Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Instrumental metal always fits with video games!

No kidding, especially fighters and JRPGs. I wish western developers got their heads out of their asses and made more soundtracks like that. But no, instead every game has to have an epic Hollywood-style score. How boring.

popcorn.gif

This is indeed getting quite entertaining :lol:

And I have to agree, japanese are genious in making metal that fits into video game soundtrack.

This is a bit cliché and everyone probably knows this already, but they should make more soundtracks like this. Most Castlevania music is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer my Castlevania music 8-bit though :lol:

The real badassry is Ys music:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be honest and try not to take offence, but I feel like you should have practised quite a bit more before posting a cover. I feel like a lot of it was really sloppy. It's a really hard song to play cleanly, I've been practising it myself lately. I'd probably have to play this one for weeks before being able to cleanly play both parts for a cover.

On another note, with any luck I'm going to try and find a camera from someone to post some covers that I'm doing. Don't worry, I'm not an overweight, ugly, tight shirt wearing violinist I promise.

Nice cover as usual, pretty clean aside from a few minor things, but those don't really take away anything from the performance. Now I feel like doing a cover too, after all this time :lol: do you have a tab? Too lazy to transcribe myself...

Don't worry, I'm not an overweight, ugly, tight shirt wearing violinist I promise.

You better not be. Those kinda guys are fucking annoying. WORD.

Nice Arcane, you fucking killed it! Only complaint is I wish the rhythm guitars would come down in volume a little for the solo - they were kind of overpowering. But solid cover nonetheless