CHILDREN OF BODOM YOUR FAV BAND?

Excellent choices, though I still think that Necrophagist's songwriting needs a little something more. Too focused on technical ability and not enough on the MUSIC. Late-era Death was the perfect mix of these two elements.

I agree, Necrophagist's second album moved in the right direction as far as that goes. I really love them because their live show demolishes most bands. Of the bands I have seen only Symphony X and (maybe) Bodom are tighter live. I look forward to their next album, its been a really long time since they were in the studio, anything is possible from those guys.

When I saw them at Asbury park, we got to talk to every single member of the band after the show and they were so nice and modest (maybe its a European thing). The new second guitarist is best friends with Jari from Wintersun. The bassist talked to us about recording Stabwound and Only Ash Remains (sick sick bass parts). The drummer seriously talked to us for over an hour (he LOVES Symphony X btw), we kept asking him, "you know you are one of the best drummers in the world, right?" and he was like "nah, you really think so? I don't know, what about 'x'? That dude can do absolutely anything on drums.
I love that modesty, its what makes a true musician.

I agree, Necrophagist's second album moved in the right direction as far as that goes. I really love them because their live show demolishes most bands. Of the bands I have seen only Symphony X and (maybe) Bodom are tighter live. I look forward to their next album, its been a really long time since they were in the studio, anything is possible from those guys.

When I saw them at Asbury park, we got to talk to every single member of the band after the show and they were so nice and modest (maybe its a European thing). The new second guitarist is best friends with Jari from Wintersun. The bassist talked to us about recording Stabwound and Only Ash Remains (sick sick bass parts). The drummer seriously talked to us for over an hour (he LOVES Symphony X btw), we kept asking him, "you know you are one of the best drummers in the world, right?" and he was like "nah, you really think so? I don't know, what about 'x'? That dude can do absolutely anything on drums.

Have you seen the Stabwound drum cam video?

Necrophagist is so great, Muhammed Suicmez nails every note on every song live. He's one of my idols, i mean his sweeping his so amazing! and then we've got Stefan, he has fuckin crazy skills on bass, i'm pretty sure he's sweeping on Stabwound? and then of course Hannes, he's definetly one of the greatest drummers in my mind, and hes only 24!! He makes it look so easy to! I agree though, they work to much on the technicality of things, but i'll wait for their next album to see. I didn't know they had another guitarist, it's not on their wesbsite? well it's exactly what they need i think, they need another guitar to go under the lead during live performances. Although i must say, the bass is like a rhythym guitar, definetly not like live performances like Pantera. I was wondering how do you say Necrophagist? is it... Neck-row-fag-ist?

Necrophagist is so great, Muhammed Suicmez nails every note on every song live. He's one of my idols, i mean his sweeping his so amazing! and then we've got Stefan, he has fuckin crazy skills on bass, i'm pretty sure he's sweeping on Stabwound? and then of course Hannes, he's definetly one of the greatest drummers in my mind, and hes only 24!! He makes it look so easy to! I agree though, they work to much on the technicality of things, but i'll wait for their next album to see. I didn't know they had another guitarist, it's not on their wesbsite? well it's exactly what they need i think, they need another guitar to go under the lead during live performances. Although i must say, the bass is like a rhythym guitar, definetly not like live performances like Pantera. I was wondering how do you say Necrophagist? is it... Neck-row-fag-ist?

Yeah their second guitarist quit last year, but the new guy (from Finland) is AWESOME, check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Ur30qQKN0

the song is SEVEN, the new guy rips the shit out of the solo, I mean he really RIPS. I think you can pronounce the name however you want Necro-fage-ist

Well, Death and Necrophagist are much heavier than At the Gates, that's for damn sure. :Smug:

damn Tim just cause i said i like things a little more brutal and heavy and im currently listening to a new CD you gave me doesnt mean they're my favorite band and stop being a goddamn critic be a musician theyre way better and usually better liked