Choosing bands which don't comment on religion?

Adam19842004

New Metal Member
Apr 26, 2013
Hi. I'm a heavey metal fan, but I've also recently become a Christian, so I have a problem. I want to keep listening to metal but I don't want to listen to songs which spesifically insult Christians/God, or say that God doesn't exist. I don't mind songs which are a little anti-religious, like Slipknot, but bands that constantly write lyrics about how much they hate Christians annoy me. Can anyone recomend some bands to me that aren't spesifically anti-religious? :worship:

P.S. I'm not asking this in order to start a disscussion about religion. You are entitled to your own opinion. I know looking for a metal band which isn't interested in being anti-religious is like looking for a piece of hay in a massive stack of needles, but please treat this question seriously. Thanks.

And God spake the words:

"Thoust shall learn the Queen's English and thoust shall spell it correctly or be damned to eternal fire by one thousand times the might of one thousand suns".

And also "Thoust shall listen to the metals heavy and thoust shall not be offended in any way by any words spaketh against thy father lest he be the rider of a girl's bicycle".

I think you will find there are way more bands that do not attack Christians/God than there are that do attack them (well, unless you start jumping into full on black metal...).

So that said, I wouldn't worry too much and a lot of it will be "learn as you go". I also am a Christian and don't care to listen to explicit satan/lucifer stuff - but I can listen to King Diamond (one of my all time favs) and treat it more as story telling than worship.

Recently become Christian and you're so worried about this. That itself is strange really. Might as well give the whole genre of power metal a try. Next to no anti Christianity there at all and even some Christian bands that are passable.

Inb4 guys start posting nunslaughter and profanatica and the like.

When you grow in your faith, this won't be a problem, so I suggest just focusing on heavy metal/power metal or something for now and in a few months you'll probably realize like I did that God won't damn you to hell for listening to Profanatica and Deicide.

Hi. I'm a heavey metal fan, but I've also recently become a Christian, so I have a problem. I want to keep listening to metal but I don't want to listen to songs which spesifically insult Christians/God, or say that God doesn't exist. I don't mind songs which are a little anti-religious, like Slipknot, but bands that constantly write lyrics about how much they hate Christians annoy me. Can anyone recomend some bands to me that aren't spesifically anti-religious? :worship:

P.S. I'm not asking this in order to start a disscussion about religion. You are entitled to your own opinion. I know looking for a metal band which isn't interested in being anti-religious is like looking for a piece of hay in a massive stack of needles, but please treat this question seriously. Thanks.

Well if your looking for secular music:

If your looking for Christian music:

Last edited by a moderator: