Church of Australian Metal

Dragonsclaw: Power metal from New South Wales.

Convent Guilt: Heavy Metal

Elm Street: Heavy Metal that sounds better than the name suggests but not every song is that good.

I dunno if this has been posted on this site before, I just remembered it today. Couchman heavy metal suicide special on the ABC from 1991 with Necrotomy playing live on the show, haha. Every metalhead in Melbourne watched this on tv when it was on. I taped it and still have it on VHS somewhere.

I haven't rewatched it all yet but there's plenty of gold on here from memory. Lots of metal scene people and community radio heads in the audience also.

Think it was CIG that posted Grandma a few weeks ago.

It's good to see them getting a re-release, doesn't appear they have done much since reforming.

That is a cool album, the follow up is not as quite as good but it's close.
I've got Endangered Species on LP, Sons Of Steel on CD and 10 years ago I was gifted a copy of the Sons Of Steel movie on DVD signed by Rob Hartely, Gary Keady and Jeff Duff.

Reactions: CiG

Went through a box looking for something and randomly came across this band's CD-r.
Grungy sludge metal with some decent death metal riffs here and there. Anybody ever check these guys out?

Nup never heard of them, but I was listening to Hazmat and Hellbringer before, both are pretty good

Top 10 favourite Australian metal albums:

1. The Wizar'd - Infernal Wizardry
2. Sacriphyx - The Western Front
3. Alchemist - Jar of Kingdom
4. Psycroptic - The Isle of Disenchantment
5. Shackles - Traitors' Gate
6. StarGazer - The Scream That Tore the Sky
7. Vomitor - Bleeding the Priest
8. Deströyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves
9. Black Majesty - Sands of Time
10. Convent Guilt - Guns for Hire

Reactions: Slammed
There is some good stuff there.
My list would definitely look different to that but I'd have to give it a fair bit of thought. Finding some good, some bad and some forgotten stuff amongst the shit I'm going through and there is quite a bit I'd forgotten even existed.