Children of Bodom's borrowed riffs

Didn't notice it at first but now I think the drums are effectively the same (annihilator - skid row that is :D)

Children of Bodom borrowed riff could also mean riff taken FROM CoB, right? If yes, I don't know if this was ever shared before. But I don't need to comment, it speaks for itself.

Can't even think of Lake Bodom chorus... the intro is a classic and the vocals are good, but otherwise forgettable song.

I still can't believe that guy can legally have Children of Decadence stolen and get money and fame for it. It makes me angry every time, like the lowest low ever. And he probably gets laid for it.

Not CoB, but still related...

Sinergy - The Sin Trade ----> Simplified version of "Technical Difficulties"

Hey guys, long time follower and fan of this thread and topic in general. I'm here to add my 2 observations:

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Triple Corpse Hammer Blow (2003) - the bridge (1:38) and the outro (3:52) are identical to ANNIHILATOR - The Box (1994) - at (3:16)

CHILDREN OF BODOM - In Your Face (2005) - the intro (0:00) sounds similar to GODSMACK - Awake (2000) - The Bridge (2:35)

Not sure if this has been picked up on before but does anybody else see huge similarities between the solos in hate crew death roll and Megadeth - Hangar 18?
Some riff similarities too

1:27 -> sounds like basis for the verse and bridge of Roundtrip (for coincidence or not I don't care.) It's one of Hypocrisy's better songs so obviously Alexi has jammed to these. The intro of this song is of course reminiscent of Banned from Heaven (not the guitar section you hear this guy play). It was of course around the time Alexi was supposed to play a tour with Hypocrisy but it was cancelled in the final moment (official story says they had passport issues, but I wouldn't be surprised it if had to do with hardcore fans not wanting a "mainstream" metal face to play for their adored band.)

Last edited:
Sometimes they sound like Power Metal or Metallica but they are Metal so that is kind of normal am supposing.

While i'm watching arab got talents program, i found out someone whistling some neo classical part from hatebreeder song (check the 12:09 >> 12:24 )

Idk if I hear many similarities between Hangar 18 and Hatecrew Deathroll though I'm sure they're there, I just can't pinpoint them and that Mozart piece was mentioned near the beginning of the thread.
I think that Barflare song is meant to be an homage tbh
Anyone have anything else?

0:14
0:12

Bodom released in 1999 and Nightwish in 2000

As a fun fact Janne used to play the bless the child intro as an intro to sixpounder in 2004

Not a scoop and I'm sure it's already pointed out:
Sixpounder is a tribute to the Pantera song 'a new level'.
Same style heavy mid-tempo chromatic main riff, and then the verse is also a play on the original verse.
Alexi has said several times that he was listening to Pantera during HCDR/AYDY era.
They used to cover 'Fucking Hostile' live with Sinergy (link on the live vid thread) in ~2002, which is on the same album.

Reactions: rj rl