Clevo Studio Build Thread!

About 3 weeks ago, the studio where I did most of my recording unexpectedly (and abruptly) closed. I've been farming out my sessions to other studios in the area, but now I've got some time. I'm revamping my recording space since I've got a 3-week lull with no clients and no classes to teach. I'm starting with the control room, since I have some guitar overdubs to take care of in a few weeks. Here goes!

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Stoked to see the progress of your build :) I love these treads
+1 :popcorn:

Any chance you post your plans / sketches or pictures showing the size and shape of your rooms so we get a better idea what you're planning?

Good luck with the build! And you better don't count on being all finished in only a few weeks - it will most probably take longer than expected. And then a little longer.. and then a little longer again haha :D

Corner bass traps installed, cloud hung, lighting installed. Next up: trim and doors.

Sorry about how crappy those lights look... my iphone doesn't respond well to low/mid-level lighting. It looks way cool in person. Better pics to come when it's all finished.

I don't really have any plans or sketchup or anything. For now, I'm just working out the control room. Nothing about the building is square, so the dimensions vary slightly. The control room is ~12.5'W x 15'L x 9.5H.

6.JPG

How are you hanging your cloud? I'm making mine tomorrow, but I'm kinda scared of hanging it and having it fall on my head or something LOL.

Looks great. Just finished the frames for my bass traps, cloud and last wall panel. Gonna need to get some heavy duty hangers, cause my panels aren't your typical design - I'm using stained birch for the frames, which is pretty damn heavy; but they look epic :lol: :

_MG_3996.jpg

_MG_3998.jpg

Gonna have to move a bunch of crap out of here though, I've got too much junk in this room, and I'm honestly not even sure where the panels are going to hang with all this stuff LOL.

Your cloud mounts are just basic heavy duty screw eye hooks with chains between them then, I assume?

The building I'm in used to be an old woodworking shop. It's zoned live/work, and about 2000 sq ft when you count the upstairs living space and downstairs working space. Of the downstairs square footage, about 650-ish is usable for the studio space. The rest is a sound lock, mechanical, storage, etc. I live upstairs. My landlord is super awesome and likes the idea of a recording studio in a building she owns. Plus, I'm a totally awesome tenant who ALWAYS pays the rent on time and never causes any problems.

Did you get the 703 local, and if so do you mind sharing where ? Ive found a few places online that sell it reasonable but the shipping is always such that it makes me want to save for one massive order and be done with it.