Church of Australian Metal

I feel like this is all of EW except those early releases.
I purchased Time to Die from that store, then brought it back for a refund the day after

Its so sad because they have proved in the past they could write killer riffs. That and their female guitarist is damn hot. But I guess thats all they got going for them now.

Maybe you can really only stay shrouded in doom for so long before it starts effecting your ability to do things.

Was listening to these guys yesterday.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth doing the Fates Warning Poll.
Not sure if I'm the only metal head that has never listened to them but I'm not overly impressed with what I have heard so far. It's not shit but it's nothing earth shattering either. So far (and I'm willing to allow my mind to be changed) it appears to me their longevity to the metal world is worth more than their music. Maybe i'm not in the right mood to be listening to them :)

I'm not sold on the singer, some of the music is as good as any of the time but the singer just doesn't appear like he's trying. Maybe he gets better as the albums go on.

I listened to Night on Brocken and now listening to Spectre Within

Starting from the start, makes sense. For me they don't really become the band I love until No Exit in 1988, which is also when their original singer leaves and they get a new (and their best IMO) singer and then go on to create some of the best 1990's metal I've ever heard.

I haven't checked out Taramis' second album but I hear it's Australia's answer to Fates Warning.

I thought NOB had a real good 80's feel to it with some good drums and riffs but it wasn't excellent, maybe that was the vocals along, I'm not entirely sure. Will be interested to hear the second singer.

On any of the polls I choose to do my plan is to listen to them in chronological order once and then go back if needed. I'll get through FW whether I take anything more from it other than a ranking for the poll I wont know until the end.

Awaken the Guardian should be mind-blowing compared to the first two. Not because the first two aren't good but because it's about as good as metal gets.