Christian Metal

Does Christian lyrical content matter to you?

• Not in the least bit.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • If the music is good, I'll look past it.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Are you kidding? Its bullshit!

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
What the fuck!! First of all, satanism and Asatru are both outlooks on life!! Not enslavements to a religion... It´s a personal view without rules set by a 2000 year old man! Satanism is not counter-christianism.. Satan means "Opposive" in latin, and to say that a satanist believe in satan as a god-form, and not as the power in nature and beings as they do, -is the same as saying that an ateist believes in a god named Ate!!!! That is of course bullshit, and I would apreciate if people who dont know shit about would shut the hell up... Let christians speak of what they dont know about!!

The purpose of satanism is to incarnate the spiritual powers in man, and awake the slumbing desires, that will complete the material life... Nothing more or less.. The demon-names used, are of symbolic meanings, and is not to be believed in, in the same way as the christian Jehovah!

Asatru is a bit more complex, and I dont wanna write about it, since no one have posted lies about it so far...

According to the topic, I agree in that christian metal is a contradiction in terms, which by the way, is a nice way to put it:)
Christians are not christians if they celebrate aggressivity and brutality.. It´s against the biblician philosophy, so they are fake to both their religion and the scene!!!

"Take your life, be a true christian" - Glen Benton of Deicide

NP: Node - "No Title, No Bible"

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
What the fuck!! First of all, satanism and Asatru are both outlooks on life!! Not enslavements to a religion... It´s a personal view without rules set by a 2000 year old man!

Hmmm...every "viewpoint"on life has rules, no matter what. If you believe in the power of nature, so be it, but don't be so blind as to say there are no rules in Satanism and Asatru. If that were true, everybody would cease to truly believe in Satanism and Asatru, and Atheism for that matter

Satanism is not counter-christianism.. Satan means "Opposive" in latin, and to say that a satanist believe in satan as a god-form, and not as the power in nature and beings as they do, -is the same as saying that an ateist believes in a god named Ate!!!!

In my experience, "counter" and "Opposive" mean exactly the same thing. So yes, Satanism IS counter- Christianity.

And yes, some satanists DO believe in Satan, and worship him.

That is of course bullshit, and I would apreciate if people who dont know shit about would shut the hell up...

THen you should shut the hell up

The purpose of satanism is to incarnate the spiritual powers in man, and awake the slumbing desires, that will complete the material life... Nothing more or less.. The demon-names used, are of symbolic meanings, and is not to be believed in, in the same way as the christian Jehovah!

That is up to the individual to decide what he/she would like to believe in

Asatru is a bit more complex, and I dont wanna write about it, since no one have posted lies about it so far...
Yourself included.

According to the topic, I agree in that christian metal is a contradiction in terms, which by the way, is a nice way to put it:)
Christians are not christians if they celebrate aggressivity and brutality.. It´s against the biblician philosophy, so they are fake to both their religion and the scene!!!

This is where any credibility you built up goes to shit. You obviously know about satanism, but don't know diddly when it comes to Christianity.

Are you actually saying that if a Christian listens to heavy metal, he ceases being a Christian. :lol: It is a person's actions that define who he is, not what music he listens to. If I were to act upon the aggressive nature of the music and go "rape a girl with a knife" or "burn churches to the ground because I'm evil", THEN I would be going against my religion. SImply listening to good music is not a sin. And if it were, all I need to do is ask forgiveness.

BTW, who gives a fuck if I'm "fake to the scene". It's just a bunch of social miscreant wannabes. I listen for the enjoyment of music. Not to try to be evil and different, because society didn't accept me. Bleh

Extreme music is just that. MUSIC. It's not an image. You want image, go hang out at the mall with all the other abercrombie kids.

I'm sure when Fenriz is working at the post office he still has on all his corpsepaint. Because if he doesn't, then he is "fake to the scene". POSER

"Take your life, be a true christian" - Glen Benton of Deicide

Wasn't Glen Benton suppose to kill himself at age 33 because it was an evil thing to do. I guess he's fake to the metal scene. POSER!

BOOYA ;)

Hmmm...every "viewpoint"on life has rules, no matter what.

... nihilism...

"And yes, some satanists DO believe in Satan, and worship him."

... and some Christians celebrate the death of homosexuals. Point being?

"That is up to the individual to decide what he/she would like to believe in"

Yes... just as much as its the individual's choice whether to support, like, or respect said people.

"It is a person's actions that define who he is, not what music he listens to. If I were to act upon the aggressive nature of the music and go "rape a girl with a knife" or "burn churches to the ground because I'm evil", THEN I would be going against my religion. SImply listening to good music is not a sin. And if it were, all I need to do is ask forgiveness."

So you're a Christian? Oh... that explains it all.

Funny... I thought what made Christians who they are is their belief that Jesus Christ died for your sins, and we are all God's children...

Apparantly, the rules of the church regarding life on Earth are what REALLY matters. :Smug:

"BTW, who gives a fuck if I'm "fake to the scene". It's just a bunch of social miscreant wannabes. I listen for the enjoyment of music. Not to try to be evil and different, because society didn't accept me. Bleh"

Then, pray tell, why are you here? Furthermore, what defines 'different?' What defines 'normal?' Isn't that all subjective? Pull your head out of your ass.

