"Classical" metal

Heavance

OMG I'm stupid!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Hello all!!! I'd like to know if you could help me, I'm actually looking for bands mixing classical music or instruments with black metal or something like that (I fell in love with Dark Lunacy soon, for instance)
Thank you for your help and long life to metal!!!!! :headbang:

PS: I didn't see at all the threads yet, so maybe there is one speaking about the kind of music I search. If it is, can you give me the name pliz?

Draupnir - Black and Vicious
It's almost like they play classical music through black metal.

Comédie Macabre - Blasphemia
A rather unique band that mixes many genres including black metal. Check out their album Blasphemia.

Tyrant - Grimoires

And maybe something like:
Veneficium - De Occulta Philosophia - A Missae Tenebrae

I used to know of a bunch of bands, but those bands come to mind off the top of my head if you're looking for something more classical than just symphonic.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably arent gonna like either one...

But

Fleshgod Apocalypse
and
Scrambled Defuncts

play brutal death metal smashed with classical stuff... very unique sounding.

Hello all!!! I'd like to know if you could help me, I'm actually looking for bands mixing classical music or instruments with black metal or something like that

Do you listen to any symphonic black metal? Here are a few bands to check out. Also, Profanum is a great recommendation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2s7bDzgtPM&feature=related[/ame]

Are you interested in bands who mix the two but not necessarily in the same song? I.e. a black metal band that plays songs that are classical-style with no black metal? There's a lot of that. For example...

"Do you listen to any symphonic black metal?"
Well it depend, I usually like it but can't find other bands than the bigger, so.... (I try to look on the internet and youtube, for instance, but it's long and not always easy >.<)

"Are you interested in bands who mix the two but not necessarily in the same song? I.e. a black metal band that plays songs that are classical-style with no black metal?"
I'm used to see bands who make exceptionally one beautiful classical song, and all the other tunes as they always do, with only black or heavy metal (for example), but if you know other bands who often make classical songs and not only one or two in their whole career, I'm interested ;)

To everybody : I started to look a bit deeper the bands you've quoted, most of them sounds pretty good, thank you very much!

PS :pliz scuse me for my english and my strange expressions, and for my ignorance in the world of metal too...

They aren't a "classical" band, but Believer's Dimensions closes with a twenty minute Christian symphonic progressive thrash epic, something you won't find in really any other thrash band.

Symphonic Black Metal is pretty much garbage, but than again majority of Black Metal is.

Dornenreich in general is just great.

Ummmmmmmmm to the OP hard to say, it's rare to find metal that mixes well with classical without sounding stupid, bad or cheesy. If you like WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD then I would definitely suggest the big budget bands like Rhapsody or Blind Guardian.

Hello to everyone,
i have to say the best band to ever mix classical/orchestral music with metal is the band EBONYLAKE from England, it truly is disturbing and chaotic, you wont find typical melodic BM with strings over the top, this is how Pendereki or Prokovfiev would have written metal.
They released an album on Cacophonous Records back in 1997 and it is truly breathtaking - forget any classical black metal you've heard before and check out their myspace site (give the first track a skip its just a demo). http://www.myspace.com/ebonylakeofficialuk

Hey!!!
Thank you all for your help, it's nice to see that we can have some musical recommandations so easily. I've started to listen a lot of bands, they all seem to sound good, so thank you very much (Did I say it before?) and... And that's all.