Cleveland show (11/6) roll call

i'm making the 10 hour journey from minnesota to catch this show. normally, i would've just went to see nevermore and opeth in chicago last week, but since they had to make it that much better by adding into eternity, it's a no-brainer. we'll be at the holiday inn by the h.o.b. on saturday and sunday night, so all you into eternity guys better saddle up cuz the sagan brothers are coming through one more time for some carnage!! can't fuckin' wait!!

I was at the show and I must say I wasn't that impressed. One of my friends has a CD of their's and I listened to a few songs before going and enjoyed them. I guess they just didn't come across that well live to me.

AuditoryDemise said:
it's all good... glad you gave them a try though!

I mean, I still like them from the songs that I've heard and I'll probably get the CD once I ask my friend which one it was that he had. I really liked their energy but I think the sound was off or something, I don't know.

I haven't paid much attention to these guys before last night at HoB. I dug some of the death parts, but what's with the nuts-in-a-vice vocals??? I don't mean to offend, but the squealing is just icky.

Gethsemane said:
I haven't paid much attention to these guys before last night at HoB. I dug some of the death parts, but what's with the nuts-in-a-vice vocals??? I don't mean to offend, but the squealing is just icky.
*shrug* a matter of preference. I have a couple friends who hate high, falsetto-style vocals. I also have a couple friends who damn near pissed themselves when they tagged along to the IE/Strato show here last month and heard Stu's pipes live for the first time. Personally, I love the highs. And the low, gutteral death growls. And the midrange growls and clean.

I like Stu's falsettos... I think the coolest one I heard him belt out was during "Point Of Uncertainty"... that one part that goes 'I'll transcend and rise above', he got REALLY REALLY high-pitched and it ruled.

AuditoryDemise said:
damn, I totally woulda bought you two drinks... if I knew who you were and what you looked like! :p

Unfortunately we were'nt able to stick around for the whole show, but we did see the mighty ones kick butt once again. We also got to visit a bit with Stu and Troy. It sucks that we didn't get to chat with Rob, Adam or Tim. They'll just get double the hugs when we see them again.:D

We'll take a raincheck on those beers though. How nice of you! :headbang:

11/6 I was there the vocals were less than grand I'd say I've never seen them live before but they seemed off Nevermore and Opeth were great Mike is funny as fuck