"Extreme music is just that. MUSIC. It's not an image. You want image, go hang out at the mall with all the other abercrombie kids."

Underneath metal is a general philosophy... if you listen to the music without at least recognizing the presence of that message (though you are not required to subscribe to it), you are a poser.

You're coming off as an Abercrombie kid to me...

Then again, I could care less what clothes you wear: I know of at least one preppy that probably knows more metal than you do.

"I'm sure when Fenriz is working at the post office he still has on all his corpsepaint. Because if he doesn't, then he is "fake to the scene". POSER"

Darkthrone shunned their corpsepaint because the idea of it was bastardized by faggots like Cradle of Filth and Dark Funeral.

Satanism Nihilism

Read up before you make yourself look like a dumbass again.

Originally posted by The Deathrace King

... nihilism...

still has rules

... and some Christians celebrate the death of homosexuals. Point being?

My point wasn't talking to you. Was it? And it's quite clear what my point it. If it goes over your head, maybe you need to grow up.

Yes... just as much as its the individual's choice whether to support, like, or respect said people.

Yeah. So. You think I'm after respect? I'm a name to you, you're a name to me. Nothing more. Whooptie fucking do.

So you're a Christian? Oh... that explains it all.

Funny... I thought what made Christians who they are is their belief that Jesus Christ died for your sins, and we are all God's children...

Apparantly, the rules of the church regarding life on Earth are what REALLY matters. :Smug:

Dumbest. Post. Ever.

Then, pray tell, why are you here? Furthermore, what defines 'different?' What defines 'normal?' Isn't that all subjective? Pull your head out of your ass.

It's a public forum, right? Thought so. Pull your head out of your ass along with that dildo

Underneath metal is a general philosophy... if you listen to the music without at least recognizing the presence of that message (though you are not required to subscribe to it), you are a poser.

Fair enough. I don't look the part, but I do respect it.

You're coming off as an Abercrombie kid to me...

Second. Dumbest. Post. Ever.

Then again, I could care less what clothes you wear: I know of at least one preppy that probably knows more metal than you do.

So what? I bet I have a bigger dick. What's your point?

Read up before you make yourself look like a dumbass again.

wow. witty. :rolleyes:

still has rules

Not at all. Again, read up.

"My point wasn't talking to you. Was it? And it's quite clear what my point it. If it goes over your head, maybe you need to grow up. "

You said that some Satanists worship the devil: My point was valid. As you'll later say, this is a public forum.

"Yeah. So. You think I'm after respect? I'm a name to you, you're a name to me. Nothing more. Whooptie fucking do."

You're missing the point. I don't expect you to care that I think you're a piece of shit... I'm just saying that vocalizing that is my perogative.

"It's a public forum, right? Thought so. Pull your head out of your ass along with that dildo"

:cry: OMGz tht hurt me plz stop rite now b4 i cry irl

"So what? I bet I have a bigger dick. What's your point?
wow. witty. :rolleyes: "

Anyone else see the irony in this? :lol:

I just thought it was funny that since I think you're a piece of shit, I'm automatically labeled a misathrope. In fact, I can't think of one other person on this board that I ever looked down on or got into an argument with. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I have better things to do...

Originally posted by The Deathrace King
I just thought it was funny that since I think you're a piece of shit, I'm automatically labeled a misathrope. In fact, I can't think of one other person on this board that I ever looked down on or got into an argument with. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I have better things to do...

Well, I've gotten into many arguments with many different members. I could care less if a sixteen year old thinks I'm a piece of shit.

BTW, you called yourself a misanthrope on your journal. Read up

I have better things to do as well. :)

Religions will bring the Armageddon ... Choose between the good or evil side. I choose evil. The most evil on this planet are in humans no one else. Yea i´m misantrophic... Christians are the cause of this shitworld where living in !!!

Originally posted by Son Of Sin
Christians are the cause of this shitworld where living in !!!

How do you justify that? Christianity is only the dominant religion in Western Society. Go to Japan and tell them how Christianity is ruining the world. See if they agree.

I don't know about news where you're from, but in America the main concern for global conflict at this time is coming from the middle east and terroists in general. Every threat to my society is coming from Islam extremists. Is it Christianities fault that Osama bin Laden hates the U.S.? No! He hates all free-thinking societies.:rolleyes:

well.....if you hate Christianity cuz its a religion shouldn't you hate Islam, Hindus, Buddist, and all those...? Lots of their ideals are the same as Christianitys....:)

Originally posted by npearce
Deathrace King: Saying Satanism is one single philosophy or religion or set of ideas is like saying Christians all believe the same thing or have the same rituals. I think you shuld read up as well. Here's some links for you:

http://www.luciferian.com/

http://www.satanicchurch.com/

http://www.churchoflucifer.org/

http://www.satannet.com/

If you're still confused, I'll see if I can't find a few more.

Maybe I worded it poorly, but I meant that Satanism (as in LaVey'ian) is more of a series of philosophies than a religion.

I never doubted that there were more forms of Satanism than LaVey's.

It's my understanding that different types of satanists get pissed off when you lump them all into one category. These Christian Metal threads always get people in a big uproar. I haven't seen a good argument in the GMD forum for a while.

Somebody else should throw some wood on the fire . . .