CHILDREN OF BODOM!

Wednesday I will be seeing them at the house of blues in Chicago got meet and greet passes for the show too so it should be a hell of a time Children of Bodom seem to put on a good show or atleast the one time I have seen them live

jdelpi said:
I saw Children of Bodom tonight in Columbus, Ohio and they were awesome! They're easily becoming one of my favorite bands. I only have their two most recent albums, but I fully intend to get all the rest of them.

They suck, worst band ever. You are a poser. :headbang:

I also have a new favourite band: Beyond Fear. I just listened to their debut album and ... wow... it puts Angel of Retribution to shame - it's heavy, dark, fast, well executed and Ripper is well... Ripper.. if you don't like his trademark screams don't buy (or download ahem!) this cd. It actually sounds a bit like Halford meets Nevermore at times.

mentalmeltdown said:
I also have a new favourite band: Beyond Fear. I just listened to their debut album and ... wow... it puts Angel of Retribution to shame - it's heavy, dark, fast, well executed and Ripper is well... Ripper.. if you don't like his trademark screams don't buy (or download ahem!) this cd. It actually sounds a bit like Halford meets Nevermore at times.
ripper is great, mad talent

COB can SMMFD

COB...aa one of the first metal bands i ever liked, but was actually disspaointed with them live,its just so hard to recreate that huge complex sound they have on cd,on the stage i suppose.

Oh and beyond fear, supporting thrax? YES PLEASE!

to me COB is meh. But I will have to check out the Beyound Fear cd even though i wasn't to impressed with ripper on his work on the new Iced Earth cd.

defragger said:
Wednesday I will be seeing them at the house of blues in Chicago got meet and greet passes for the show too so it should be a hell of a time Children of Bodom seem to put on a good show or atleast the one time I have seen them live

I seriously want to go to this show. It sucks that it's on a Wednesday, though.

Boo!

And Justin- Follow The Reaper is a great album by them. I still have to pick up their newest.

remington69 said:
I seriously want to go to this show. It sucks that it's on a Wednesday, though.

Boo!

And Justin- Follow The Reaper is a great album by them. I still have to pick up their newest.
you should just go forget the fact that it is a wednesday but uh I suggest calling to see if they even have tickets left I think a couple of weeks ago I heard like 200 left

jdelpi said:
I saw Children of Bodom tonight in Columbus, Ohio and they were awesome! They're easily becoming one of my favorite bands. I only have their two most recent albums, but I fully intend to get all the rest of them.

I remember a post that you did recently about some kid getting into megadeth for the first time ever and it putting a smile on your face. well, it puts a smile on my face that you can dig on something relatively new. I'm sick of this bullshit new trend in music getting further and further away from being live anymore. whatever happened to organic blues based rock and roll?? loud drums, a soulful singer, and loud distorted guitars with thumping low end. it's all you need

AlexStomp said:
I remember a post that you did recently about some kid getting into megadeth for the first time ever and it putting a smile on your face. well, it puts a smile on my face that you can dig on something relatively new. I'm sick of this bullshit new trend in music getting further and further away from being live anymore. whatever happened to organic blues based rock and roll?? loud drums, a soulful singer, and loud distorted guitars with thumping low end. it's all you need

all you really need is the BIG BOTTOM.

"On the drums, Mr. Richard Trenton. On the bass, Mr. Derek Smalls. On the bass, Mr. Nigel Tufnel. On the bass synthesizer, Mr. Viv Savage. I am David St. Hubbins, lead bass." - Spinal Tap

Last night my guitar player played me COB covering The Final Countdown by Europe. Could barely tell the song cause it was so metal but it was good. I am not ashamed to say that I have this Europe TAPE as well as their other albums. They kicked ass when I was a kid. I was a hair metal follower until I discovered State of Europhia and Slayer. 13 years later I'm all fucked up...coincidence? Maybe. Slayer did it. I should sue them. :lol: I still love hair metal though, somethin about it.

myspace.com/deafchildband