Children of Bodom's borrowed riffs

the first 3 notes reminds Transference

this one reminds Roundrtip To Hell And Back

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys being serious or have you never ever written something yourself? That's how music works jeez, riffs 5% similar to each other being called "exactly the same", not sure if you're tone deaf or don't know that the major differs from the minor by 1 note, lolworthy thread. The guy above me, you do realize that RRF was published when Amorphis' album had been recorded already right? Apart from movie stuff, which has been confirmed by the band itself 100 times, and early albums classical riffs there are no rips.

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Are you guys being serious or have you never ever written something yourself? That's how music works jeez, riffs 5% similar to each other being called "exactly the same", not sure if you're tone deaf or don't know that the major differs from the minor by 1 note, lolworthy thread. The guy above me, you do realize that RRF was published when Amorphis' album had been recorded already right? Apart from movie stuff, which has been confirmed by the band itself 100 times, and early albums classical riffs there are no rips.

Notice how we turned away a lot of them, most aren't but there are few that ARE rip offs, and the thread is just about parts that are similar anyway. If you've written anything yourself you'd know that the second you come up with a song even remotely similar to a song you know, you can recognize that instantly. And I promise you that there's plenty of people who know the difference between major and minor and much more than that, almost everyone here is a musician.

And the person talking about RRF said they REMIND him of them, he in no way said they're rip-offs. Anyway, we're both on a Bodom forum here so there isn't any need to argue, let bygones be bygons. :wave:

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
The Te Lubesc thing by Alina Sorescu is like a 2002 song and Follow the reaper was released in 2000 and something wild in 1997. So they didnt ''borrow'' that riff. Its a simple arpeggio on a common chord progression i'm pretty sure the pop artist didn't even copy CoB. I find the Triple Corpse Hammerblow and Ozzy things rather different.

for the Amorphis thing, soothsayer. 3 notes. yeah enough said, you dont borrow 2 intervals.

for the my enemy one. the feel is similar but its not the same intervals at all.

As far as I know, the CoB members dont listen to metal all that much so I don't see them being influenced by Death metal bands. Dissection is a notorious exception because its a band that Alexi Laiho already said he listened to.

Shovel Knockout intro... this is done in 2009. They say it's the same as Puritania by Dimmu Borgir, but they don't know it's much more similar to SKO. Maybe these guys mimiced the drum pattern from Dimmu and Bodom mimiced from them... Honestly it's probably just a basic comp, and how would COB copy a shit comp from a totally unknown band.

God that is probably the worst vocalist I've ever heard in my life hahaha, anyway yeah it's closer to SKO than Puritania but I don't really think any of them tried mimicing the other

I think it's closer to Puritania, especially with the faint static at the beginning. I happen to like that band, but the vocals are seriously inaccessible.

I have black metal(namely early Burzum) to thank for that.

Shovel Knockout intro... this is done in 2009. They say it's the same as Puritania by Dimmu Borgir, but they don't know it's much more similar to SKO. Maybe these guys mimiced the drum pattern from Dimmu and Bodom mimiced from them... Honestly it's probably just a basic comp, and how would COB copy a shit comp from a totally unknown band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOX1al86h_Y

well then BBT intro is totally Carcass' hit

Yeah but Carcass sucks balls (imo).

oh my god......
usually i agree with you about that cob shoul be more athmosperical and shit but with this you couldnt me more wrong.

like hitler. he had couple of good ideas about raising economy and stuff but he was nazi so basicly all he said or done was wrong even if didnt include killing jews.

like hitler. he had couple of good ideas about raising economy and stuff but he was nazi so basicly all he said or done was wrong even if didnt include killing jews.

Jews did 9.11, holocaust is a lie and Hitler did nothing wrong.

I think there have been many threads like this...

This intro influenced Bed of Razors I believe and Tie My Rope starts 1:11

The most of you maybe knowes this one

1:16 RTHAB

The Album was released in 2013.

Well, Slave To The Grind and BBM also have similar rhytm for the vocals part, and the drumms are also very simmilar, if not the same, which can't be said for Anihilator song :p