Church of Australian Metal

I've no comment on Tasmanians, I'm related to some, but I don't mind that song.

Reactions: CiG
I'm going through my lists of stuff which I've been sent, or told about and starting at A these guys are one of the first.
I probably should have looked through the thread to see if they were posted too save double ups.

Talon and Teeth is a pretty damn good opener to a debut album and for the most part Salvation Like Destruction is a killer debut.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
At times I think both are a little hard to take. It seems like the vocalist in both bands pushes it a bit hard at times and it doesn't always pay off, but both play pretty darn fast with some killer riffing and blasting drum beats.

Some of the song titles from Atomizer are more interesting that the lyrics and the album The Only Weapon of Choice - 13 Odes to Power, Decimation and Conquest doesn't really roll off the tongue that well, but I suppose it's not going to be mixed up with too many other album titles.

There is only a few songs (from each) that I think the vocals ruin but there is always the skip button when there is songs that don't work

Symphonic power metal from Brisbane.
These guys aren't too bad but some of the songs drag on a bit too much for me (although that's true for a lot of the genre)

Can't say I was a huge fan of these guys, the music isn't bad but the vocalist doesn't do much for me but in the spirit of Aussie metal someone who hasn't heard of them might like them.

Australian Symphonic Power Metal. Typical of most SPM bands they have long songs, power and plenty of riffing. Probably more for fans of bands like Dream Theater etc.

Apparently these guys are still signed to a label since a revival of some sort a few years ago.
I've still got a cassette of these guys only full length album In The Blood.
MA list them as Heavy Metal but I remember as being a lot closer to cock rock with less make up. They used to put on some good shows but that was a long time ago and I have no idea how many originals are left in the band, if any.

Now this is a bit better.
Blackened Angel. According to MA one of the current members is Tim Lord from the bands Lord and Dungeon (who also have their own section here on UM).