Children of Bodom....?

how i wish i could see nma live. :( i keep my hope. ;)
actually, i think sb has some production issues (yes, eight does too, but i find it less annoying there) that make it harder to swallow. i'm sure there's more to "whites of their eyes" than what i've found so far, for instance, but many songs are just not polished enough imo... and it beats me why they left out and counted as b-sides and extra tracks all the best songs. :confused:
i'm uncertain when it comes to rating nma albums... for me it's maybe something like:

1. thunder and consolation
2. no rest for the wicked
3. b-sides and abandoned tracks

but the love of hopeless causes is also a likely substitute to nr. 3. ;)

rahvin.

rahvin, if you want to discuss new model army you should post on the "check out this band" thread, to avoid etc. etc. etc.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

h

considering nma rank list, i'd go for:

1. vengeance aka the independent story
2. impurity
3. thunder & consolation and b-sides

vengeance just had the darkest lyrics imo. waiting is one great song, although many only refer to it as being dull and boring.

Originally posted by emjayhaych
Hey,

I'd heard of them since a while back, so thought I'd have a listen, and I downloaded 'Follow the reaper' the title cut from their latest album. I like the music, guitars, pianos, etc, the vocals are kinda In Flames-esque....don't bite my head off on that one, I just mean they're shrieky basically.....
Anyway, i like that song, but i d/loaded a couple more and thought they were pretty crap - just wondering if anyone wants to argue, i mean do you think they're any good?
Sorry, not a very meaty post, but I'm bored.

Check out the band Norhter, they sound very like CoB!

CoB is one of the best bands who exists according to me (other are IF, DT, Nostradameus, Opeth, Iron Maiden...) and most of all for Alexi Lahio impressive guitarrplay... he´s not old at all. His growling is nit to good but it fits in their music... Even though he can't growl he writes the music and the texts to CoB and is one of the most talanted guitarrplayers that lives today...

Originally posted by VultureCulture
waiting is one great song, although many only refer to it as being dull and boring.

no, no, i wouldn't. nothing nma recorded before impurity is dull and boring, except perhaps "sex (the black angel)". then "before i get old" redefined boredom itself. :p

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
no, no, i wouldn't. nothing nma recorded before impurity is dull and boring, except perhaps "sex (the black angel)". then "before i get old" redefined boredom itself. :p

rahvin.

You picked the exact two songs I would have. Have a cookie! :)

I like Waiting... but it just got outshined on that record by songs like Notice Me, Christian Militia, Liberal Education, Running In The Rain, Vengeance.....

http://www.sonicdeath.co.uk/artist_page.asp?artistID=110

My bad attempt at reviewing NMA albums. It's impossible to do the band justice in reviews I find. So I've given up.. it's actually easier to review Meshuggah... :D