Christian Metal

Does Christian lyrical content matter to you?

• Not in the least bit.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • If the music is good, I'll look past it.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Are you kidding? Its bullshit!

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
I thought this was about christian MUSIC, not christianity....anyway I don't really care if bands sing about whatever they feel. Personally I am a christian, but I do not like all christian music....and I don't dislike all non-christian music. Anyway....Living Sacrifice is awesome....East West is good.....other chrisitan bands that I think are okay....hmmm not a lot of them, 3rd Root is kinda cool.

Anyway....TESTAMENT RULES ! ! ! !

Later all.....

After browsing about, I came across this on Anus.com...

"Metal exists as a form of art in music, one which hopes to communicate the unusual and profound through mundane means, and as such aspires to be the form of expression which communicates a connection of human beings to life in all of its forms. Where normal "entertainment" seeks to create a circular pathway of concentration to fill time, art seeks to open a route through whatever exists to something more relevant to the valuation of being alive.

Some thoughts on art: first, art seeks to communicate. Second, it does not communicate through speaking a predetermined truth, but lures the user toward finding his or her own conclusions through presentation of metaphor, or situations which mirror life in the abstract through pattern similarities. These scenarios, presented in much the same way that we live, provide a space for contemplation of value as it exists through motivation and decision, rather than through acceptance of an external standard to which all internal thought is conformed.

For this reason, art has been at odds with society for several millenia (and perhaps longer) at this point in history. Where social control, power, and law/religion rest in concepts of necessity and the individual's need for external affirmation, art confronts the accepted vision of reality with fantasy, innovation, and a creative interpretation of events that allows the user to see a connection between cause and effect which does not lie in a necessary but potential value system. Art opposes the fatalism of deterministic and self-limiting behaviors, and espouses the idea that there is a logic to our actions from which we can find truth in varied forms.

Christianity and Judaism, in particular, have for centuries opposed any art which does not "agree" with their linearizations of human thought: their politics, and most of all, their insistence that humans are powerless in the face of a gOD who in his omnipotence predicts the outcome of all events, and therefore that humans must accept the way existence has been observed as necessary and find a method of coping. These philosophies do nothing for the individual or the group but speak a clear fear of death; their goal is to control through translating complex needs into single points of action.

Since the dawn of metal, there have been imitators, and none are more cowardly than those who attempt to take the philosophy of value in nothingness and freedom in a lack of allegiance to necessary ideas and convert it to an obedience to "necessary principles" such as the omnipotence of gOD or a moral authority. "Christian metal" dons the skin of metal music in order to preach the same authoritarian mental loop from which metal has aspired to break through its foundational and continued value systems and philosophies. Where metal speaks a complexity of life and a value in fantasy, "Christian metal" preaches what _must_ be done and the salvation of giving up one's autonomy for the favor of an omnipotent gOD.

In this context, the metal fan of today can see how the values of "Christian metal" run contrary to the values of freedom and enjoyment of life central to metal. If one is to accept the logical proposition that all communication has an intent, but the intent that is not to control but to explain is art, one can even see "Christian metal" as being entirely separate from art - demanding obedience to a singularity, it is political control and not artistic expression.

You can strengthen the genre of metal by resisting this form of social control in form of boycotts, public awareness of its true intention, and a refusal to accept it as metal. If it is played on the radio, call in to speak the truth about its agenda. If a friend plays it on a stereo, speak out against the controlling mindset of the music. If someone tells you that it's "open-minded" to accept music that attempts to destroy the philosophies of the genre to which it theoretically belongs, tell them that art does not reprogram human souls toward giving in to a fear of death, and that true metal will liberate them from their fear of existence."

Originally posted by Son Of Sin
i hate every religion except one. And thats Asatro. All the other religions today are political and crap

For fucks sake,SHUT UP.
Goddamn.I'm not even religious and you annoy me.Why dont you read a book and stop watching "End Of Days" to get your spiritual satisfaction.
Loser.

Just a question, if your truely misanthropic, are you not doing a massacistic thing by talking in forums?

and stupidity is a thing that only us humans have, from reading what i read above it seems you all chose to embrace stupidity

<esoteric - esoteric emotions, the death of ignorence

@ DeathraceKing: Thanx for taking up the argument with Dreamlord:)

@Dreamlord: To me it seems like you´re provoking to fight verbal with forummembers.. Anyways, your statements are silly, and I dont wanna waste further time on you.. DeathraceKing made a point in my place too...

NP: The Crown - "(I Am) Hell"

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
[B

@Dreamlord: To me it seems like you´re provoking to fight verbal with forummembers.. Anyways, your statements are silly, and I dont wanna waste further time on you [/B]

:rolleyes:

Can someone name a Christian metal band? I know KIng's X, and that is about it- Vanden Plas had a very good christian inspired album- the GOd Thing. Yet these are the only two bands I know of that have even included non heretical christian lyrics.

Originally posted by speed
Can someone name a Christian metal band? I know KIng's X, and that is about it- Vanden Plas had a very good christian inspired album- the GOd Thing. Yet these are the only two bands I know of that have even included non heretical christian lyrics.

P.O.D!!!!!!!

I kid.But really,Living Sacrifice are cool but they have a hardcore influence scattered throughout.
Also,Darkthrone are pretty well known for their dedication to the word of Christ.Check them out.

I dont mind Christian lyrics - I happen to prefer something that has some thought behind it, while I avoid anything with overtly satanic bollocks passing for lyrics. Fave overtly Christian band is Saviour Machine, but I like the slightly less up front stuff from Vanden Plas, Threshold etc.

If you wanna discuss Christian Metal bands, I can suggest

The Saviour Machine - recommended listening board - unfortunately populated by confused american goths. Therion and CoF are amongst topics on there

http://www.saviourmachine.com/board/?topic=topic4

There's a bit of a christian metal revival going on in the underground here in the UK. Unfortunately most of it is ghastly punk, alternametal crap

http://www.skankweb.co.uk/