Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^Nice one! Although for my taste you had waaaay too much distortion and it sounded quite noisy. But the palying was good :)

First again! Although it's still last week's ROTW :lol:

Mask Of Sanity

And no, I didn't play the dual solo :lol: That part is fucking sick, I can't do it without either changing it completely or missing more than 50% of the notes. I did the other part but expand it a bit cos as Tim set it was too short :D

slidesoc2.png

You play galloping patterns well on one string (verse) but here it's the same pattern but it isn't as tight. That's why I said you should still work on sliding on that pattern. I had to find something you could improve. :p
ohhh you mean these slides. hmm...I guess I'll have to listen more carefully to them. thanks for deliberately trying to find something tho :) I appreciate it, lol.
Hey guys I covered Hate Me! last night :D

Reviews/comments please? Thanks :3

Click the link for high quality :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZccpDA6ShM&fmt=18
I'd have to agree with Jose about the too much distortion thing. Nice harmonics tho!

^Nice one! Although for my taste you had waaaay too much distortion and it sounded quite noisy. But the palying was good :)

First again! Although it's still last week's ROTW :lol:

Mask Of Sanity

And no, I didn't play the dual solo :lol: That part is fucking sick, I can't do it without either changing it completely or missing more than 50% of the notes. I did the other part but expand it a bit cos as Tim set it was too short :D
glad to see you're back to the "first!" thing :lol:
good recording, the toneport really does suite you well :p I liked the rhythm tone. As for criticisms, I think the last bend could use some work.

Thx. I've tabbed it few weeks ago but Mitch is still to busy to update the first page of Tab Thread.

No problem...
But i thought you played the intro like the one tabbed for the CRY...i dunno if it's the same(but i don't think so)...and i asked for the tab 'cuase i don't wanna waste my time learning a wrong tab :p

Downfall Tab http://www.sendspace.com/file/og450o

And my new YouTube Video - Blooddrunk! I really like my tone in this video (or in the mp3). Tell me what you think! (Solo and interlude are a bit sloppy)

Here you can download the mp3 which has a great sound quality Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk

And the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxzCMaOviRE&fmt=18

Thanks for the tab :)

Anyway yeah the tone is really good...it's like the original...
In the solo i think i heard one or two mistake(one after the banding)...but hey still a great cover as usually

Damn Arcana that is a really sick cover!

Seemingly unlike everyone else, I'm not a big fan of the tone -_- but the playing is VERY clean, fantastic job :D

One thing that would probably improve your lead sound a ton is vibrato on the bends. Other than that, good job with the solo :)

glad to see you're back to the "first!" thing :lol:
good recording, the toneport really does suite you well :p I liked the rhythm tone. As for criticisms, I think the last bend could use some work.

Thanks :D And yeah, bending is something I have to work on A LOT :lol: I'm still getting used to PG style with the wrist thing, but it's really uncontroled :erk:

Downfall Tab http://www.sendspace.com/file/og450o

And my new YouTube Video - Blooddrunk! I really like my tone in this video (or in the mp3). Tell me what you think! (Solo and interlude are a bit sloppy)

Here you can download the mp3 which has a great sound quality Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk

And the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxzCMaOviRE&fmt=18

Wow man that was quite good! The MP3 really sounds almost exactly as the album tone wise and most of it playing wise too! The solo may need a bit of work for the timing and maybe the last bend but still it was well played and you have the notes right, I supose that just a bit more of practice and you'd nail it. Good job :)

^^
Yeah, the tone is pretty good but I'm not really satisfied with the mixing.. :/
I can play the solo pretty much perfect but it's hard to record a complete song without any mistakes and I think I've played lik 4 hours before I've recorded the song. I was surprised that my fingers do bendings without starting to bleed :) Maybe you know what I mean. After hours of playing you can't bend anymore...

That's a good question :) Well, I usually do a 3rd or 4 guitars in one vid when they are different but in Blooddrunk the two rythm guitars play the same under the solo so that's why I didn't need a 3rd guitar... and I thought I can play it without any mistakes...

Well, I think that it gives the solo more power to have both rythms even if they play the same, and it allows you to play the solo as many times as you want to get it perfect. I mean, your solo wasn't bad and e.g. playing live it'd be more than ok, but since you're recording it at home and then uploading I think it'd be better and show your playing better to do it separately, because live is one thing, but when recording if you can do it better (not like doing it better after 2 months of practice but do it better doing another take) IMO it's better to go for it so you really show how you can play and not less. But still, that's up to you and I also understand that you wanted to play just the two guitars like if it were Alexi and Roope playing the song together in one take. :)

@Tim: Which tab are we suposed to use? On the Tab Thread there's no COD tab :ill:

EDIT: Fuck! I'm trying the intro and the ''fast run'' in the middle is driving me nuts. I have everything else in time and cool, but that part is totally pwning me :lol: If anyone wants the tab I'm using (I think it sounds pretty accurate), this is the one: Click!