CHILDREN OF BODOM YOUR FAV BAND?

^sounds good, but you mean "RUNES to my memory". I really, really love that song. It's almost as good as a bodom song. I'm really into that kind of stuff now like Arch Enemy, Carcass, Into Eternity, Diecast, and such. Any band suggestions? I'm trying to find really melodic/powerful bands that still have brutal vocals.

ummm...it's kinda hard to find melodic with brutal vocals...does in flames count(old in flames)? the vocals aren't exactly brutal, but the music has melody. try kalmah or at the gates (although i'm not a big fan of the latter). and if you love guitar melody in bands, then i definitely suggest sinergy. i've actually been thinking that the guitar work in sinergy could be better than the guitar work in bodom. but then again, it kind of produces a different sound, so they're still equally as good, but just on different levels. so yeah, i'm sure you've already heard sinergy and if you can't stand kim goss's voice, i say you give it another chance. she's really not that bad, she'll grow you on.

edit: i just thought of a band that you might like lady laiho...cuz i know you like black metal, so download songs from this band called Illnath. i think they're wonderful. they have lots of melody with black metal vocals. it's really beautiful music at times.

I'm an old 35 years old rocker, so after 22 years of Iron Maiden non stop almost every day, they are gods to me. They still rule the world to me and I find that they never had made a bad album.

I have the NOTB tattooed on my shoulder, a Fear Of The Dark air brush painting on my harley ( i sold the bike last year but kept the fenders & tanks FOTD for the paint job). I've met the band a few times now and they are really good down to earth blokes.

My fenders
cid000501c5270e77c805f08a88cb1.jpg

My Tattoo
powermaidentatei1.jpg

Me & Steve
stevemesmalldz6.jpg

Anyway, Maiden Will Always Be # 1 to Me

That beiing said, COB are 3 rd behind Maiden & Pink Floyd, not bad for a young band, they fucking rule, and next monday & tuesday will be my 5 th and 6 th time seing them

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Hey Power Maiden, let me tell you that if you like Iron Maiden you have good tastes, and it's a certainty that Iron Maiden and their NWBHM made story...
I love them too, they're one of my fav bands (CoB, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian...even if I don't love Power metal much, to be honest).
And Steve Harris is my favourite bass player: he's so great, I wouldn't know how to define him... oh, and that painting on your Harley is gorgeous! Compliments. :)

^the lyrics do make sense! You just need to find a deeper meaning in them and some of them are straight-out.

Mystique: I already listen to At the Gates and old In Flames but i'll have to check out Kalmah and Illnath. I'v never even heard that one. I'm just trying to find new music.

PowerMaiden: Hell yeah, Iron Maiden rock! They are one of the best classics out there today. Damn, that's what i call dedication.

Thanks guys, Maiden are indeed amazing are great bunch of guys.

and to answer Mrfast, yes I was at the bell center, and for the first time ever, I bring my 8 1/2 years old son with me (he's now a big fan too & really likes COB now with the dvd out, he really dig's them) , these are the Maiden shows I saw in my life:

World Slavery Tour, Nov 27 th 1984, Montreal Forum, 15 000 s/o

Somewhere On Tour, March 24 th 1987, Montreal Forum, 14 500

Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour, May 17 th 1988,Montreal Forum, 10 500

No Prayer On The Road, Jan 15 1991, Montreal Forum, 9 000

Fear Of The Dark tour, June 16 th 1992, Montreal Forum, 6 000

The X Factour, Feb 9 th 1996, Verdun Auditorium, 4 000

Virtual 11 tour (Metal Mania), July 4 th 1998, Montreal, Stade Du Maurier, 3 900

Ed Hunter tour, July 13 th, 1999, Montreal, Molson Center, 7 500

Brave New World Tour, August 2 nd 2000, Montreal, Molson center, 6 800

Give Me 'Ed Till I'm Dead tour, July 30 th 2003, New York, Madison Square Garden, 15 000 s/o

Give Me 'Ed Till I'm Dead tour, August 1 st 2003, Colisée Pepsi de Québec, 10 301

Give Me 'Ed Till I'm Dead tour, August 2 nd 2003, Montreal, Bell center, 12 000

Dance Of Death tour, Jan 20 th 2004, Montreal, Bell Center, 10 000

Dance Of Death tour, Jan 21 st 2004, Québec city,Colisée Pepsi , 8 000

Eddie Rips Up The World Tour, July 16 th 2005, Québec city , Colisée Pepsi , 11 000 s/o

Eddie Rips Up The World Tour, August 3 rd 2005, Toronto, Molson Amphitheater, +/- 14 500

A Matter Of Life & Death Tour , October 7 th 2006, Tweeter Center At The Waterfront, Camden NJ , 7000 s/o

A Matter Of Life & Death Tour , October 9 th 2006, Québec city , Colisée Pepsi, 12000 s/o

A Matter Of Life & Death Tour , October 10 th 2006, Montreal, Bell center, 13980

numbers at the end is attendance

I also saw Paul Dianno solo 3 times and Bruce Dickinson solo 1 time

just one last picture for you guys, the first time ever I met Brucey, it was in Québec city, oct 9 th 2006, I'll never forget this (at the far left it's Adrian and the black shoulder besides Bruce is Davey)
adrainfredbrucedaveyir7.jpg

Can't wait for COB next week though

Cheers !
PowerMaiden