CHILDREN OF BODOM have inked a worldwide deal with Nuclear Blast Records

iNFeCTiioN

Jul 29, 2011
Nuclear Blast is proud to welcome the band back to its roster after having worked with them at the very early stages of their career. A new Children Of Bodom album is planned for 2013.

The band's singer & guitarist Alexi Laiho says: "We had a good, productive and long run with Spinefarm records for fifteen years and now it’s simply just time for a change. I’m absolutely stoked to start the new chapter of COB's career with Nuclear Blast and look forward to work with them."

Bass player Henkka T. Blacksmith adds: "Personally I am so excited to get to work with Nuclear Blast again. We have such good memories from our beginning of our career with them. We know the people already, and we know how committed they're in doing metal!"

Commented Jaap Wagemaker, A&R at Nuclear Blast Europe: "15 years ago we were introduced to a very young band from Finland who blew us away with their track "Deadnight Warrior" from their debut album "Something Wild" and their music was indeed something wild! Fast tapping guitarwork combined with incredible keyboards and angry vocals! It was the start of the career of CHILDREN OF BODOM!"

"We released their first 3 albums outside of Finland : "Something Wild", "Hatebreeder" and "Follow the Reaper", albums that became classics in the history of metal! Unfortunately after the 3rd album we went separate ways but we have always been following them and stayed in contact. CHILDREN OF BODOM became a very big band worldwide and now the time has come to welcome CHILDREN OF BODOM back home! We at Nuclear Blast are very happy to see CHILDREN OF BODOM rejoining the Nuclear family! We are looking forward to start working on their next albums and you can be sure that "something wild" will come your way!“

I think it's a little chance that COB gonna record next album in SW, HB, FTR style in this case - i hope so :).

I think it's a little chance that COB gonna record next album in SW, HB, FTR style in this case - i hope so :).

I think the record label has no effect on the music band is going to make, other than possibly influencing the choosing of other bands COB is going to tour with.

Exciting... I think this might through some way have impact on their music. The band is getting old and nearing the end of their career, so if they're about to make another epic album, it's now or never. :( I'm just pissed off the last album(s) didn't live up to expectations...

Alexi: "We had a good, productive and long run with Spinefarm records for fifteen years and now it’s simply just time for a change. I’m absolutely stoked to start the new chapter of COB's career with Nuclear Blast and look forward to work with them."

Time for a change, new chapter, super stoked. Somehow I don't think Alexi's comments are just about a record label change.

For sure RRF is the bottom of the well of this thrashy Bodom style. They have to do something fresh next.

Now if Nuclear Blast have any understanding of this stuff, they should attempt to announcing "COB to vividly refresh their music". This is just my opinion. And I don't agree with a lot of shit the Spinefarm management arranged for them.