Clark Kent Match EQ IR Collection!! (FREE ofcourse)

Very cool! Seems to be working just fine. :)

I'm wondering where that "phasy" sound came from... must be 44,1khz vs 48khz.

thank you clark. Is this something like voxengo curve eq?

Well I would say it's not comparable. Curve EQ has 30 EQ spots or was it 50? Ozone has thousands of EQ points. Not sure how many in Ozone 5 but Ozone 4 had around 16.000 :)

It's much much much much more accurate. It's almost sad to realize that guitar tones are like 90% about EQ spectrum.

Very cool! I just started using your match EQ tutorial to get me some Clayman tone, it works wonders!

Haha.. nice! It really works doesn't it? :)

Haha.. nice! It really works doesn't it? :)
Yeah! :) Only thing I noticed is that since the tone you're copying will already be mastered when you copy it, it might sound a bit overprocessed once you master the finished track if you apply extra EQ and stuff when mastering it. But I managed to get around that I think. It sure is an awesome and quick way to get some really nice tones!

Sure, you can't expect it to fit a mix perfectly straight out of the box. You can EQ the guitar track or if you don't want to sacrifice the tone, you can make other instruments fit the guitar track and that way it'll most likely work.

Yeah, it's still a great starting point. Just have to work around it a little.

I made this small clip today trying this technique, and I think it sounds pretty good. The rhythm guitars are Pod Farm match EQd to Bullet Ride(In Flames-Clayman), lead is just Pod Farm. Drums are AD and bass some free VST(I really want to get a real bass to record with soon...) I'm pretty new to mixing and AE in general so right now for me I like what I'm getting out of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who use the Killswitch Engage IR. It's from "My Curse" so you'll probably want to use a tubescreamer in front of the amp. (that's the way it was match EQ'd actually)

Benalthel, that mix sounds like In Flames for sure. In this mix the bass it messing things up. Basically I'd say the bass has too much bass. :) Sounds proper though.

this seems to work easier with metal and high gain tones. im trying to get a great rock/country pop sound using match eq and it proves to be more difficult. im getting there... it just takes more time and it doesnt exactly replicate the original tone. doesnt mean i cant get somethin usable.

Hey Clark

Check my test thru your impulses!!

using 7170 & 8505 with Lamb of god and Paramore Ignorance

do you have any masterplan IR???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that's sounding good. I never imagined these IRs would be used in this genre but they seem to be working. Dunno if the amp modeling passes as a real amp but other than that it's ok. :)

I don't know what masterplan is. :D

Lecab 2 can´t handle 48khz I suppose. It makes strange phazy sound from all of your IRs. How can i change these to 44khz easily? Album mentioned on every IR would be very nice! Thanks for these! :kickass:

Moi!

I guess Lecab won't work but you can use Voxengo Boogex which is also free. You can change 48khz to 44khz by opening the files in your DAW. In Cubase just press P which opens the "pool" and you can convert the files there. Another way would be to simply export them individually in a different khz-format.

Doh, I went through my presets and noticed that I had different settings in most of the patches. This is the most common patch chain. It's in 90% of all patches. Some have tubescreamers in front etc.

ClarkKentTH2Settings.jpg

yeah i converted them all down to 44.1 and there's a definite improvement. That seems to have cleared up the phaseyness.

@DaveBlack-a chance to upload it, would be cool, otherwise I am going to convert them myself :D
But afaik I would have to open them seperatly in Reaper and convert them one by one.

I'm trying to make IRs out of my match EQ'd tones but something is just not going right. Everything sounds fine in the DAW match EQ'd but I must be doing something wrong when making an IR out of it, because it just sounds like shit when I load the IR into LeCab (using the same settings on POD Farm that I used for the match EQ). Anyone know any usual stuff that I might be doing wrong? I followed both Clark Kents Match EQ+IR tutorials exactly but it still turns out shit. :erk:

I'm trying to make IRs out of my match EQ'd tones but something is just not going right. Everything sounds fine in the DAW match EQ'd but I must be doing something wrong when making an IR out of it, because it just sounds like shit when I load the IR into LeCab (using the same settings on POD Farm that I used for the match EQ). Anyone know any usual stuff that I might be doing wrong? I followed both Clark Kents Match EQ+IR tutorials exactly but it still turns out shit. :erk:

Did you remember to disable every live monitorings? That one has molested my brain more than the doctor described. Also remember to bypass every plugin but the match eq when exporting.

Those are my common mistakes :D