Church of Australian Metal

Give the song a shot it’s brutal, groovy, technical and has evil atmosphere what’s not to like

This is deathcore too but it’s actually fast as fuck for the most part while being melodic and heavy at the same time, there is a breakdown but it’s awesome cuz it provides that sudden oh shit moment

Not sure exactly what category these guys fit in. They are okay I suppose but I wouldn't call the entire album great, in fact some of it's a bit too cheesy. But it's alright I guess and the artwork isn't too bad. Prick of a name to search google for though.

Angus McDeath has his moments. The Great Horned Beast is fucking terrible. Storm Maker is better and has some good riffs on it but it's far from a classic and Evil Empire is the same, too much average not enough great.

No idea where the name came from but Metal claim to be 'old school balls to the wall heavy metal'. They do a pretty good imitation of old school metal, it's listenable and not entirely cringe worthy. I'm not sure if I'd buy it or not but listening to it wasn't a chore. If that at all describes Manilla Road I guess that's where the name could have come from but I don't listen to MR so I'm going to assume the name is some link to the old school metal days.

Angus McDeath has his moments. The Great Horned Beast is fucking terrible. Storm Maker is better and has some good riffs on it but it's far from a classic and Evil Empire is the same, too much average not enough great.

You'd go that far? Man I don't feel so negatively about his shit at all. It's good fucking fun, like a musically-worse-but-just-as-charming Australian version of Piledriver, has the vibe of a fake bedroom band trying to add something to the Venom/Bathory subgenre of black/heavy metal.

This song is hilarious and fun:

And then this one just utterly fucking rules to me:

I still haven't heard his latest though so can't comment on that.

Reactions: Slammed
The lyrical content has some humour to it and the fact that the first two albums are 20 years old means he pre-dates a lot of the piss poor musos that jumped on the band wagon of writing silly lyrics. I think Storm Maker actually shows decent progression (which I guess it should given the 20 years between albums two and three) and I think for that reason it's easier to listen to. But for me Angus McDeath is like the Danzig of Australian metal. Has some good music but hides it behind average lyrics that seem to be written to create a talking point.

Speaking of trash/groove/death (which we weren't but my time is impeccable)

2 albums and one that looks like it's a remaking with extra tracks, it's not too bad but I'm thinking they are a carbon copy of some other band I can't think of right now.

Yeah but if I just turned my brain off and didn't look for something worthwhile in the music I was listening to I'd listen to Fates Warning and Manilla Road :p