bit in a week or so as I FINALLY got a J50BC (thanks Nazgul!) and I'm going to try and get it installed this week :kickass: We'll see what happens.

Grats dude! I just finally got mine installed (+mm04) a couple days ago, and I'm freakin loving it!

I wasn't expecting the larger size tho... had to get a guitar guy to route the pickup hole so it could fit O_O

Loving the sound tho, and with the mm04 my harmonics last for hours :D

- "Hi, I'm Mitch, I'm a guitar-aholic."

- "Hiiiiiiiii Mitchhh!!"

Btw, am I the only one who has done the HCDR chorus so far? =(
I'm sure there could be more of them, come on people! =p

:lol: Haha, haybe you're right, butttt just one more!!! I promise I'll stop after that...:cry:
...liessss!!! :Smug:
Haha, well, I was kidding: it's not a problem at all, to be honest! It's only that I thought that now that you got your newest Miss Jackie (gorgeous as always) you wouldn't want any new guitar for a good while.
But as far as I'm concerned, you can get all the guitars you want, because at least you don't buy them just to have a guitars-collection, for you play 'em all. :)

Mitch, I think you have a problem.. Maybe you should go to Guitar-aholics anonymous :lol:

- "Hiiiii Mitchhh!!"
...yes, indeed! :lol: ... :)

Mitch, I think you have a problem.. Maybe you should go to Guitar-aholics anonymous :lol:

- "Hiiiiiiiii Mitchhh!!"

Btw, am I the only one who has done the HCDR chorus so far? =(
I'm sure there could be more of them, come on people! =p

:lol::lol:

┼Victim of the Night┼;7815642 said:
...liessss!!! :Smug:
Haha, well, I was kidding: it's not a problem at all, to be honest! It's only that I thought that now that you got your newest Miss Jackie (gorgeous as always) you wouldn't want any new guitar for a good while.
But as far as I'm concerned, you can get all the guitars you want, because at least you don't buy them just to have a guitars-collection, for you play 'em all. :)

Eli...you do realize that this is a mini guitar, righttttt?????? :loco:

I love Miss Jackie [the 2nd], but this is just a cool lil' collectors item...

Seems like you and Mystique both made the same mistake, haha! :O