Church of Australian Metal

I'd have to have Additive in the list, probably Armoured Angel and maybe Allegiance too

Their album Angel Of The Sixth Order is not quite as good as the Stigmartyr EP but it's still good.

Additive = Addictive badly spelt with one hand while eating dinner.

They were pretty busy in Sydney in their hey day. A lot of gigs and a decent following, supported Motorhead and Bob Daisley produced their second album Kick 'Em Hard. One of their members went on to the band Dungeon before they became Lord and I think two went into a late reincarnation of Mortal Sin. I also have some memory that one of them died and their was a huge tribute gig, but I could be wrong on that.

Apparently these guys were a Christian band(?) I picked this up last year. It was (re)released by Dark Symphonies (Dark Symphonies seem to release a fair amount of Aussie stuff, think they also released Persecution's demo stuff too). Actually enjoy this album but the main reason I picked it up was because it also included their demo when they went by Holy Rite.

this time I went back a few pages and didn't see any posts relating to these guys :p

@Slammed , Addictive are great. Big fan of both their albums.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG and Slammed
Apparently these guys were a Christian band(?) I picked this up last year. It was (re)released by Dark Symphonies (Dark Symphonies seem to release a fair amount of Aussie stuff, think they also released Persecution's demo stuff too). Actually enjoy this album but the main reason I picked it up was because it also included their demo when they went by Holy Rite.

Christian gore if there is such a thing :)
There was quite a few Christian related bands picked up by Rowe Productions, or publicised by Rowe Productions. Rowe Productions being Steve Rowe of Mortification so there is a chance that Dark Symphonies have done an international deal with Rowe to get some of the aussie stuff a US release.

@Slammed , Addictive are great. Big fan of both their albums.

There were a great band. I don't think there is a month that goes by that Kick 'Em Hard doesn't get played around here.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher

Pretty cool Aussie Gothic/Doom band I found at a local music store for like a dollar. Apparently the drummer at this point was in Mournful Congregation. Great riffs!

Really weird Aussie sludge/stoner death metal CiG showed me years ago.

Chalice aren't a band I'm into but I was listening to Pod People the other day, they aren't bad, don't seem to have done much though.

Chalice aren't a band I'm into but I was listening to Pod People the other day, they aren't bad, don't seem to have done much though.

They didn't last very long if I recall. They had a few releases, and hardly anyone posts their stuff on YouTube. Very downer.

Chalice had to grow on me. Glad I found Mournful Congregation through them, however .

I feel like if they were from anywhere but Australia they would have blown up ,because of the European/American Gothic Metal stuff.

Edit: They remind me of a diet My Dying Bride with a female singer.

Chalice had to grow on me. Glad I found Mournful Congregation through them, however .

Yeah I don't know what it was about Chalice I never really got into them. It could be not listening to them enough but at the same time I don't tend to listen to heaps of gothic/doom stuff and when I do it's more often the same regular bands like Electric Wizard or The Obsessed etc.

Genres, sub genres, sub sub genres and sub sub sub genres shit me I'll listen to doom when I feel like it but not the rest of the stuff :p

I can't stomach much Electric Wizard these days, but all the clone bands are way fucking worse. Witchsorrow for example.

Although I guess I'd take Witchsorrow over current Electric Wizard these days, the fuck happened to them?

I have moments of Electric Wizard. One album at a time over several weeks and only their early albums is about the best I can manage. I couldn't listen to them solidly, but in the right mood and I do like their stuff.

I still like Dopethrone and Let Us Prey, but I agree about the latest one, I was disappointed when that came out, it had a good build up and didn't deliver.

The one before it stunk too I thought. Just so damn boring and pedestrian, I think Jus is broken down and smoked out at this point. Fat lazy hippies tend to be terribly inconsistent musicians.