CHILDREN OF BODOM To Release Collection Of Covers

Bassist Henkka Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka T. Blacksmith) of Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM has told FemaleFirst that the band is planning on releasing a collection of covers sometime in the fall. The set is expected to feature most of the group's previously released cover versions, including the following:

* "Aces High" by IRON MAIDEN
* "Don't Stop At The Top" by the SCORPIONS
* "Hellion" by W.A.S.P.
* "Mass Hypnosis" by SEPULTURA
* "No Commands" by STONE
* "Shot In The Dark" by OZZY OSBOURNE
* "Iron, Steel, Metal" by WIZZARD
* "Rebel Yell" by BILLY IDOL
* "Talk Dirty To Me" by POISON
* "Latomeri" by KLAMYDIA
* "Bed Of Nails" by ALICE COOPER
* "She Is Beautiful" by ANDREW W.K.
* "Silent Scream" by SLAYER
* "Somebody Put Something in My Drink" by the RAMONES
* "Oops!... I Did It Again" by BRITNEY SPEARS

from: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114921

Spinefarm Records used to release split singles like this to promote their bands. This led to the widespread assumption that "Iron, Steel, Metal" was a song covered by Children Of Bodom, which is not true.

Source: SOB.

indeed:)

They have some cool cover songs like the Scorpions one and Lookin' Out My Backdoor, other than that I think the idea is total self-pwnage and will damage the band's image.

Oh for fucks sake, where are the new covers? :cry:

This whole thread is bullshit and based off nothing but the band saying they were probably doing a cover album. There's no official list. There's a good chance that they'll add at least some -or many- of the old ones, maybe do a new one or two, but no one has said anything specific.

They have some cool cover songs like the Scorpions one and Lookin' Out My Backdoor, other than that I think the idea is total self-pwnage and will damage the band's image.

You mean like when Entombed did it? Or Iced Earth, Slayer or others as well.

Besides, it's just music. Who cares about image? Why not do what you want to.

^That's the point. Lookin' Out My Backdoor is so cool because COB just "rape" the song in 2 minutes and it sounds awesome, just because their label forces them to do covers :lol:

I got to Wizzard at which point I called bullshit. :lol:

Exactly :lol:

Final Countdown ?:( Trooper ?:(

Yeah, let's write to them and ask them to put them on, me wants them!!!:mad::lol:

BTW, I think it'd fucking pwn if they decided to actually do them one day :lol:

Why? COB make fucking great covers usually, and are known for that. I don't see how that'd damage the band's image.