Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

My first final is in 2 weeks or so, :erk:

Nice one man! :D

First post?

Wait until Friday and I'll see if I can get it cleaner, ok? There's no way I would be able to get it as clean as Ben/Mitch, but I might get it a bit better, practice works, :lol: BTW, do you have the multitrack session of your recording? If you have you should get the lead volume a little louder, playing is great but it's very low :)

My first Higher is tomorrow :( I will be going out for a pint afterwards tho! :D

Ive already had two GCSE's tests- German Oral exam and RS- I fucked up the RS but I dont care about it- got an A in German though :)

Oh, and on the 20th of June, could the Riff of the week be the Touch Like an Angel of Death Intro? bars 1- 50

Well I slowed the first riff down to 150bpm and worked on it for a while, bring it up to 190. I don't give a shit whether it makes me cool or not if I don't need to. At least I played it accurately and that's all that matters to me. Stop comparing how many times it took you to do it ffs!

And I record with Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition.

Thank you.

^They are the same program. CEP is the old name, AA the new one, but they are the same. And they don't use soundfonts, you put the BT and record over it. I also use CEP, I use the 2.1 version, if you want I can send you a WinRar archive with the installer and the crack.

Damn my fucking GCSE's and the fact I don't have a plug in! In 5 weeks I wil record every single riff of the week since this thread's beggining. oh an shut up Arcane, your what 25? Everyone here is under that, and Tim did a brilliant job so STFU (although I owe you one for the briliant ETID tab)
:rolleyes: I'm 24 at the moment but I don't know what you want to say with
"...your what 25? Everyone here is under that."

and calm down. I didn't attack anybody. I've just said the truth. Tim did a good job, yes, but theirs still a difference between him and the guys I've numerated in my post...

@ Tim: You can download a 30 days trial of adobe audition 3.0 from the adobe homepage and ask me for the crack to get the full version. ;)

I'm not attacking you, Arcane, but there's a difference between you and Paul Gilbert.

See what I did there?

All things aside, I don't mean to sound like a douche. Its just the way you worded your post sounded extremely arrogant, but perhaps you didn't mean it that way. *hug* :)

I'm not attacking you, Arcane, but there's a difference between you and Paul Gilbert.

See what I did there?

All things aside, I don't mean to sound like a douche. Its just the way you worded your post sounded extremely arrogant, but perhaps you didn't mean it that way. *hug* :)
No no, I really don't want to sound arrogant and I didn't say that I'm good as Laiho or Gilbert. Maybe it sounds arrogant cause its always hard for me to express sth. in a way which everyone can understand in english - my english is not the best :rolleyes:

Yeah my bad dude. I can see that you're a genuine guy and didn't mean to offend anyone.

Hugs all around:

2BearsHug.gif

:)

well im going to join the party.

ive already recorded the song
wich is called Children Of Bodom - Silent Night Bodom Night
BUT IT SUCKS VERY VERY HARD !!!! i was playing Very unconfortible and i also got a Cramp in my fret arm during Solo LMAO T.T

played trough my Alexi RR replica with USA J-50BC->JE-1000 Gainbooster -> GP-1000-> Marshall Combo Amp 100 Watt DFX -> Directly into my recording audio Card
So no mixers or so (suck ass) BY THE WAY THERE IS SOME WEIRD KIND OF DELAY :S afther the introlude or its just me

Edit comes (for the song)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6545481 here it is

well im going to join the party.

ive already recorded the song
wich is called Children Of Bodom - Silent Night Bodom Night
BUT IT SUCKS VERY VERY HARD !!!! i was playing Very unconfortible and i also got a Cramp in my fret arm during Solo LMAO T.T

played trough my Alexi RR replica with USA J-50BC->JE-1000 Gainbooster -> GP-1000-> Marshall Combo Amp 100 Watt DFX -> Directly into my recording audio Card
So no mixers or so (suck ass) BY THE WAY THERE IS SOME WEIRD KIND OF DELAY :S afther the introlude or its just me

Edit comes (for the song)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6545481 here it is

Well, not bad for a first time, just needs a tad more practice. This song is harder than it seems, ain't it? :lol:

Also, you should try playing it to the HB version rather than any live version, because they take it a tad slower on the album, and it's more rhytmically consistent thus easier to follow. Try it, and you'll see what I mean ;)

Umm, no. Maybe your ears are out of tune?

My bad man, I think I got the wrong guy >.< I was listening to all of those covers one after another, so that was supposed to be directed at smb else... Can't really remember who by now lol...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, as for TL&S, teh intro is just way too hard, and I'm unwilling to sit down and write it out note by note, just too tedious for me. Plus, it's gonna be uncomfortable on the violin one way or another... Good luck to all those trying to tackle it ;)

Also, you should try playing it to the HB version rather than any live version, because they take it a tad slower on the album, and it's more rhytmically consistent thus easier to follow. Try it, and you'll see what I mean ;)

True that. Their live versions are usually a good 7-8 bpm faster. Work with the studio version instead.

I'll post up a cover of SNBN soon. Gotta get my hands on a camera. I fucking love that song. :headbang:

True that. Their live versions are usually a good 7-8 bpm faster. Work with the studio version instead.

I'll post up a cover of SNBN soon. Gotta get my hands on a camera. I fucking love that song. :headbang:

Well, not just that, it's also that Alexi goes off beat sometimes (especially in the CRY version), which makes it even worse... Not to diss or anything.

Well, cool, waiting for the cover. Is it guitar?

I wish I could get my hands on a camera, but mine broke T__T

EDIT: OK, finally decided on my next cover. This time it's gonna be Needled 24/7 (just cuz its fairly easy lulz) Might do Scar Symmetry's Dreaming 24/7 while I'm at it if I manage to transcribe the solo, but that's not for this thread...

Yeah I know what you mean actually. A lot of times I'll be watching live clips and Alexi seems to be just barely off-beat with the rest of the band (either playing slightly slower or slightly faster), and so the rest of the band has to compensate and switch to his speed. I wish he'd just follow Jaska, as he seems to always keep a solid rhythm (until Alexi screws it up :lol:).

Yeah a guitar cover. I actually don't have a camera right now. I either have to wait until my friend comes down to visit (and use his camera) or find someone else's right now. Either way, I'd like to record soon. Can't wait for your Needled cover. Wuet.

It's kinda bad. but these are not easy songs :lol:

Edit : Thanks Mitch ! For the Sioux City Tabs !
And thank you and ben johnson (chokehold) and any other for the other tabs :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: