CHILDREN OF BODOM YOUR FAV BAND?

n00b question-Does Jaska have anyone related to him named Sami?:err:

My bad- been away for a few days. Necrophagist's 2nd guitarist's name is Sami Raatikainen, no relation to Jaska (I actually got to talk to Sami, he laughed when I asked him that).

I saw Necro live in Philly Saturday night and they were FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!! They are amongst the top musicians that I have ever seen. Even better, they are the tightest live band I have ever seen, again minus Symphony X. You would think that such chaotic sounding music could never be reproduced live, but holy shit they are the real deal and then some. They all played everything note for note for note, and this music is WAY more complex than any Bodom riff (not to bash Bodom, this is very different music). The guitar sweeps were crystal clear, every solo was perfect, the drummer should be arrested for some of the moves he pulls off, and the bass player flys. For anyone who knows their music, they busted out Only Ash Remains! If you have not seen this band live yet, GO...GO NOW!

Now I have to wait until the 29th for Bodom...I LOVE going to good metal shows, there is nothing better.

There are two of my favourites.One is Avenged Sevenfold, other is undoubtely Children of Bodom.

My bad- been away for a few days. Necrophagist's 2nd guitarist's name is Sami Raatikainen, no relation to Jaska (I actually got to talk to Sami, he laughed when I asked him that).

I saw Necro live in Philly Saturday night and they were FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!! They are amongst the top musicians that I have ever seen. Even better, they are the tightest live band I have ever seen, again minus Symphony X. You would think that such chaotic sounding music could never be reproduced live, but holy shit they are the real deal and then some. They all played everything note for note for note, and this music is WAY more complex than any Bodom riff (not to bash Bodom, this is very different music). The guitar sweeps were crystal clear, every solo was perfect, the drummer should be arrested for some of the moves he pulls off, and the bass player flys. For anyone who knows their music, they busted out Only Ash Remains! If you have not seen this band live yet, GO...GO NOW!

Now I have to wait until the 29th for Bodom...I LOVE going to good metal shows, there is nothing better.

Cool,yeah,I saw Necro too on Saturday,and also talked to Sami,he's really nice. It was the first time I heard/saw Necro,they were just great,I have to get more stuff from them.

Cool,yeah,I saw Necro too on Saturday,and also talked to Sami,he's really nice. It was the first time I heard/saw Necro,they were just great,I have to get more stuff from them.

As long as you have Epitaph and Onset, you've pretty much got it all. The Youtube vids of them are phenomenal too. That's sweet you went to the show I was at, didn't they rip every single note perfectly? It's scary how talented and tight those guys are, fuckin top notch.

:headbang: Definately is my fav band.Then Dimmu Borgir,Papa Roach,Cradle of Filth,Metallica,Amon Amarth,Graveworm,Immortal,Judas Iscariot an many others:headbang:

Rage Against The Amish: Why do you only like the Norwegian stuff? By that you mean the lyrics right? Dimmu Borgir are fuckin awsome. It's pure black metal just like Immortal. I think Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropy is the best album they have. Nicholas Barker made this album sound so good. He highly influenced their sound, and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is a perfect example of what he adds. Anything done before him sounded like messy noise, but he made the sound sound really intense and crushing.

Reactions: Nikki
Coby: Odd choices.....it's a mixture of everything. How could those bands even be in the same sentence?!

Masque Reaper: You saw them live? Is that the tour with DYing Fetus and Cannibal Corpse? If it was, how was Dying Fetus? I love those guys. They are one of my fave death metal bands too. The drumming is one of my faves. I'v heard Necrophagist were perfect live. I think i heard it in an interview with Metal Injection and they praised them just like you. The Onset of Putrefaction album is really good. They have a perfect mixture of brutality with technicality. And most of the stuff is very complex. They're one of the best death metal bands alond with Bloodbath, Necrophagia, Dying Fetus, and Six Feet Under. Well that's my opinion anyway.

Another really good band is Carcass. I love the vocals a lot. Too bad they broke up though. I wish they were still together.

Rage Against The Amish: Why do you only like the Norwegian stuff? By that you mean the lyrics right? Dimmu Borgir are fuckin awsome. It's pure black metal just like Immortal. I think Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropy is the best album they have. Nicholas Barker made this album sound so good. He highly influenced their sound, and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is a perfect example of what he adds. Anything done before him sounded like messy noise, but he made the sound sound really intense and crushing.

I dont know i just am drawn to the whole norse mythology so i like the music that comes from such places but that doesn't mean don't like stuff from the US and the UK but my life goal is to have a ship burial cause that would be the best kind ever

and I personally think stormblast is the best and i like the cover they did of Twisted Sister's Burn In Hell on the UK album of Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

My favorite bands would have to be Metallica (first metal band I ever listened to), Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, Pantera, and Symphony X. Not necessarily in that order, (well, Metallica goes first, even though they haven't been awesome since like 1990), but Children of Bodom is definitely 2nd or maybe even a tie for 1st. The others don't really matter what order they're in.

Oh, yeah, maybe Slayer, too. I don't know, Reign in Blood is awesome, and the other albums for the most part are pretty cool, but I don't know if they'll end up being one of my favorites or if I just like 'em so much right now because I just started listening to them.