Circa Survive meets.. Crabcore?

Yeah. The guitar tone isn't working at all for the Circa Esque part, but otherwise it is pretty awesome.

Honestly, you could get away with a less metal guitar tone, and use one tone for everything.

a) The mix sounds really good... b.) What the fuck is "crab"core?. I'd like to consider myself pretty hip to whats going on, but I've never heard that term...

It makes me think of Sleeping With Sirens at some points... really dig this man! Sweet song and sweet mix!

i really like this band. nice mix! apart from not digging the tone, i think it's pretty close to perfect for this band. well done

i really like the mix, especially the clean vocals. i wouldnt touch them, regardless what the band says.

just tell them you made it more raw, and they will think it sounds more raw haha

Great mix!!
Wanna share the guitarchain?

You know what the band is gonna say when you take the reverbs away, don't ya?

"It's too dry" :mad:

You nailed it. I took it down a bit and they were not digging that either.

Guess they're gonna have to live with what I gave them.

As a huge Circa follower, I didn't feel like this sounded anything like Circa haha. The vocals are so Pierce The Veil esque, like he's trying to appeal to 12 year old girls. Great punchy mix, some parts are a tad muddy though, and I thought the unce beat in the middle was a little choppy.

I really hate bitchy bands..

I sent this to them, and they hated it, because it sounds too "Mainstream".. What the fuck?

I mean... Not going to lie, I do enjoy their music, but to me it sounds pretty mainstream... They want NO verb/delay on the vocals.. Basically they want me to make the mix suck, and make sound a lot smaller.. I thought I did a good job on the chorus with creating some mad ambiance..

I feel like they don't know what they want.. They want it to sound raw, but their music is not that raw type of music.. In some spots it is, but in most, it's not..

i have to agree with them on the verb/delay on vocals.. (but I do like the verb on the sang/melodic parts!)

also, sometimes its just about making the client happy.. try to find out specifically what they dont like

minus the excessive verb/delay on vocals mix sounds great/clear to me. a lot of reverb on vocals on this style usually doesn't work so great since the vocals are supposed to be up front but the verb naturally puts everything more in the background..