Children of Bodom's borrowed riffs

Inceptionist

It's Not My Funeral
Jan 19, 2013
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LIST SO FAR:

Red Light In My Eyes 1 - Bach's Two Part Invention #13 in A minor
Red Light In My Eyes 2 - Mozart's Sympony #25 and Confutatis
The Nail - Bach's Tocatta and Fugue, and Ending of Yngwie Malmsteen's "Far Beyond the Sun"

Hatebreeder- Mozart's Queen of the Night Aria
Black Widow - Mozart's Concerto 20 in D minor
Wrath Within - Various Stone songs

Tokyo Warheart's Intro - Jan Hammer's "Crockett"s Theme"

Bodom After Midnight - The Rock
Everytime I Die - Ozzy Osbourne's "Believer"
Northern Comfort - Guns N' Roses' "Coma"

Lil Bloodred Ridin Hood - Dissection's "Unhallowed" and "Night's Blood"
You're Better Off Dead - Megadeth's Take no Prisoners

Punch Me I Bleed - Pantera's "Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks"
Are You Dead Yet? - System of a Down's "Roulette"

SINERGY:

Laid to Rest - Fargo theme song

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I was listening to Ozzy earlier, and found that the first 30 or so seconds of believer sound the same as the intro of Everytime I Die, especially the live version with harmonics in the beginning.

and

Have any of you found any other "borrowed" riffs? I'd love to hear any others!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes im also playin some stuff on guitar and realise a few hours/days later that im playin something from a song.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood is a straight Dissection rip because it uses 2 of their riffs in same damn song. They didn't even try to hide it.

Unhallowed and Night's Blood

riff at 00:10 is similar to the main riff in Unhallowed, and the melody from 00:37 is a slowed down version of the Night's Blood chorus melody

I'm sure most people here know about it, but I still think it's hilarious they had to use 2 damn riffs.

Unhallowed and Night's Blood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMAM0QRk38

riff at 00:10 is similar to the main riff in Unhallowed, and the melody from 00:37 is a slowed down version of the Night's Blood chorus melody

I'm sure most people here know about it, but I still think it's hilarious they had to use 2 damn riffs.

Wow, Alexi didn't even try to hide it did he? Because they're pretty damn obvious LOL. I bet he was all like, "I'm just gonna...uhh...take a couple riffs from Dissection...yeah...you can't REAALLY tell. S'all good man. Saul Goodman."

I recall that Rune once posted two Pantera tracks that were similar to In Your Face & Punch Me I Bleed. Maybe he can post them again, don't know the names anymore.

Thank you everyone, also tell me if you think this intro sounds similar to the part before the Chorus of Are you dead yet: If this was picked the same way and distorted, I think they're pretty similar.

I recall that Rune once posted two Pantera tracks that were similar to In Your Face & Punch Me I Bleed. Maybe he can post them again, don't know the names anymore.

I can't find the In your face one, but the Punch Me I Bleed one is Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks.

Pantera was a huge influence on Hatecrew Deathroll. Sixpounder is basically Alexi turning "Walk" into a COB song. There's more pantera influences on this album but I can't think of them right now at work.

And if I remember correctly, lil bloodred was written primarily by Alexander?

Sixpounder is basically Alexi turning "Walk" into a COB song.
I'd say it's A New Level rather than Walk. Intro riffs are quite similar and Sixpounder's first bridge is nearly identical to A New Level's bridge/verse.

LOL oops, that's what I meant.. damn it's been a long time since I listened to Patnera.