Chimaira "Impossibility of Reason" guitar tone

Just curious, did you use the 6505 settings Rob Arnold posted on his website?

This is one of my favourite guitar tones ever, too! I've actually been talking to Rob Arnold about it the last few days! I started chatting to him on Facebook and he was kind enough to answer my questions and even take a pic of the cab they used.

What I love about the album tone is how much grit it's got in it, but it's not unmusical. It's a very useful type of fizz, and that helps it cut through whilst giving it a huge amount of weight behind it.

IIRC, Rob was using an unboosted 5150 II, and Matt was using a boosted 5150. I personally can't get that kind of tight grit out of my 6534+, it seems to have too much airiness in the mids, I wonder if post-processing was the culprit for that on the album? I can get a closer tone with the JVM410, believe it or not! :\

Mooch: I didn't use the settings that Rob posted and from what I remember my buddy Tony (who was an engineer on that album) said that the guitars apparently were re-amped. I ended up doing Pre: 7 Bass: 7 Middle: 1 Treble:7 Res and Pres at 5 to get the tone.