Clone Live

Would you like to hear Clone live?

• Yes, that's a great idea

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No, you're taking your dream pills

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
At school for A level English Literature we were allowed a "free slot" - I picked a few maiden tracks (Run to the hills and 2 minutes were a couple) and then did a "literary criticsim" on them

How great it would have been to analyse the whole album, especially Latent Gene. You could probably write an essay on just "this cuckoos changing its spots"

They're probably the first metal band to use the word saccharin! :D

By the way, seeing people debating the meanings of the songs should be the authors' greatest satisfaction :D

A band of Threshold's caliber where the lyrics are as important as the music is worth analysing and debating. Otherwise, I feel that we are only enjoying only one aspect of Threshold. Threshold's lyrics are an intellectual's playground.

I have always paid a lot of attention to lyrics of Prog Metal bands. A lot can be learnt and more often than not it can lead to a degree of enlightenment. Maybe we need to devote a thread to debating about the lyrics and what they mean to each one of us. This would make the appreciation of Threshold's music complete and this could motivate Richard to come up with even more inspirational material.